Anime Thread 2.0

Multimedia discussion fun for all!

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Magus_Melchior
Grave Bat

Post by Magus_Melchior » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:05 pm

Well, WoW was released in November 2004... maybe that's why?

I've been hammering out scene ideas for a possible SD3 animation, but that's been on the back burner for a while now.

Danny

Post by Danny » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:59 am

A anime of SoM, SD3 and SwoM would be awesome, but I've been thinking mostly of a ToP manga and anime. It seems like a great long game that would make a pretty good anime/manga.

DBZ games: Well almost every systems has some, but I like the snes ones and the gens one the most. I heard theres a lot of Gundam games out there too, but I only have one fighting Gundam Wing game for snes as a rom. Well all of my snes and gens games are roms, but my GBA games are all real from the store (2 different Fire Emblem games and SwoM).

Elazul
BuzzBee

Post by Elazul » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:59 pm

Danny wrote:That's great to hear, if you want to see my topic it's this:

viewtopic.php?id=277

I still need to update it with some of my enemy sketches and I will do so when school and the exams are over and I can draw again and join a site to post my drawings here. Sheexy helped me post my drawings and Kassidy also helped me post my SwoM manuel scan through the gallery.

I might post more of my manga and other drawings, scans and pictures in the future so I should join a image posting site which I will. Sheexy and Marini said that Deviant Art is a good site so I'll go for that one. I've seen it before and it's good for uploading pics.

This is good for the sketches enemy/boss sketches that I'm going to update my manga with and for the new one I'm working on that's my own original ideas which might not be as good since most or all of the best ideas have already been used in game, mangas and animes. ^-^; I'll still try though, I think it will come out good. Most of my ideas that I've used in school projects were good and got a high mark and we all know how hard they judge us in high school! Then there's university I'll have to face, all's good.

I've also seen some great DBZ games/roms for snes and one for gens. I have them all and there pretty good, well most of them anyways. There's also a Record of the Lodoss War game/rom for snes which is an rpg and is awesome. Too bad it's in Japanese only. There is an English patch, but it's only for the main dialoge (90% complete). It causes the game to freeze up though and it won't translate anything if you use save state, which I don't anyways. They might finish it, but they may also not since they last updated it in 2005.

What is it with 2005? Most game site have their last update in 2005 like Shogo-mad and I am talking about another board, IoI :D. Thank the Mana Goddess that the seikens is still up and running. It's the best site there is and the only one that I'm a member of.:)
You are skilled! They are pretty good sketches, congratulations! :P

Yeah, a anime of SoM, SD3 or SwoM would be interesting, but what I really want is a LoM animation. I would love to see the beautiful and colorful world of LoM animated.

EDIT: They already made a ToP anime. Its is a OVA (4 episodes).
Last edited by Elazul on Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danny

Post by Danny » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:46 am

Elazul wrote:EDIT: They already made a ToP anime. Its is a OVA (4 episodes).
I've heard of it, but I never saw it. I will when I can find it, but I've not have had any luck so far. Since it's summer and the exams for school are almost over, I can search more on the web and find it unless you already know the site and can tell me by posting the link here.

What I meant was that I wish ToP was made into a real long anime like DBZ, Saint Seiya and Record of the Lodoss War. There's a OVA for CT too that I saw long ago. It was an episode about a Mystic Parade like the ones the Humans had in 1000 AD (Crono's time). I wonder if I still have it, I'll have to check.

Elazul
BuzzBee

Post by Elazul » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:18 am

I agree. It should be better if they make it more longer, the OVA was a bit rushed to me. :]

Well, the OVA was licensed, then is a bit hard to find it. I have two sites that have it in lower quality(rmvb), but I didn't tested the links and can't guarantee that they're working. I can post here if its not forbidden.

Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:28 am

I'm afraid that if the series has been licensed then it can't be posted on the board. Sorry.

Danny

Post by Danny » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:14 am

Darn, well I understand and it's not that big of a problem since I can search for it on the web or be told through email. I can't really remember, but I think there was some short one episode OVA for SoM or SD3... maybe it was for another game like Illusion of Gaia? I'll have to check that out too when I can.
Last edited by Danny on Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:32 am

Only SoM animation I am aware of is the German TV spot for the game.

Noblewine
Iffish

Post by Noblewine » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:34 pm

I'm watching....

Digimon
Pokemon: Diamond and Pearl
Death Note
Bleach
Inuyasha
Shinchan

Magus_Melchior
Grave Bat

Post by Magus_Melchior » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:16 am

The summer season is starting, and there aren't many series out there that catch my eye (which, considering I'm probably gonna reduce my consumption, works with my plans).

