What games are you playing?

Everything from Apple to Zerglings

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Kassidy
Site Admin

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by Kassidy »

I've got Amnesia, yet to play it though. I've accumulated a bit of a backlog of games to get through. Portal 2 will take precedence when it's released though.
Been busy with Borderlands, finally finished all the DLC and got all the achievements, and been setting up SMP Minecraft stuffs. Also been getting my feet wet with random indie games on Steam, mainly puzzle stuff, since that doesn't require huge amounts of time in one sitting (kinda suited for my household).
Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka »

lucky sheexy!

The game is on sale since a couple of minutes through Steam! 7.49 euro's, don't know how many US Dollars. :-D
http://store.steampowered.com/app/57300/
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

I dunno about getting Amnesia, I think I'll pass on it this time. I saw a friend play it and it just didn't seem like the style of game I enjoy.

Just bought Flotilla on Steam because it was 50% off and I saw a gameplay video that looked pretty nice. It's a space battle game where you have a fleet of ships (you start with 2) and you go around different systems and random stuff happens like space pirate penguins attacking you. You get little gears to power up your ships or give them better defense. It's turn based, but all of your ships and all of the enemy ships move at the same time so you've gotta predict what they're gonna do and try to out flank them. Every ship moves in complete 3D, you can let the game pick the facings of your ships for you or use a 6 axis system to point them where you want. The tops and sides of your ships are pretty much invincible to all hits, so you've gotta watch your bottom and backs while moving around, you can also use random space debris and asteroids to your advantage.

Took me an hour to get through my first adventure, the game is really fun and has a great level of difficulty. The battles have a nice classical music backing them, and the game kinda feels like you're making the ships dance around each other.

My only complaint is that you have a limited amount of actions and battles for each "adventure" because your character only has 7 months to live. It's kind of a disappointment that you can't go on as long as you want, but I think the time limit given is ok considering how long one adventure lasted me.

It's really quite cool, it's 5 bucks on Steam right now, you can try a demo out if you think it's interesting.
Zable Fahr
Mushboom

Post by Zable Fahr »

Lost in Rhapsody; a Musical Adventure...

Ugh, this game is so miserable..... but I can't seem to put it down...... >| I'm just curious as to what they're gonna sing next..... Dx;; Wah.
Trying to get a fire orb ... found Sharte's lost-sibling from way in the beginning of the game I forgot about...
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

What an unfortunate name that person has.

Just beat Bioshock. Game = awesome. Ending = really short. I was expecting a lot more for the end sequence, watched the ones I didn't get on Youtube and I gotta say it feels like they rushed it.
Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka »

I'm still on Fallout: New Vegas (again), and expect to start with the just bought steam games this weekend.

DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

I picked up Pokémon Black. Just got it yesterday so I haven't done too much. Though I do like how the game is set up based on your starting Pokémon. The first gym leader is always your starting Pokémon's weakness. There are 2 rivals and the gender of the professor is opposite the gender of your character. Your first few decisions have such an impact on the outcome of the game.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

Finally got some time to play The Witcher
Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka »

still on Modern Warfare 2 online.

i need moar time!
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Currently:
- Pokemon: Black Version
- Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation
- Resonance of Fate
- Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Well, I'm not playing Oblivion.

5 years later and my CD for the game decided to give up, guess I used it a bit too much haha.
Might break down and buy the GOTY version off of Steam, comes with all 9 dlc which I've never gotten before, so I wouldn't feel too bad about spending money on the same game again. Also I found out that all the mods work for the Steam version now, used to all the OBSE stuff wasn't possible.
LunarWisp
Iffish

Post by LunarWisp »

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. I... Should have played this a long time ago.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Gave Darksiders another shot. It's pretty ok. Got my XBox controller out and it's a lot more enjoyable.
Fixed how ugly the graphics looked before, turns out that the options for resolution and vsync are under Advanced Options instead of Video Options... didn't make sense to me I dunno.
Flying segment was incredibly dull. I have fun with the fights, but the bigger enemies kick me around unless I do like, two hits retreat two hits retreat all the time which kinda defeats the purpose of a lot of the combo upgrade stuff.
Oh well, it's pretty fun.
Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka »

got a LANparty this weekend, starting tonight.

we'll be playing
- Homefront
- Modern Warfare 2
- Black Ops
- Supreme Commander 2
- GTA 4 multiplayer
- Breach
- Farcry 2
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Because I have a computer that can actually play games I downloaded a bunch of stuff off of steam.
Here's my list.
VVVVVV
Crysis 2 (I got the physical copy)
GTA IV & Episodes from Liberty City
Torchlight
Deus Ex

I'm spent for now. I plan on picking up Night Sky when I get some more cash. I noticed it was made by Nifflas in the style of Within a Deep Forest.