What do you drive/wish you drove?

A place where you can chat about whatever.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Hey all,

I had a random thought that popped into my head while I was driving home from getting my teeth cleaned--yay dental hygienists--and will now share:

What do the members of the Seikens family drive or wish they drove (if they don't drive yet)?

I hope this hasn't already been done (chances are high this was),

manaman

Edit: I'm talking motor vehicles here. Mopeds accepted. ;)
Last edited by manaman on Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

We did do this a while back in March, yes. But don't think there's any harm launching the question again.

Current rides for myself are:
-1987 BMW 525
-2003 Ford F150 XL

I'm looking at investing in a different car shortly. WIP though.
Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka »

I don't like the big american cars.
Also big asocial cars like the BMW X5 and cars like that are not cool here in The Netherlands.

My favorite?
Some Maclarens', some bmw, Ferrari Modena 360..
When we are talking about affordable cars, i pick the Alfa Romeo 159 sedan, what a mean look, what lines and curves! what power!!
Danny

Post by Danny »

Hey, now that's a pretty sweet car there Kyatto! I don't really like the American cars too much either, I prefer European and Japanese cars. I'm 16 so I can get my diver's lience and get a car. I will try to take the exam during my summer vaction if I don't start video gaming all day and night like a brain dead zombie again.^-^;

Here's the car that I would want to have: A Mitsubishi Eclipse! A sweet looking and awesome Japanese car!:)

Last edited by Danny on Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quemaqua
Silktail

Post by Quemaqua »

I really don't drive anymore. I just walk and take the subway, mostly. My wife has a Volkswagen Golf, which I loathe beyond reason. It's a fine car, really, with no major mechanical malfunctions to speak of, but the LITTLE things just go wrong constantly. Electrical problems, recalls (she's had about 12 recalls for the car... turn signals, brake lights, sunroof stripping, etc.), and even the smallest problem is ridiculously expensive to fix. I can't stand it. Give me a Toyota any day.
Magus_Melchior
Grave Bat

Post by Magus_Melchior »

Honda "fanboi" of sorts myself.

1st car: '84 Accord hatchback. Manual transmission, a fairly good ride until the engine gave up the ghost a year after I bought it.
Current car: '89 Civic sedan, automatic. The age, near-total loss of the clear coat and a couple of minor collisions are making me think about getting a new Fit sport (and if Honda puts a miniature version of its newfangled diesel into one, I'm there). But I'll probably ride this one to its demise as well...

@Danny: (Although it might be tempting, I doubt a car would be useful to a diver ;) )
Last edited by Magus_Melchior on Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Heh heh,

It's fun to hear what people have to say. I guess I should throw in my two cents.

First Car: Silver '95 Ford Aspire two-door hatchback
Second Car: Silver '86 Jeep Comanche pickup with matching Gem Top camper shell
Third and Current Car: Orange '74 Ford Maverick Grabber two-door fastback with a V8

My Aspire was a fine little car that got 40 mpg easy so it was nice and economical. It was on a Kia chassis. Never had a problem with it. Sadly, I fell asleep at the wheel on the freeway in it and had quite a scary little roll-over. The frame held up amazingly well, however.

My truck was a great vehicle for more of the camping and recreational stuff I was doing. I loved having a bed always in the back. I just sold it recently, though, since I won't really be using it for a couple of years and by that time, I might just get a slightly newer truck (though I like the Comanches).

The Mav' is a new addition that I inherited from my uncle who bought it new as my aunt and uncle's first car together. It's a beaut with lots of power under the hood. It'll stay here while I'm away back at grad school for a couple more years. I'll drive it when I return home. Fun cruiser. Perhaps I'll snap a photo of it and post it at some point.

Anyway, fun cars, everyone! More, more! ;)

Peace,

manaman
Magus_Melchior
Grave Bat

Post by Magus_Melchior »

Upon further research, I decided I'm not that much into paddle shifters.

So my next car might be a more current Civic with an actual manual shifter...
Noblewine
Iffish

Post by Noblewine »

I wish I drove though I bombed my test twice....
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

... how did I not reply to this?

Copy paste from the other thread:

I just got done washing my car, so it is looking pretty awesome.
I decided it'd be cool to see what other people drive or whatever.

Here is my car:

http://www.seikens.com/sheexy/mustang1.JPG
http://www.seikens.com/sheexy/mustang2.JPG

I love this car soooo much!

1965 Ford Mustang. Fastback 2+2 model. 3 shades of blue on the interior, hood scoop, original "spinner" hubcaps.
This thing is a dream to drive, we recently got the transmission overhauled so everything runs nice and smooth.
Thing is hecka loud too. Muscle car!

I looove this thing. In fact, we've got two more at my house. (One with red interior, and a '66 with creme and black interior, they don't have hoodscoops though.)
I need a new paint job, new rims and new tires and a few touch ups on the interior, but the car still gets me compliments from all kinds of people. (I seriously cannot drive around the block without someone stopping me to say they love it. SERIOUSLY, I just tested this fact. Also, people will come up to the door of the house and ask about the car. Heck, I've even had someone hand me a business card when my car stopped next to his at a red light. He wanted me to call him if I decided to sell it.)
Danny

Post by Danny »

I couldn't find a seiken densetsu car, but I could find the next best thing. A CT one: http://www.joystiq.com/media/2007/06/chronocar.jpg It's pretty nicely made. Although I can't tell entirely if it's just made on computer or if its an actual car with CT pics spray painted on. Most computer today are too darn good, so you can't always tell if its real or not.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

I dunno, that looks pretty fake to me.
I should totally paint Mana stuff all over my car though. :D
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

I don't really have a car yet, but Im hoping to save up for a Scion Xb
Danny

Post by Danny »

It would be awesome in Nascar if all the racecars would all have game logos and pics on them. The Som car, SD3, CT, ToP, etc. It's too bad that CT car was fake, just about everything on the web is now a days. People are too lazy to do the real thing or are low on funds (most likely both).^_^
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Danny wrote:It would be awesome in Nascar if all the racecars would all have game logos and pics on them. The Som car, SD3, CT, ToP, etc. It's too bad that CT car was fake, just about everything on the web is now a days. People are too lazy to do the real thing or are low on funds (most likely both).^_^
Keep in mind NASCAR's audiences...Rednecks... (no offence to Sheexy)