Pokémon Black and White

Everything from Apple to Zerglings

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Tekka
Emberman

Pokémon Black and White

Post by Tekka »

Animated battle sprites, adaptive battle environment, bigger cities, and lots of new critters to use, abuse, and adore!

I could barely wait before, but after seeing this video, I'm so excited I just can't keep it in!
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Re: Pokémon Black and White

Post by DeadWolf »

A pig? Really?
Tomoji
Evil Sword

Post by Tomoji »

the new starters suck but overall the game looks really good ;A;

I was thinking of not getting this game but now...I want it orz
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

I guess the game will be renamed when it arrives to the States to something less racist name. Black Diamond/White Gold?
Tekka
Emberman

Post by Tekka »

DeadWolf wrote:A pig? Really?
It's not so bad. All of the starters are quite cute in their own way. I like the pig, and it is quite cute, but I like the grass starter better. Now we just need to wait and see what kind of monstrosities they evolve into. :D
Deques wrote:I guess the game will be renamed when it arrives to the States to something less racist name. Black Diamond/White Gold?
I'm amazed by this non-issue of racism constantly being brought up. It's incredibly unlikely that it will be renamed, the biggest reason being that Black and White are not racist terms, and if there is an outcry about this when the games are released I'm going to lose another portion of the meagre respect for our species that I have left. Now, if they had called them Pokémon N****r and Cracker I could understand how renaming would be necessary.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

Despite not being rasict terms there are some gaming related that was considered to be rasict.

Ikaruga - Black and white
PSP - When white was made available
Othello? - I haven't heard anything it being controversial though :P

But lets not go off topic
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Fried chicken is an item only found in Black and you can't run in White.

Gen 1 is and always will be my favorite. Pokégods FTW.
Tekka
Emberman

Post by Tekka »

Deques wrote:But lets not go off topic
You've already taken us there. :P But don't be afraid of the natural evolution of a conversation though, there is precious little discussion to be had otherwise.
Deques wrote:Ikaruga - Black and white
This is actually a perfect example of how utterly ludicrous this viewpoint of "B&W = Racism" actually is. Any perfectly sane human being would notice this just by playing Ikaruga for less than a minute. It's laughable really! The only thing I can do is pray that whoever wrote that only did so in fun, because anybody that actually carries this viewpoint should be flogged, then dumped in the Arctic to die, so they can no longer spread their potentially contagious stupidity to the rest of the world.

And the ill conceived misconceptions of the ignorant few should not be cause to make changes to something so completely innocent.

The Sony ad campaign however, is very interesting. Is it racist? I'm sure many people a lot further immersed in the subject than I have debated about this already. It certainly does look like it could be a power struggle between races, but it could also just be about two individual people. I would hate to get embroiled into the argument of whether it's racist or not though, so I'll take the easy way out and just say "I don't know".

But ultimately, the Sony ad is a completely different kettle of fish, because while that focuses on people, both Ikaruga and Pokémon B&W focus solely on the shades as a means to identify one object from another, the connotations of racism simply don't come into it. Anybody that thinks they do, is an exceptionally sad individual indeed.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

I really do not like the starters much. The Grass one is okay, but he looks too similar to the lizard guy from the previous generation or so.

The animated battle sprites are kinda neat, dunno why they didn't do that sooner.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

I don't care for the starters much and I think I've had my fill of pokemon for a while. Despite this, the game looks pretty cool and I'm willing to give it a chance.
hawklise33
Ma Goblin

Post by hawklise33 »

i cant wait for black and white to come out :D
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Is it just me or does the female trainer look like Dawn/Hikari
Johnny26
Rabite

Post by Johnny26 »

Can't wait for it to be release
nick912012
Pebbler

Post by nick912012 »

I'm hoping for some buffs of my favorite pokemon, Kingler.

Marini
Zombie

Post by Marini »

I keep wondering if I should hop back into Pokémon. I haven't played since Crystal and every time a new release comes out I'm always tempted. But it's been so long and feel surprisingly overwhelming