Introduce yourself here! Farewells and returns find their home here also. Post counts do not increase here, so feel free to prolong your warm welcomes!
LunarWisp
Iffish

Post by LunarWisp »

I'm pretty much just a generic member who happens to have recently joined. I've been lurking around this site for quite a while, since it seems to be the only Mana fansite that's actually taken seriously. I never bothered to join until now, though. If it matters, you probably won't see me posting much. I might crawl around here regularly and such, though.

I'm really quite a new Mana fan. About a year ago I downloaded Secret of Mana on the Wii's Virtual Console. It's now one of my favorite games ever. I went on to play Final Fantasy Adventure, Seiken Densetsu 3, and Children of Mana. Children of Mana was actually pretty fun unlike what most people say, but yes, I can see the decline in the series. Aside from Mana, I'm also a fan of Final Fantasy, Mario, Kirby, and Earthbound, primarily.

I might not get around to posting too often, but I like this forum's style; the skin is easy on the eyes, I feared that this site would just have a generic InvisionFree board or something. I'll stick around for a while and see what you lot do around here.
Delvar
Crawler

Post by Delvar »

Hey, nice to see another new member! Welcome!

I like Children of Mana as well, despite it being frustrating sometimes It's not completely awful like some people have felt. Although, I also agree that there is an obvious decline in the series :(
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

The Hooded Man wrote:I've been lurking around this site for quite a while, since it seems to be the only Mana fansite that's actually taken seriously.
Are there any others beside us that are actually active anymore? I think the rest of them stopped doing anything years ago.
But I've still got a lot of work to do before I get this site to where I want it to be, gonna be active for a looong time. XD (especially if I never get over my laziness and tendency to procrastinate)
The Hooded Man wrote:I might not get around to posting too often, but I like this forum's style; the skin is easy on the eyes, I feared that this site would just have a generic InvisionFree board or something. I'll stick around for a while and see what you lot do around here.
Good to hear the skin is nice, you can look around in your profile settings at some of the other ones we have too.
Most of the other ones I made are pretty terrible and gimmicky, but some people liked them.

Anyways, definitely try out Legend of Mana sometime so you can round out all the classic games in the series, it's pretty different from all the others but it's still definitely got the Mana feel to it.

Hope to see you around the board sometimes!
Tekka
Emberman

Post by Tekka »

Velcome.
Abdul_Moti
Specter

Post by Abdul_Moti »

Welcome aboard on board, comrade. I am known as Abdul_Moti. I'll be happy to help as much as I can. Please make yourself at home.

At first I was curious because this thread you made is only '...' and I didn't see it this morning (my time is GMT+7). That is interesting.

Perhaps Duran will be here soon and ask for roast rabite so you'll be given a chocochip cookie. My advice, give him so he'll be happy.
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

Hi there hooded one! Can I call you Chobin Hood? Welcome to Seikens :D

Yes, do try Legend Of Mana. It's one of the best games in the Mana franchise.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Welcome to The Seikens.
LunarWisp
Iffish

Post by LunarWisp »

Are there any others beside us that are actually active anymore? I think the rest of them stopped doing anything years ago.
But I've still got a lot of work to do before I get this site to where I want it to be, gonna be active for a looong time. XD (especially if I never get over my laziness and tendency to procrastinate)
No, I think most siteowners have just lost faith in the series, giving them no reason to maintain their sites. Wiki of Mana and Secret of Mana Theater are active on rare occasions, but Seikens currently seems to be miles ahead of those two.
Anyways, definitely try out Legend of Mana sometime so you can round out all the classic games in the series, it's pretty different from all the others but it's still definitely got the Mana feel to it.
Legend of Mana isn't within my range of purchase since I don't own any non-Nintendo systems. No, I'm not a Nintendo fanboy, I just haven't gotten around to buying any other systems. It does look lovely though, and I think I'd particularly enjoy it because I don't care too much for storylines in a game.
Hi there hooded one! Can I call you Chobin Hood? Welcome to Seikens
Ech, call me whatever you so desire. I really only go under this name because I can never think of any decent names.
...Chobin Hoods are adorable, though.
At first I was curious because this thread you made is only '...' and I didn't see it this morning (my time is GMT+7). That is interesting.
Eh heh. I apologize. I just wanted to avoid the generic "Hi, I'm new here!" topic title.

