Pets

A place where you can chat about whatever.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

kirby
Dino Fish

Re: Pets

Post by kirby »

Kimiko wrote:It's not necroposting really. Just a longtime ongoing thread that hasn't been posted in in a while.
This is absolutely correct, except I have to admit that what Faalstar put was much funnier.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

Dammit, kirby. Everything you post is just leading to off-topic. Stop it. And you didn't have something new to the topic to say
Nedliv
Lullabud

Post by Nedliv »

it's been a long while, i had a pet.

my lovely budgie perry (he died 2000)
his name i got from Donkey Kong Country 3. There was this little bird, flying above ones head and collecting things.
it was so cute -> my budgie was cute -> fantastic parallel for a name !

so far i didn't have any pet since then.
but sometime i want some. perhaps another bird or a cat.
best would be a rabite :o but without genetic manipulation (and that's not my special interest nowadays) it's impossible i think xD
LunarWisp
Iffish

Post by LunarWisp »

Instead of making a new topic, I thought I might as well post here.

My cat died earlier today. I've foreseen this two years prior, so it wasn't as horrible as I had prognosticated, but it's still awfully hard to adapt to this, even though I have three other cats. The concept of this is a bit difficult to comprehend. I wouldn't say "It feels like a dream..." or anything like the people in the sitcoms say, though. I mean, come on, this is sad and all, but I don't have to be that clichè.

Not just here to collect sympathy, though. I must ask, if anyone has had a pet that has died, how long was it until you got over it? I know it's different for each person, but I just want a basic consensus.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Sorry to hear about your cat THM, it's always hard when a loved one dies.

Back when I was younger I had a dog named Roscoe and we had to put him down because he ended up getting some bizarre nervous problems (looking back on it he might have had antifreeze poisoning, makes me mad thinking about it that someone could have done that to him), and it took me a long time to get over that. I might even not still be over it because I don't take to dogs at all since then.

We had an old cat that died and that didn't really come as a surprise and was easy to "be over" because she was very old... kind of expected and she went so peacefully there wasn't any questioning really.

Apart from those two it's been a lot of little kittens who don't survive long, those hit hard but doesn't seem to stay sad for as long.

That's just my experiences anyways.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

The Hooded Man wrote:Not just here to collect sympathy, though. I must ask, if anyone has had a pet that has died, how long was it until you got over it? I know it's different for each person, but I just want a basic consensus.
RATHER DASHING T_T

The hamster I got after him didn't live long either. Both came from the same pet store which means I'm not going there for future pets. -__
CaraBanana
Kimono Bird

Post by CaraBanana »

The Hooded Man wrote:Not just here to collect sympathy, though. I must ask, if anyone has had a pet that has died, how long was it until you got over it? I know it's different for each person, but I just want a basic consensus.
We had a family cat who lived up to being nineteen, and I grew up with this cat, so it took me pretty long to get over her death, I'd say seven months.
Last edited by CaraBanana on Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Last year I rescued a kitten. His name is Alfador.
this is what he looked like then.

This is what he looks like now...roughly (I need more current pics)

Of course I still have this bozo.

I also have another Dog. He's a springer spaniel named Romeo. I'll post pics up of both dogs later.
Kefka
Whimper

new kitten

Post by Kefka »

hurray!

a new kitten. Her name is Jane and 10 weeks old.
Het mother is half Main Coon, half Norwegian euh.. Forestcat?

she's got a Duracel battery and is soooo cute!

Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Merged this for you :P

That's a really pretty cat! I love the greyish blue eyes, and she really does look like a duracell battery. XD
Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka »

Sheexy wrote:Merged this for you :P

That's a really pretty cat! I love the greyish blue eyes, and she really does look like a duracell battery. XD
right, sorry.. :-D it was late when i posted that.

I have burried our Main Coon cat. only was 2 years old. Got hit by a car and was away for one week before he was able to crawl back home.. sad story.
Also a cat from friends of ours was hit by a car lately. We've burried him too.... only 3 years old.... :T
Destiny
Steamed Crab

Post by Destiny »

I swear I posted a pic of my lovely hamstergirl in here. But apparently not. O_O

BEHOLD! I don't care if this thread is long dead... Meet Rosalie. She is little and cute.

Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka »

sweeeet! ^_^
gamekrazzy
Iffish

Post by gamekrazzy »

Rabites don't have pets silly.... we have humans. ^_^
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

I'll have to post a photo sometime but since last time, my wife and I got a black pug named Raven--though lately we've nicknamed her "Raisin" since she kind of looks like one . . . all wrinkly and black. . . .