Can you smell what Sheexy is cooking?

A place where you can chat about whatever.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

krayola
Lullabud

Post by krayola » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:18 pm

i know how to cooks tons of stuff
I make lobster bisque, steaks with a fried porto bello mushroom and chees sauce, salmon steaks
fried chicken, deep fried twinkies (weird stuff I had to make at a restraunt i worked @), chilli with beef and or deer stir fry with fresh vegatables, lots of pasta, my favorite being chicken a la vodka sauce w/ penne noodles or pork chops fried and chopped up in an alfredo with angel hair pasta.., the list goes on
it wouldnt but im either going to school for graphic design or culinary arts havent decided yet

i appreciate the siggy you gave me whoever did so
Last edited by krayola on Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hero of Spirits
Ma Goblin

Post by Hero of Spirits » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:14 pm

Sheexy wrote:After an amazing five hours and thirty minutes after the creation of my salad I have managed to defeat it.
Holy snap that was a giant salad.
If I was your toilet, I would run and cry right now, but bad gas jokes aside....

I can cook a few things, and considering I'm an electronics student in high school I'm rather proud of myself, so here's the list.

Waffles/pancakes from scratch.(includes bacon, ham, or fried apples and can be served with a homemade maple syrup, and super juicy home grown peach slices and whipped cream if desired. the peaches are compliments of my dad's trees.)

Grilled Marinated Sirloin Steak tips complete with homemade shallow pan fried steak fries, and Authentic Armenian Rice Pilaf

normal hamburgers

croutons and garlic bread

kettle style air popped popcorn with a special home melted butter mix, can also be made with a sugar molasses mix for a twist.

Basic types of fruit pies, cookies, Pizzelles....

thats about it, so do I get my chef job now?

Edit: the bunny loved my pancakes.... see below
Last edited by Hero of Spirits on Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

racx_00
Eye Spy

Post by racx_00 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:21 pm

Pancakes and spaghetti. I can do more than that but I'm buggered if I can remember them all.

Destiny
Steamed Crab

Post by Destiny » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:48 pm

I'm a good cook :)
Mostly, though, I just tend to cook simple things that are relatively quick. Since I'm cooking for one. One of my current favourites is smoked mackerel fishcakes... mmmm... And lemon and mushroom chicken with roast spud wedges. *melts* And roast veggie risotto. Yessss. Food is awesome.

I also love baking, and am quite good at general yummy puddingy things. Yay. xD

Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:26 am

Im a decent cook.

I mostly cook BBQ and some italian food...

Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:23 am

I can BBQ very well. On (birthday)parties they always want me to BBQ. Or they just need a victim... or i'm annoying and the BBQ is far away from the table and the people :P

The J Person
Grave Bat

Post by The J Person » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:29 am

This thread made me hungry. I was initially going to post something, but then I decided to go eat something instead and forgot about it. :P

I guess I could be described as an OK cook. I don't BBQ - yet, anyway, since I have no place to do this - and I don't do much from scratch.

In fact, I do my best - well, maybe not best, but certainly most original - work with leftovers; I'm sort of an experimentalist when it comes to food, and this generally involves me taking leftovers and condiments (and sometimes other leftovers) and forcing them into bizarre hybrid existences, that no one other than me has ever made much attempt to like. :/

Mind you, most of the stuff you guys know how to cook sounds utterly delicious to me. :D

Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:54 pm

Since i live on my own, i have baked pankakes, with success!
Tonight Pasta (tortellinni with meatballs).

Danny

Post by Danny » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:42 am

This topic made me hungrier then playing ToP with all that food! I could really go for a nice tender steak with shiitake mushrooms (Japanese mushrooms) and some olives, both green and black. It seems that if you have the best stuff, you can make much better food then you can get in take out! At least that's what I have noticed.

Tallon
Kimono Bird

Post by Tallon » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:33 pm

So it's late, and I am baking cheesecakes. I thought it only appropriate to post.

I am making a cinnamon, caramel, strawberry (with strawberries on top), and a marble (with chocolate chips on top) flavored cheesecakes.

Anyone bake/make anything recently?

Faalstar
Site Admin

Post by Faalstar » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:02 am

scrambled eggs... if that counts?

Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:56 am

Instead of dancing (ballroom, salsa) with friends, we are now cooking. Every two weeks someone cookes for the rest.

So last friday i've cooked. Italian pasta (Penne) with meatballs and two special sauces. It was a grand succes!

Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:02 am

I made yet another giant salad of death.

Frito Salad this time. But I forgot to buy Fritos so I just used tortilla chips.

Lasted me three days it did...

Thinking of going for another giant taco salad. :D

Anon
Kimono Bird

Post by Anon » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:36 am

I can cook alright for the most part. I can bake stuff, and roast. I've been told I make a pretty good steak too.

Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:58 am

I actually have 2 baking recipes for both a chocolate cake as well as a Chocolate pizza...

Im willing to try them out sometime...