Hello!

Introduce yourself here! Farewells and returns find their home here also. Post counts do not increase here, so feel free to prolong your warm welcomes!
martel
Rabite

Hello!

Post by martel »

Why, hello there everyone. I have named myself Martel and I am the spirit of the mana tree. Just kidding. My DOB is 9/4/92 and I really hate creative writing. I hope to eventually become the worlds' most knowledleable person on explosives. Other than that I own Dawn, Secret, and Sword of the 'Mana' series, can someone tell me how to play SD3 on an American made console? I hope we can all become friends.

Other than that I heard that my mentor was wandering around here and I came to see if that was true.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Re: Hello!

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Hey Martel, welcome to the boards! Hope you enjoy it here.

In order to play SD3 on an American SNES there are some tabs you can cut on the inside of your SNES that will allow the cartridge to fit. But if you don't want to damage your SNES you'll have to buy something called a "translator" which is like a big extender and lets different shaped carts fit.
martel
Rabite

Post by martel »

This information helps a lot I think this will help Kirby too but I think that he forgot to ask. Hopefully it is the same way with Terranigma also because that will help extraordinarily.
kirby
Dino Fish

Post by kirby »

I'm sorry to ask this but do I know you? You seem veeeeery familiar to me a little too familiar.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Good luck pursuing explosives. Just don't end up like Arzt from Lost.
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

Hi Martel! Welcome to Seikens :D
Ailise
Site Admin

Post by Ailise »

Welcome to Seikens
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Welcome to Seikens!

As your initiation, you must present the member known as Duran with an offering of roast rabite.
Sheexy wrote:But if you don't want to damage your SNES you'll have to buy something called a "translator" which is like a big extender and lets different shaped carts fit.
I think you mean "Converter," bro.

Translators only work with languages, methinks
Abdul_Moti
Specter

Post by Abdul_Moti »

Welcome aboard on board, comrade. Know that I am Abdul_Moti who pleased to see you.
NightshadeTea
Tomato Man

Post by NightshadeTea »

Yoyo, welcome to the board! Good luck with your quest for SD3. I can assure you it's worth it. :3
martel
Rabite

Post by martel »

Thank you all! I am sorry that I was not on over the weekend but as usual I was eating, sleeping, going to church, practicing my nunchucks, and trying to make my younger sister who is an introvert of a christian to repent and become closer to God. That and I live out in the middle of nowhere and I do not have Internet at home.

Also, I forgot to ask if the what you said to do on the Snes, does that same setup work with one of the new SNES/NES combo systems they now have? Or do you have to do something else on it then to get it to work?

I am having a really hard time wording what exactly I am trying to say right now. That and if you do not mind me asking what are the proper names of the converters and translators so I can easily find them.
Last edited by martel on Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Hmm, I dunno anything about the new SNES/NES combo things, but it might be the case that they won't have to be modified at all.

Nintendo only did the little tabs to stop foreign games so that people wouldn't import stuff and would wait for it to get released in their country. The newer combo releases aren't by Nintendo so it's possible that they wouldn't have bothered to block any games from being used.

I got the translator name wrong, but that's what my friend called it.

If you go to eBay and search for "SNES Converter Adapter" you shouldn't have a problem finding something.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

I take it that you have a Yobo FC Twin (I don't think Retro makes a twin system and the others are hard to find or expensive).
While the FC Twin is Super Famicom compatible, two plastic tabs in the cartridge slot prevent them from fitting. These tabs must be removed- or otherwise worked around- to play Super Famicom titles. Similar tabs are used in the American Super NES. PAL games work just fine.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Twin_Video_Game_System

Looks like you're good if you break the tabs.