Which Pokemon did you choose? (Red & Blue)

Everything from Apple to Zerglings

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

IMissSqrSoft
Mushboom

Which Pokemon did you choose? (Red & Blue)

Post by IMissSqrSoft »

I know a lot of people here are fans of pokemon, and everyone WAS a fan of pokemon in some way, at some point of their lives (hopefully..or else I feel sorry for your childhood). Soo I figured it would be pretty cool to see what pokemon everyone played/plays with. I used to always ask people who their "main" pokemon is and always wondered which pokemon was the most popular choice.

So.. When you first played Pokemon Blue and/or Red which pokemon did you decide to take from Professor Oak?
** Note: This is the first time when you played. I like to know the first time because most people are not necessarily familliar with all the details of elemental weaknesses and indiviual pokemon techniques and evolutions when they first played. I'm only asking for Blue and Red versions because most people probablly played them in comparison to the later versions. **

Bulbasaur

Charmander

Squirtle
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Re: Which Pokemon did you choose? (Red & Blue)

Post by DeadWolf »

Very first time I played I had Red and I picked Charmander. When Gold and Silver came out I had Gold I picked Cyndaquil.

Kind of funny that I picked Cyndaquil in Heart Gold.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

First time I played was Squirtle because I used to love Turtles.

I chose Cyndaquil my first time with Silver, Totodile the time I restarted and Totodile in Heart Gold.

In Diamond I chose Turtwig because it was a turtle. XD Then I tried again with Piplup because Penguins are cool too.
CaraBanana
Kimono Bird

Post by CaraBanana »

I chose Bulbasaur (blue version)
I named him J.R. (still had a thing for Dallas)
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Sheexy wrote:In Diamond I chose Turtwig because it was a turtle. XD Then I tried again with Piplup because Penguins are cool too.
I forgot about those. I, too, have a Turtwig in Platinum.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

I dont remember, I think it was Charmander in Red
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

I started with Squirtle. Since then it's been a tradition of mine to always start with the water-type.
kirby
Dino Fish

Post by kirby »

I forget entirely. My first Pokemon game was either Gold or Silver. That and for some reason I keep thinking that my dat got erased and I think I chose Totodile, then Chikorita, and lastly Cyndaquil.

Weird thing was that unless I had someone else's pokemon in my party I could not beat the Elite Four in those games. It did not even matter what the pokemon was! But I could not beat them otherwise.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

kirby wrote:Weird thing was that unless I had someone else's pokemon in my party I could not beat the Elite Four in those games. It did not even matter what the pokemon was! But I could not beat them otherwise.
A pokémon's EVs reset when they are traded if I'm not mistaken. The traded pokémon would be weaker than one that you leveled yourself because of that. Unless you used the boosted experience to over level the traded pokémon I don't see how it helped.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Red, IIRC.

And on the subject...

Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Haha, awesome video Kassidy. Made me laugh cause I've said the exact same things before. XD
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Kassidy wrote:Red, IIRC.

And on the subject...

Seen it a while back and I agree with it.
Tekka
Emberman

Post by Tekka »

DeadWolf wrote:
kirby wrote:Weird thing was that unless I had someone else's pokemon in my party I could not beat the Elite Four in those games. It did not even matter what the pokemon was! But I could not beat them otherwise.
A pokémon's EVs reset when they are traded if I'm not mistaken. The traded pokémon would be weaker than one that you leveled yourself because of that. Unless you used the boosted experience to over level the traded pokémon I don't see how it helped.
The only thing that resets on trade is happiness, which doesn't exist in Red or Blue. So in all likelihood, he just really sucks at the game.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Tekka wrote:
DeadWolf wrote:
The only thing that resets on trade is happiness, which doesn't exist in Red or Blue. So in all likelihood, he just really sucks at the game.
You're right. He just let his friends do all the work for him.
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

I believe the first time I played Blue my choice was Squirtle, but every subsequent time I've played Red/Blue/Green/Fire Red/Leaf Green I choose Bulbasaur. I just always find the choice of good Grass Pokemon in the game lacking.