Mana Bracelet?

Mana not on your side? Ask here and we'll help out!

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

LunarWisp
Iffish

Mana Bracelet?

Post by LunarWisp »

Let me cut to the chase and say that if I like a game enough, I absolutely have to do everything in it. This is the case with Heroes of Mana; yes, I like Heroes of Mana. Quite a bit, actually. I recently beat the game and now have to begin Hard Mode.

Needless to say, it's hard. Hard to the point where I struggled to defeat the Beastman scouts in Chapter 2, and in most Chapters, my leader units are often depleted to critical HP and I have to be very protective of them. The game really didn't need to be any harder, but I still feel obligated to complete the Hard Mode.

I saw in this site's Heroes of Mana equipment list, there's a Mana Bracelet that quadruples your defense against all units, and doubles your offense against them. If I were to equip this bracelet on Roget, it would at least make the game a little easier. I want to know how this bracelet can be obtained; obviously it's not going to be an easy item to get, but it would be a great help if I know HOW to get it.
Abdul_Moti
Specter

Re: Mana Bracelet?

Post by Abdul_Moti »

Hmm, don't know about that yet. But judging to the properties, it might be a reward of Hard Mode itself, or all chapters are grade "S". Note that I could be wrong.
LunarWisp
Iffish

Post by LunarWisp »

Mm-hmm... Yes, I assumed that extreme measures may have been needed to acquire it. My guess is that it may be a reward for getting a grade of "S" on the final battle against Anise. All chapters getting an "S" is a possibility, but doing that would require god-like luck and prowess. Thanks for at least guessing, though. I had began to assume that no one knew how to get it.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

I've left my notes in my library, and we've got it doubled up as a guest room at the moment, and they have just gone to bed, otherwise I'd pull it out and work it out for you (yes, I have notes on all these things and I need to write them up into some usable form).

It isn't an S in the last mission, that much I do know off the top of my head (I'm pretty sure at least).

I'll try and get an answer for you tomorrow morning.

Also, seeing as there is no description for the item, and given the lack of any negative counter-effect at all, it is conceivable that this is a debug item (I know that CoM has them, I can't remember if HoM does or not, I'm just that spacey at the moment).
LunarWisp
Iffish

Post by LunarWisp »

Kassidy wrote:Also, seeing as there is no description for the item, and given the lack of any negative counter-effect at all, it is conceivable that this is a debug item (I know that CoM has them, I can't remember if HoM does or not, I'm just that spacey at the moment).
...I couldn't have predicted that. But, I don't think it really even matters much anymore. After dozens of times trying to get past the first fight against Baxilios, I think I'm just about ready to give up for now. I may try again at some other point, but Flamekhan and the Mirage Bishop won't be any easier, I know that much. Thanks for guessing, anyway.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

My response is heavily delayed since I can't find them! Grrrrr.

What I CAN tell you at least is that it is not a debug item, it is obtainable, via Wifi, I THINK using the points system (as opposed to an item in one of the free battles).

Will keep you posted as and when I find the darned thing.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

It's one of the rewards for getting 5000 accumulated points in Wifi missions (the other two possible rewards being Mana Necklace and Mana Ring).
Abdul_Moti
Specter

Post by Abdul_Moti »

That is an amusing thing to hear. We are thankful, Master Kassidy.