The Suck...I Embrace It.

Introduce yourself here! Farewells and returns find their home here also. Post counts do not increase here, so feel free to prolong your warm welcomes!
rrfish
Kimono Bird

Post by rrfish »

8P Well everyone, I'm here again, but of course only for a very short while. Japan is wonderful, but I find myself spending most of my life somewhere in the middle of the ocean. I have missed you all, and I think of this board often.

Craziness aside, I am hoping to try to become a regular again, but internet connections and oceans that are far far away kind of enjoy arguing with one another. There is usually the flipping of fingers and time outs that end the arguing in bitter abrupt fashions...but the best we can with what little we have I suppose.

As a note, I beat Secret of Mana again while I was underway, so I do get my regular SoM fixes out here.

Blessings,

RRFish
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

RRFish sensed people talking about him so he had to show up again :P

You gotta get the Secret of Mana Hard patch! I'm sure you'd enjoy it a lot! (Haven't played myself, but it sounds pretty neat) We have a thread for it somewhere here.

Hope everything is going well! See you when you can be more active!
Danny

Post by Danny »

Hey RRFish, long time no see! Hope it's going good for you in Japan. Did you try any sushi yet? XD
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Hi, hi. Never met you, but glad to see you around for a bit.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Welcome back on board! Was wondering where you'd gotten to. Good to see you're still about and things are going well.
emry
Lullabud

Post by emry »

Believe me, I understand the feeling. ;/
With the water also comes a lack of privacy, a lack of access to most things concidered email like (although forums are generaly "safe", they require bandwidth)... internet connections so slow that half of what you are trying to access gives up on you before it loads...

Much of the internet thrives on session cookies.... ;/ I don't know how many times I have had sessions time out, just trying to load a page that was mostly text...

I also understand it from the unique perspective of an RP... On a ship, we monitor the computers that people with out rank use to get onto the internet... Guess what that does to our chances to actually use said machines ourselves... It is a cruel irony.

=(

Then.... On top of all that.... the time when an RP generaly does actually have the chance to get on the web... (Random Popup from our friends downstairs... paraphrased of course) "Web access will be restricted from 2300 to 0300 while processing email backlog."
rrfish
Kimono Bird

Post by rrfish »

Yeah...I'm convinced that when we hit "River City" and only Khaki's can use the internet, it was called because some officer was tired of not being to "surf" the web. I can usually get to a computer but bandwidth is the suck and I am usually not able to get a decent connection. Most of the time I am barely able to update my own website.

BTW- I got your PM.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Nice to see you again RRFish...

...maybe you should pick up a DS and try its seiken games...
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Heh, even though Children is every bit a hack-and-slash as the definition implies.
emry
Lullabud

Post by emry »

Hehehe. At river city, the "Khaki's" that can use the internet are called the PAO and the CO... But still, you could be right. ;P