Can you smell what Sheexy is cooking?

A place where you can chat about whatever.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:58 am

So I made a seven pound Taco Salad today because I was hungry.
I got a bunch of lettuce and put it in a bowl, fried up a bunch of ground beef and put that in, put some cheese and chips in the bowl and then poured on the hotsauce and decided to pretend I was actually cooking instead of just throwing junk together.

So what's the deal eh? I gotta like, cook for myself and stuff since I'm in college and I sometimes don't want to eat out a lot.

Anyone else do any cooking of sorts, and actually be good at it? (Cue Tallon)

So yeah.
I cook some Chicken Fried steaks from time to time (Faal didn't know what this was, so probably a lot of people who aren't from the South U.S. don't know) it's just taking lean ground beef patties and frying them with a flour batter, and then you make some like, white gravy out of flour with it and it tastes flippin' amazing.

And I can make spaghetti, but does that even count as cooking?

I dunno what a good definition of cooking is.
And uh, those are the three things I can make at my cooking level, I need more experience I guess. This one time I made cookies for my mom's birthday, but I melted a spatula into it, so I guess I failed.

This giant Taco Salad is gonna have me going all day, man it's flippin' huge.

Marini
Zombie

Post by Marini » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:35 am

I baked chocolate chip cookies once about three Christmas's ago -- from scratch, none of that Pillsbury stuff-- they were shaped weird but they tasted pretty good. Ans it was fun to bake!

As for other cooking I help out mostly... since I commuted to school I never had that away college experience....

My mother's from the south, so even though she's never made chicken fried steak before but she fries chicken cutlets that way. Good stuff!

btw, Sheexy, how you do doing on that salad? :D

Danny

Post by Danny » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:40 am

My older sister once made something like that, but instead of chicken and beef, she used tuna. A minced tuna and lettuce on bread with lemon. That was a great idea. Pretty tastey considering that I eat nothing that day!

micron08
Lullabud

Post by micron08 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:48 am

I are eating chili.

..from a can.

...with cheese.

EDIT: I should actually add something constructive..

.. I can make a mean tuna salad for sandwhiches.

as well as...

...um no that is about it.
:/
Last edited by micron08 on Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:57 am

I can cook simple things, but soon i'll be able to cook real meals.

sheexy, i think spagetti (with meatballs and a red sauce) is cooking.

Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:02 am

Two hours in and I still have over half of my Taco Salad. Oh man, this thing is never gonna end.
It's like a bottomless pit of Taco Salad. This is my dream come true.

I dunno what constitutes as cooking or not, cause like, when you talk about Spaghetti like Sabin there mentioned (with meatballs and sauce) if you actually make the meatballs and sauce I'd consider that cooking, but canned stuff? Nah.

And what about Hamburger Helper and other things? I've done those, but I feel like I'm cheating when I make stuff out of boxes, hahaha.

Danny

Post by Danny » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:22 am

Very rarly do things from cans and boxes actully taste good. At least the brands that I tryed which is pretty much all of them. I only liked the Unico and some other brands that had caned and boxed food and sauces, etc.

Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:41 am

I can cook basics... Speciality though is pancakes (UK and US) and popcorn. ;) Though on a healthier side of things, I mainly do pasta dishes, chilli con carne with rice (generally I'm the only one that'll eat it, as I tend to make it rather hot... and still add more Tabasco on the plate), English Breakfast, hamburgers (from ground meat, not pre-packed), barbecue, that sort of thing. Salad... what's that?

rrfish
Kimono Bird

Post by rrfish » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:49 am

The less I have the more creative I become. Little things can make all the difference. Spices, adding in frozen veggies, even experimenting with things you wouldn't think would belong in dish and/or recipe. I have a grilled hamburger recipe that calls for ground beef, table salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, bread crumbs, and honey.

I love making chicken and turkey. Fried chicken breasts, garlic chicken, holiday turkeys so juicy that the meat literally falls clean from the bone.

On a budget and with little more than spices and some frozen veggies, I can concoct some mean Ramen recipies.

Of course this is only because I grew up with a mother who refused to cook(along with a number of other things) and made her kids do 90% of the cooking.
Last edited by rrfish on Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:13 am

Interesting, I wouldn't have though of using honey. Other spices, yes, but not honey. I'll have to try that.

Chicken in orange and lemon juice works a treat.

Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:18 am

My salad grew bigger.
I had to end up adding more lettuce because there was too much other stuff.

I don't think I will ever see the end of this.

I'm still waiting for Tallon to chime in and talk about how he pwns us all at cooking.

Tallon
Kimono Bird

Post by Tallon » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:03 am

ok ok I'm here, and I have to say thanks Sheexy for all they hype. I am surprised at how few can cook. Even small stuff. Sorry to blow you guys/girls out of the waters, but I can cook anything from scratch.

cheesecakes (strawberry, cinnamon, marble, regular, blueberry, etc.)
roasts, steaks, barbecue, chicken fried steak, beef tips, hamburgers.
honey mustard chicken, lemon chicken, fried chicken, grilled chicken, barbecue, roast chicken, lemon pepper
pork chops, ham, honey ham, bacon, pork roasts
tilapia, salmon, tuna, catfish, carp, trout (all the ways fish are made: grilled, fried, baked, etc).
turkies.
spaghetti sauce and spaghetti, rice, pasta.
I do vegetables. steamed, baked, sauteed, broiled, grilled, barbecued, etc.
potpies. all breakfast foods.

basically...you name it, I can do it. I have cooking level of 99, and a +120974982374574 to cooking skill ring of cookery.

I can use all utencils and methods of cooking. Ovens, toaster ovens, stoves, microwaves, deep fryers, broilers, open fire, grill.

And I can bake. That's right, cookies, cakes, etc.
Last edited by Tallon on Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

rrfish
Kimono Bird

Post by rrfish » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:07 am

Tallon wrote:ok ok I'm here, and I have to say thanks Sheexy for all they hype. I am surprised at how few can cook. Even small stuff. Sorry to blow you guys/girls out of the waters, but I can cook anything from scratch.

cheesecakes (strawberry, cinnamon, marble, regular, blueberry, etc.)
roasts, steaks, barbecue, chicken fried steak, beef tips, hamburgers.
honey mustard chicken, lemon chicken, fried chicken, grilled chicken, barbecue, roast chicken, lemon pepper
pork chops, ham, honey ham, bacon, pork roasts
tilapia, salmon, tuna, catfish, carp, trout (all the ways fish are made: grilled, fried, baked, etc).
turkies.
spaghetti sauce and spaghetti, rice, pasta.
I do vegetables. steamed, baked, sauteed, broiled, grilled, barbecued, etc.
potpies. all breakfast foods.

basically...you name it, I can do it. I have cooking level of 99, and a +120974982374574 to cooking skill ring of cookery.

I can use all utencils and methods of cooking. Ovens, toaster ovens, stoves, microwaves, deep fryers, broilers, open fire, grill.

And I can bake. That's right, cookies, cakes, etc.
::Adores:: ::Drools:: ::Hungers for Honey Mustard Chicken:: ::Adores some more::

Lotus
Grave Bat

Post by Lotus » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:55 am

Dude, I am moving in with you, I am having Tunafish for dinner tonight.

Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:20 pm

After an amazing five hours and thirty minutes after the creation of my salad I have managed to defeat it.
Holy snap that was a giant salad.