Sword Of Mana

Mana not on your side? Ask here and we'll help out!

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Count Lee
Mushboom

Post by Count Lee »

I just Got Sword Of Mana today and when i got to Veinquet Hall ( this is actually kinda funny ) and was fighting the mini boss, he kept on casting magic on me and i died in like 2 seconds!!!!When i used to have it he never casted magic! whats up with that!? Should i start a new game or what? I played as the boy and i was level 7
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Maybe just level up some more, go fight a bunch of bad guys.

That or just dodge around you're just talking about the dragonball z type blast they have, right?
It's not impossible to beat the game at a low level though, I've beaten the whole game at level 1 before. :D

Also moving this thread to the right place.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

A level 1 run doesn't sound fun. I imagine you did a lot weapon work.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

DeadWolf wrote:A level 1 run doesn't sound fun. I imagine you did a lot weapon work.
Basically you just dodge around and pray that you'll survive through fighting the Vampire, rest of the baddies and bosses are easy to dodge. Then once you get to Jad you do a quest where you eventually have to collect 10,000 Lucre from some character.

You use that money to purchase items from Niccolo 250 times to unlock his secret shop menu, then you purchase the best materials you can and make some armor and weapons out of them.

You'll take 1 damage from all enemies that do physical damage, but magical enemies can drop you dead on the spot (fighting Mindflayer is near impossible), and since you've made a crazy weapon (preferably a bow) you can take down enemies pretty easy, sometimes even one shotting them.

It's actually a really fun way to play through, just buying stuff from Niccolo gets old (gotta exit out of the menu each time before you buy another item).
nick912012
Pebbler

Post by nick912012 »

A low level SwoM game sounds fun. I might give it a shot after I collect the sprites and after I complete my CoM lowish level game. Landumber.. Sorta stuck on him =P Hell, all of Lorimar was killer since half of the objectievs are kill all the enemies, and all the enemies do like half your health. There's like fifty thousand of them compared to just you.
Count Lee
Mushboom

Post by Count Lee »

I started over and on another file i got to jad and i got amanda and what do i do when Medusa turns everyone into birds?
nick912012
Pebbler

Post by nick912012 »

I think you're supposed to just ask around Jadd and eventualyl you'll be able to go south. Then you gotta do the figure eight thing with the palm trees.
NightshadeTea
Tomato Man

Post by NightshadeTea »

Heh, I beat that part not that long ago and it took me a while to remember. XD MY POOR OLD LADY BRAIN! I'M SENILE! I'M SENILE

You're supposed to go south into the desert until you find a sandfall (like a waterfall, only with sand) with two palm trees in front of it. Go around the palm trees in a figure eight until the sand stops and reveals a cave. Go into the cave and keep going until you reach the plot.