And, hello and thank you to those who I have not yet replied to.
Tekka
Emberman

Post by Tekka »

The Hooded Man wrote:
No, I think most siteowners have just lost faith in the series, giving them no reason to maintain their sites. Wiki of Mana and Secret of Mana Theater are active on rare occasions, but Seikens currently seems to be miles ahead of those two.
There is precious little Seiken Densetsu discussion to be had anywhere, and I've found it a little disheartening. It was cool when I first joined up, as there was Koeia who I had some good SD talks with, and a few others that would talk about it with me on Skype. But then everyone on Skype stopped talking and now it's so lonely, and all my enthusiasm has gone to waste. T_T On the plus side I have gotten some writing and retail enjoyment out of my renewed interest.

Sorry, rambling again.
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

Well, there isn't all that much to discuss anymore about the Mana games that hasn't been discussed already. The next move is up to Squeenix.
Tekka
Emberman

Post by Tekka »

New blood would also certainly go a long way to helping out. When the people are new even the old topics can become fresh, and the greybeards can let us all know how wrong we are.

Sadly back when these games were at their most popular I wasn't really a social creature of the internet. Though I've tried to get my friends interested SOM and SD3, it hasn't really taken off because they're more into their shiny new fangled xboxes. I seem to be the only one left of my circle of friends that even still likes nintendo. ¬_¬ Har.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

The Hooded Man wrote:Legend of Mana isn't within my range of purchase since I don't own any non-Nintendo systems. No, I'm not a Nintendo fanboy, I just haven't gotten around to buying any other systems.
Just follow my lead and steal a Playstation and a copy of Legend of Mana from someone else. :D

Anyways I'm up for any big Seiken Densetsu talks that can happen, I just haven't made any lately cause I've been busy with school and/or working on getting new content on the main page.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

The Hooded Man wrote:Legend of Mana isn't within my range of purchase since I don't own any non-Nintendo systems. No, I'm not a Nintendo fanboy, I just haven't gotten around to buying any other systems.
LoM is about 50% cheaper now than when I bought my copy. I guess the whole not having a PSX thing messes it up. You can legally play any PSX games on your PC.
LunarWisp
Iffish

Post by LunarWisp »

Sheexy wrote:Just follow my lead and steal a Playstation and a copy of Legend of Mana from someone else. :D
Way ahead of you. My neighbors have one, but the bloody people never leave their house. So I intend to scare them out of their house by lighting their furniture aflame.
Tekka wrote:There is precious little Seiken Densetsu discussion to be had anywhere, and I've found it a little disheartening. It was cool when I first joined up, as there was Koeia who I had some good SD talks with, and a few others that would talk about it with me on Skype. But then everyone on Skype stopped talking and now it's so lonely, and all my enthusiasm has gone to waste.
Seiken Densetsu is really more popular in Japan right now since that country seems to be more enthusiastic about RPGs. It's not exactly a best-selling franchise here in America, which probably explains its small fanbase.
Tekka
Emberman

Post by Tekka »

The Hooded Man wrote:Seiken Densetsu is really more popular in Japan right now since that country seems to be more enthusiastic about RPGs. It's not exactly a best-selling franchise here in America, which probably explains its small fanbase.
That's kind of a given really, considering the game's origin... But the japanese fanbase isn't really of any use to me since I can barely comprehend what they say at the best of times.

There are countless numbers of Japanese fan-fiction pieces and discussion boards that I would love to take a look through if only I could read them properly.

Though the fan artists of course, are very useful, the remixers and the odd video author as well. I do love them so... 1,248 files and growing!