Heroes of Mana noobish question.

Mana not on your side? Ask here and we'll help out!

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

IrishLuiz
Wizard Eye

Post by IrishLuiz »

Ok guys, here comes another:
I´m currently in the Ruins of Light (i dont remeber the name they put in this game, since i recall the names of Seiken den 3, like Navarre, Forcena and so on...) searching for the Mana stone of light. Then comes a massive attack from Peddan´s prince and i got wacked. Any help on this battle? im about to give up, it looks hell impossible.
Magus_Melchior
Grave Bat

Post by Magus_Melchior »

Here's how I beat it:

1) Don't explore the entire map early, or you will be killed. Stay near where you started, or at the center of the map.
2) Use Rabites to deplete all the Trents and Gaeus in your half of the map. Yes, all of them. The enemy also uses resource collectors (well, when he appeareth), so the more resource nodes you empty, the more your advantage over him.
3) For the Gaeus across the river/canal, use the swimming collectors (Pakkun Otama in Japanese; no idea what the NA release calls 'em). At this point, you'll probably want to position your ship and heroes at the hook in the center of the map.
4) Build an Archer's house and pump out lots of Sahagins. Build a Zan Bie summon with the extra rock you stole^Wgrabbed across the canal. Position your Sahagins on the water, where only other archers and flyers can hit them.
5) When you finally reveal enough of the map and Peddan's army arrives in full force, use your Rabites to slow them down if the enemy moves in (especially the ones from the northeast, where the enemy ship is). They'll die, but it'll give you time to prep a defense, and they are useless at this point (all the convenient resources should be depleted). You should have enough stone and fruit to build other units if you really want to, but the terrain is best suited for ranged attack. Activate your summon if the enemy starts getting close (excellent counterattack for them dragons).
IrishLuiz
Wizard Eye

Post by IrishLuiz »

great tactician. thx bro.
Magus_Melchior
Grave Bat

Post by Magus_Melchior »

Beat another chapter a couple of nights ago, and the game's gotten to the point where "if I can't beat him with my inferior AI, I'll cheat!"

Yup, auto-spawning creeps. Almost lost Yurchael, but he wasn't a critical unit anyway.
IrishLuiz
Wizard Eye

Post by IrishLuiz »

Oh boy i´m afraid in a near future ill have to cheat or quit. My AI is definetly a inferior one... -_-
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

The game is completable with the current AI and no cheating... Even if you can't understand the language you're playing in. Takes some practice though.
Noblewine
Iffish

Post by Noblewine »

Though through trial and error can you really make progress in difficult missions later in the game. However I don't think I would play the bonus map for chapter 11 because the dragons are still annoying and leaders alone don't really make a difference. I think teamwork is the only way you can win as well as placing your units in the right place to prevent an attack from every direction. I just wish the AI wasn't so slow when exploring or engaging an enemy in battle.
Magus_Melchior
Grave Bat

Post by Magus_Melchior »

Well, after the major Wendel battle, there aren't that many difficult battles until the last 2 or 3. By that time, though, you get your heavy artillery unit anyway, which doesn't have a weakness.

The final chapter was one cheat code after another (but that's standard fare for Japanese RPG final bosses). To top it off, the story was a tad unclear on how to stop an invulnerable boss. I evacuated everyone who didn't die (Roget & Yurchael) plus the mothership and just snuck resources until I could send out a few troops to support Roget in a bit of a suicide mission.

And to prevent most retcons, we erase everyone's memory and send our heroes into a quantum singularity. All that, and before the war involving the Dragon Emperor that predates SD3. Yay!
Last edited by Magus_Melchior on Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

The ending is a mystery... I'll start a separate topic on that.

The last chapter for me was a case of luring the beastie over to the Nightswan over and over, then pelting it with missile units like there's no tomorrow. No cheats for me, no sir!
Magus_Melchior
Grave Bat

Post by Magus_Melchior »

Er, by "cheat code" I meant that the computer can't beat me with its AI, therefore it uses insane advantages. However, if a human player would do this, it would very clearly be "cheating". Eh.

If there were cheat codes, I would be tempted to use them if there was a harder difficulty level.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

OK, I see what you mean now. There are codes for the game though, and there is, of course, the harder difficulty level (makes pretty much all enemies stronger and more HP, but the rest stays the same).

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
IrishLuiz
Wizard Eye

Post by IrishLuiz »

i cant beat that bloody Black Dragon, and his battle..........
Magus_Melchior
Grave Bat

Post by Magus_Melchior »

Kassidy wrote:OK, I see what you mean now. There are codes for the game though, and there is, of course, the harder difficulty level (makes pretty much all enemies stronger and more HP, but the rest stays the same).

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
No worries. So all they did was essentially Legend of Mana's difficulty settings? That makes sense.

Irish, what chapter are you stuck in? There's a black dragon in at least 2 battles.
Last edited by Magus_Melchior on Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.