SoM: Death before Potos

Mana not on your side? Ask here and we'll help out!

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Well here's something that had never happened to me before, and quite surprised me. Have any of you ever died before reaching Potos? No, neither had I until just now. I was trying to get some more sound samples and (being the forgetful whatsit that I am) forgot that there is no sound for Low HP in SoM (was getting confuzzled with later games).

Anyway, so I started a new game (as all my savegames are far too advanced for me to take damage from anything), let a Rabite have at me, and mistakenly let it kill me. And the result is thus...

I checked the variable font version and the text is the same (well, ya never know, eh).

Heck, maybe you all know about this one already, but it certainly provided me with a giggle for the evening.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Haha, yeah that's a nifty little thing. I almost forgot that even happened!
I was screwing around seeing what weird stuff I could do back there, haha. Another time I just stayed there and killed Rabites until I was at some godly level for that early in the game, I was feeling bored.

I wonder if you die with the other characters in there (ala going back into Potos) what would happen? I doubt they just have that whole place triggered...
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

My guess is that it'll use the same trigger as Mantis Ant not being able to kill you. Although I would be curious to see what happens if you go back in after being banished.
Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka »

I've had it before, when i was 10 years old and had trouble with attacking the rabites...hehehehe... haven't seen that in a long period....
rrfish
Kimono Bird

Post by rrfish »

I saw that twice the first time I ever played the game....yes twice. Those rabites were damn vicious and attacked in packs. I was young! The sun was in my eyes! I had a cold. STOP JUDGING ME!
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

rrfish wrote:The sun was in my eyes!
Are you totally quoting "The Stranger" there?

Eh, it took me over a year to beat the Fire Gigas, hahaha. I blame a joint effort of me not understanding how to level up because I was too young, and the fact that my aunt made me return the game to her.
BuCUE
Ma Goblin

Post by BuCUE »

I didn't struggle against anything but Griffin feet. You're all noobs and need to go back to your little FPS games :P
rrfish
Kimono Bird

Post by rrfish »

BuCUE wrote:I didn't struggle against anything but Griffin feet. You're all noobs and need to go back to your little FPS games :P
HE SAID IT! OF ALL THE ASS LANCING WORDS! HE SAID IT! YOU! GGRRRR! I hate that word so much! Not only is it a word that conjurs up the sounds of nails on a chalkboard, but it is mispelled on purpose! As if the dictionary doesn't matter anymore!

Bloody f<Section censored for the children....you know...> word! RRRRR!!!!

*Deep breath*

I'm okay. I'm sorry. It's just that word...*THAT* word...does things to me.
BuCUE
Ma Goblin

Post by BuCUE »

noob?
racx_00
Eye Spy

Post by racx_00 »

Yes that words is the hated one.

Anyway can't say I've ever died before Potos. I've come close but then leveled up just before dying. :D
rrfish
Kimono Bird

Post by rrfish »

BuCUE wrote:noob?
GAH! He said it again! AGAIN! ::Turn into a mindless axe weilding green monster and attacks:: ME HATE THAT WORD! RAGE!
Straddon
Kid Goblin

Post by Straddon »

wtf is dieing in som u dum pplz i beet it al teh way 2 teh utlimate powr lvls with 3 mana sowrds so i never dide u ur teh *censored for Rev Fish's sake*. i use my pwoers on u 2 so i get ur stuf so stfu n die alredy.

Like being back in MMORPGs, isn't it? Is there ever an escape, even in RP servers?

As for SoM... I haven't been able to get back into it... no time, you see.
rrfish
Kimono Bird

Post by rrfish »

Straddon wrote:wtf is dieing in som u dum pplz i beet it al teh way 2 teh utlimate powr lvls with 3 mana sowrds so i never dide u ur teh *censored for Rev Fish's sake*. i use my pwoers on u 2 so i get ur stuf so stfu n die alredy.
:mad: You just made Grammar swear and the Dictionary explode! I hope you're happy! :mad:
Straddon wrote:Like being back in MMORPGs, isn't it? Is there ever an escape, even in RP servers?
There is no escape Straddon...especially in Barrens Chat. The RP servers are great...until they begin to fill up. Then it is back to the same old crap. Right now the Moonguard server is prime if you want to check it out. If you do locate either "Zolli" or "Grammar" on the horde side, or "Sonis" or "Lothaar" on the alliance side. Yes...I have an orc named "Grammar." Yes...I did it on purpose. :D

As for the "l337 sp33k"...

::Turns into a murloc and attacks::
grlrglllrrgrgrllrglrllglrglrg!
BuCUE
Ma Goblin

Post by BuCUE »

Noob

>:D
The J Person
Grave Bat

Post by The J Person »

If there's anything more infuriating than *censored*, it's *censored*mongers. Who proliferate the existence of *censored*.

I suppose one could interpret that as "I piss myself off", but then again, that's a given.

I remember this particular death condition... I note that I have not attempted to get it with all three party members before, but... I WILL TRY!!! Someday.