That said, I'll grab the following series (there are a few series from last season that are ongoing):

School Days - At first glance, it seemed like a harem anime, but it looks like one with a very different premise: the guy gets paired up at the beginning of the series, akin to Kare Kano.
Code E - Looking to be a hilarious take on sci-fi, this one's about a girl who can mess up electronic devices-- a forced Luddite, if you would.

In the course of looking for ToP DVDs, I just learned that Haruhi might get another season. There goes what's left of my sanity.
Danny wrote:What I meant was that I wish ToP was made into a real long anime like DBZ, Saint Seiya and Record of the Lodoss War. There's a OVA for CT too that I saw long ago. It was an episode about a Mystic Parade like the ones the Humans had in 1000 AD (Crono's time). I wonder if I still have it, I'll have to check.
Unfortunately, few studios nowadays have the time, patience, or resources to do a long series of good quality. A 13-episode ToE side story was aired a couple of years ago, and the general quality was nothing to write home about. I'm thinking they wanted a production any fan of ToP would enjoy, but didn't have the budget to do a full-blown TV series (the OVA was pretty good production-wise, although the story suffered a bit because of the decision to do relatively small segments).

Here are some links to vendors for the first ToP DVD.
Last edited by Magus_Melchior on Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Danny

Post by Danny » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:18 am

Thanks for posting the link to the ToP DVD! I find it ironic that ToP is one or thee longest and best rpg for snes with tons of fans yet the OVA anime of it is super short. I wonder how they could have made a short OVA of it when not even the ending would seem to fit in.

Ah, this summer I'm going to buy and download tons of animes! Gundam Wing/Seed/Destiny, DB/Z, Record of the Lodoss War, Ranma, Saint Seiya, Fullmetal Alchemist, etc. Awesome, I can't wait! The animes, the mangas, the late night video gaming!

The J Person
Grave Bat

Post by The J Person » Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:53 am

Apparently there's a Tales of Symphonia anime, as well - I've tracked down the intro and ending music from it on my own. I'd be interested in watching that; if anyone gets any info on it, DVD or not, I'd like to know about it. I just found out that one of my friends has seen the first episode of it already, so I'm more than a little jealous. ^-^;

I really need to find more anime to watch, too. I was told I'd be recieving an anime "care package" awhile back, but it seems the summer heat has kept it with the people who put it together for me. ???

Magus_Melchior
Grave Bat

Post by Magus_Melchior » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:50 pm

Danny wrote:Thanks for posting the link to the ToP DVD! I find it ironic that ToP is one or thee longest and best rpg for snes with tons of fans yet the OVA anime of it is super short. I wonder how they could have made a short OVA of it when not even the ending would seem to fit in.

Ah, this summer I'm going to buy and download tons of animes! Gundam Wing/Seed/Destiny, DB/Z, Record of the Lodoss War, Ranma, Saint Seiya, Fullmetal Alchemist, etc. Awesome, I can't wait! The animes, the mangas, the late night video gaming!
Dude, do yourself a favor and avoid Gundam SEED Destiny. It really is a lame excuse to sell overpriced assembly-required toys.

That last sentence is so Konata (Lucky Star-- Danny got my spelling gaffe in return).
Last edited by Magus_Melchior on Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danny

Post by Danny » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:53 pm

I think there was a OVA of Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia and Terranigma. I remember seeing some characters for sure somewhere in a OVA. I least I think, I can't really remember right now.

They really do talk to much in Gundam Seed Destiny. If a guy tryed to shoot me with a lazer beam, I wouldn't talk to him for half an hour! I would blast him for trying to shoot me down! Everything is just another escuse to talk for the entire espisode. There are even one where they talk non-stop for the entire espisode with no fighting!

Haha! You get me coping Lucky Star there! Konata Izumi is pretty cute liking anime and video games. Most guys would love to have a girlfriend like that and I can't say that I wouldn't either. It's good that's she's also active, but her low grades and laziness is kind of bad for a girl. Can't copy guys too much! I never really got to see Lucky Star, only a little.

The only model toys/figures I have are from ToP, DBZ and Gundam Wing. Although I like Gundam Seed too, I will only keep my Gundam Wing ones since I like that anime more. If I get the Gundam Seed figures I'll just hear non-stop talking for the entire night each time I take a look at them!

My sister has a lot more figures then me for various girly animes which I don't really know about. My sister has much more figures then me from tons of games and animes such as Phantsay Star, Love Hina and many others. We're going to get a lot more at the Anime North convention this summer. I know more fighting ones though that have a great story! I won't bother listing them again since I already did like three times already.
Last edited by Danny on Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anon
Kimono Bird

Post by Anon » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:43 pm

Devil May Cry is now an Anime

Dante is still eating like a PMSing Woman

He also inherits a lovely little girl to add some Pink to his shop.

Special guests will include Lady (Dmc3) Trish (DMC1)