SD3 Class change problem no magic?

Mana not on your side? Ask here and we'll help out!

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Badseed
Rabite

SD3 Class change problem no magic?

Post by Badseed »

I havent played this game since year one of the rom release,so im kinda noobie.I cant figure out why when i did my first class change my damage stayed the same and still no magic to use?Im going for a duelest,god-hand,fenrir knight party and i just did my first class change.Duran and Lise dark and kevin light for round one change.I thought when i did this my power went up and i could use magic but no damage increase and the only magic i can use is durans stone saber.Whats the deal?Do i not have enough int or pie?
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Re: SD3 Class change problem no magic?

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

It's probably that you don't have enough Int or Pie.

Each spell requires you to have a certain amount, like here is Duran's list for dark:
New spells Target Requirements
Diamond Saber One PIE 8
Thunder Saber One PIE 8
Ice Saber One PIE 9
Flame Saber One PIE 9

Kevin Light:
Pressure Point Self VIT 12
Heal Light One PIE 8

And then Riesz' section on our site is messed up... you either need to get Int or Pie to 10. I think it's Pie.

Anyways you can find all that info here: http://www.seikens.com/seiken-densetsu-3-class.html
Badseed
Rabite

Post by Badseed »

I dunno something is really messed up.I just put 9 pie into duran and all he has is thunder and stone sabre,Reziz is 11 pie with only slow down,kevin has 9 pie with only pressure point..no heal...Help someone cause this lameness is making want to just stick this game on the shelf and let it collect dust.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

I'll have to let someone else answer because SD3 is the game I know the least about. I forget though if maybe you can only get one spell each stat upgrade.

Also Riesz might need her Int to be 10, really unsure because our page doesn't say it and I didn't write that section.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

I'm pretty sure it's PIE for Riesz's requirement. And IIRC you do only get one skill per level-up.

Edit: These have now been checked and the PIE has been added to the page in question. Apologies for the confuzzlement.

Also should probably add that as well as the stats requirement there is the requirement of having encountered the elemental in question. ie. Ice Sabre requires you to have met Undine as well as having the appropriate stat. Check the Magic page to see what elemental you require to have met to ensure you have fulfilled this condition.
Badseed
Rabite

Post by Badseed »

Thanks for all your help,the partys working great. I see how this works.You change your class then every time you level thereafter you get one new magic skill per one level.Maybe a good thing to point out in the walkthrough?
Last edited by Badseed on Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.