Yet, Another Anime Thread (The Revivial)

Multimedia discussion fun for all!

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Since we have to start fresh yet again, I've decided to take the liberty into making a new one.

Anyways, for those of you who are unaware, Im STILL watching Eureka Seven, as well as Fate/Stay Night, and Magikano.
Magus_Melchior
Grave Bat

Post by Magus_Melchior »

I still rewatch E7 myself... although for me it's reruns. :P

I must've watched episode 26 a thousand times by now...

This season is a bit dry, but that's okay. Since the old forum is now nuclear waste, I'm watching Suzumiya Haruhi, Utwareru Mono, NANA, Bleach, School Rumble 2nd term, and Ah! My Goddess.

Later this year a Kanon remake is expected.
Last edited by Magus_Melchior on Tue May 23, 2006 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

I keep missing Eureka 7, I meant to watch it once Adult Swim began playing it, but stuff kept coming up. What's it like?

The only anime I've watched really are Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo (both are my favorites). I also watched Trigun, I prefer the manga though, and most of FMA, but I missed a lot of the ending parts, so when I saw the last episode I was really confused.

If ya'll need anything from the old forum regarding this topic just tell me, I'll see what I can snatch up.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Its best not to watch Eureka Seven in English...

While the acting is great, the voices do not fit the characters at all...

Yeah, Im still watching Eureka up to 37...up until 38 comes out.

Fate/Stay Night is already at 20, I thought the latest ep was pretty cool.

Magikano, I havent heard from in months...
Last edited by Duran on Tue May 23, 2006 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Magus_Melchior
Grave Bat

Post by Magus_Melchior »

Agreed on the "don't watch E7 dub". I'm rather disappointed in the VA selection; hardly any American actors can actually act, and yet the studios hire them time and again.
Makubesu
Blat

Post by Makubesu »

I need to watch Eureka 7 sometime, I've heard so many great things about it. I also want to check out Fate/Stay Night, but I'm holding out until I can get the licenced version, I loved watching Tsukihime in full DVD quality so much, I think it'll be worth it.

Right now I'm watching Rayearth, Ah My Goddess, Zeta Gundam, Suzumiya Haruhi, Ouran Host Club, and the second season fo Tsubasa Chronical.
Magus_Melchior
Grave Bat

Post by Magus_Melchior »

Makubesu wrote:I need to watch Eureka 7 sometime, I've heard so many great things about it. I also want to check out Fate/Stay Night, but I'm holding out until I can get the licenced version, I loved watching Tsukihime in full DVD quality so much, I think it'll be worth it.

Right now I'm watching Rayearth, Ah My Goddess, Zeta Gundam, Suzumiya Haruhi, Ouran Host Club, and the second season fo Tsubasa Chronical.
Yeah, most fansubs of E7 are going to be very noisy (in the video, that is-- a lot of bleeding in the base image due to the clock and info overlay from the studio), given the quality of the broadcast raws I had obtained. The DVD is definitely better (I'd "sampled" an R2 release of one episode), much cleaner and more detailed.

Which Z Gundam are you watching? The original or the movies?
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Magus_Melchior wrote:Agreed on the "don't watch E7 dub". I'm rather disappointed in the VA selection; hardly any American actors can actually act, and yet the studios hire them time and again.
In the defence of the studio that dubbed E7: They have very good actors. The problem was casting, as they cast good actors for the wrong roles in the case of E7.
Last edited by Duran on Wed May 24, 2006 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Magus_Melchior
Grave Bat

Post by Magus_Melchior »

Well, that and the American studios rarely edit the video or translate in such a way that all the syllables flow as smoothly as they do in the original. Renton's "Don't beg for it, take it (?). Otherwiseyouwon'tgetanything!" line in episode 2 is an example of this sort of "compression".
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Its wordfitting, mostly...

But they could have made that line better...
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

The only anime from the last watch-list in the old forum I watch is One Piece. Its my number one anime. I quit watching Bleach a few weeks ago, since its a crappy filler arc now. That goes for Naruto too, just crappy filler episodes.

New to addition:
Zegapain
its pretty nice mecha anime, too bad the fansubber is slow.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Kinda like Nanashi Fansubs (the guys who do Eureka Seven). Im still waiting for 38.

Oh, it turns out, that Magikano is only 13 eps. I'll let you all know how it is after I watch it.
Makubesu
Blat

Post by Makubesu »

Magus_Melchior wrote:

Which Z Gundam are you watching? The original or the movies?
Both! I can't wait until the third movie comes out.
Last edited by Makubesu on Sat May 27, 2006 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magus_Melchior
Grave Bat

Post by Magus_Melchior »

Speaking of Gundam, it looks like Bandai can't let go of Cosmic Era. A new series is expected later this year (CE 73 Stargazer), a sort of 0080/0083-like setup as they're doing something in the same timeframe as the "canon" sequel. Thankfully they've chucked most of the old staff (though the character designs weren't that bad, just over-recycled). It looks like they're going with an actual screenwriter (it seems like they've been winging it last year) and a new director.
There's at least one new mech called (surprise) the Stargazer, and the Strike, Duel, and Buster (albeit replicas) return with major upgrades.
There's going to be a completely new score, as well-- the music composer is the same lady who did Uta~Kata's soundtrack.

Now if they can get a restraining order on the old director's wife, and focus on the production without listening to the fans, this one should turn out okay.

I'll be happy if the original cast of characters don't show up except in cameos...

In other news, Honey and Clover appears to be getting a second season. W00t.

Toei Animation has created an anime-styled "sequel" of the Powerpuff Girls o.O;
Last edited by Magus_Melchior on Mon May 29, 2006 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka »

I've still got a load of anime to watch. I have some complete series, including all DVD's of Dragonball, Dragonball Z and Dragonball GT.