Either I shouldn't bother...

Introduce yourself here! Farewells and returns find their home here also. Post counts do not increase here, so feel free to prolong your warm welcomes!
NightshadeTea
Tomato Man

Either I shouldn't bother...

Post by NightshadeTea »

...or this is grotesquely overdue.

Hiatus. Yes. Me. It feels weird posting a hiatus thread on a forum that isn't RP-based, but whatever. I know I haven't really been that active lately and I'm going to be even less so these coming weeks. This Friday I have an exam in Physics, next Thursday I have my Lab final exam in Cell Biology, then the following week contains three consecutive days of final exams for Cell Biology, Human Physiology and Physics. During this time I'm still applying for jobs left and right, but still studying all the time because I have to get my GPA up after the fall it took these last 2 semesters. I have an abundance of tired. I'm even too tired to rant about what a s**t teacher I have for Physics. (The class average is around 65% LOOOOOOL )

So um, yeah. I don't know what I or my activity are going to be like. I don't even know if anyone even cares, but here's this, and that it that.

Here, watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehKGlT2EW1Q&NR=1
It's far more entertaining than I am.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Re: Either I shouldn't bother...

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Good luck on the finals! See you when things are less hectic, hope everything goes well!

Thanks for the Monty Python. :P
Faalstar
Site Admin

Post by Faalstar »

Hi NST
Missed you.
Abdul_Moti
Specter

Post by Abdul_Moti »

May His guidance be with you, comrade.
Nedliv
Lullabud

Post by Nedliv »

so, Good Luck, Darky!!!

Anise
Metal Crawler

Post by Anise »

Good luck on all your tests and such~

Atleast you have an excuse for being gone : D *is just a slacker*
NightshadeTea
Tomato Man

Post by NightshadeTea »

Thank you everyone for your kind words. Even though my last exam is tomorrow, I'm just done studying. My most stressful exam is, of course, the last one... but it's officially over tomorrow! Well, for this semester, at least. :P Still, I am pleased. I am expecting good scores for Cell Bio and Human Understanding... I just have to get through this damned physics class.

Faalstar: Yanno, it cracks me up when people abbreviate my username NST, because the first thing that come to mind is "Northern Southern Time".

Nediv: Haha, nice pic. thank you!
(Also, I'm not sure if you're familiar with certain slang, but be careful with using the term "Darky", especially if there is an American Black present.) :P

Anise: I absolutely adore your new avatar. Like, seriously.

TL;DR version (this may be a little convoluted as I am burnt out on top of being a touch under the weather):
Studying for my physics class has proven to be nothing more than a test on how well I can keep my blood pressure down. There are times when I think I can taste blood. He puts these practice exams up online which, on the surface, look like the material we've covered, but when going over the worked out solutions he throws in all of this stuff I swear he never went over. God, this man infuriates me. Studying for this class isn't studying, it's actually learning all the material he THINKS he taught us during class. He skips so many steps when he's teaching new material, mutters so we can't understand him, his hand writing is unreadable and when he writes on the board he writes DIRECTLY IN FRONT of his big, fat body. So by the time he's moved out of the way, that means he's busy muttering and rushing through the next concept while we're scrambling to write down what we can now see.
And then he decides that we need some humor sometimes, so he regales us with epic levels of unfunny. He usually does this during exam reviews (when we get our tests back and he explains to us what we've done wrong). The class sits and stares, bored and frustrated because we paid to be taught, and we're trying to understand the subject and he's wasting time laughing at his own "jokes". And usually the jokes lead to more tangents! He takes forever getting back to the subject (it is not uncommon for a problem he's working through to sit half finished for about 5 minutes as he dicks around). I can literally feel my chest tightening as I restrain myself from landing a mighty Kung Fu kick to his temple. And on the rare times he is actually funny and the class laughs? He cuts off our laughter by explaining the punchline. On the rare occasion that this class isn't miserable, he makes and effort to ruin it. It's like he's trying to make us hate him.
Oh, and those tangents? One of his favorite tangents is talking about how great he is. He just loves letting us know how he never had any problems in any of HIS physics or math classes and how no one else in this school (including us, うはwwwwww!) are as good as him at this subject. He is also quite liberal in informing us that there are some people who just shouldn't even bother trying because their scores are so bad. He never gives names or any indication of any individuals, but that's still a sh*tty thing to do.
Oh God, and the listening problem. EVERY time someone asks a question, it has to be repeated at least once (on average he needs it repeated twice). Then we're lucky if he gives us a relevant answer. He doesn't point at the board to try to make sure he's aware of where the question resides in what he's just written, and starts blathering on about whatever he thinks he heard. He also tends to give complicated answers as we couldn't POSSIBLY have ANY questions about the simple concepts that he totally did not fail to explain to us. lawl.
Every exam we've had in this class has been multiple choice. Easy to grade, right? When he returns it to us, he returns in in one giant unalphabetized stack that we have to sift through, wasting what little time we have in our 50 minute lectures for him to explain the answers for the exams. Seriously? Is it that hard to alphabetize the tests? It's not like he's sooo busy grading anything else. Everything else is done online, so he just takes the scores the computer tells him we got and bases that percentage of our grade on that.
AND you guys have NO IDEA how much this guy has to curve the exam scores. NO IDEA. And even with this insanely steep grading curve, he still drops the lowest test score.
This entire class have served as little more than a reminder of what an angry, bitter person I am... then pushed my anger to the limit. About half of my tiredness this semester has come from becoming burnt out because of how angry this teacher makes me. Yes. Worn out from pure anger.

I don't care how long I've been out of work: when that exam is over tomorrow, I'm buying myself a steak sandwich, because I **** deserve it.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

NightshadeTea wrote:I'm even too tired to rant about what a s**t teacher I have for Physics. (The class average is around 65% LOOOOOOL )
Sounds like Calculus last semester. The whole grade was based off of 4 test and a final. I felt 100% positive I knew how to differentiate/integrate/other calc **** before each test. Come test time I felt like an idiot. He would put these insane problems on the test that required knowledge of some **** trick that we didn't learn in class. The professor sent an email out after test 2 that if you scored below a 60 that you should drop the class. Blackboard showed a class average of 66 on that test. I'm usually against blaming the teacher but we had around 30 people in that class and those odds do not lie.

I'm pretty sure most everyone failed that classes judging by the average test scores shown on Blackboard (5 credits well spent). Hopefully your professor isn't a jerk like mine and at least give you a curve.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Wow, he doesn't have TAs to do the grading and sorting stuff for him? You'd think a guy that full of himself would be all over the chance to have some students that have to follow his orders.

Also, re: hard classes. I had a class that started with like 12 people in it, and after the first exam the teacher said if you failed you should drop. At the end of the year we had 8 students, 4 passed with A's, 4 failed and didn't get credit.
The teacher in that class is retired and pretty much gets to do whatever he wants, it was an awesome class.

Do you ever use one of those professor checking sites to look at people before you pick them? PIck a Prof I think might make you pay, but there are some others. I was always too lazy to check but I always heard other people talking about being glad they used it.
Abdul_Moti
Specter

Post by Abdul_Moti »

Hard work deserves hard reward, for you are aiming at a hard target.
I can hardly not to support you from here, and I hardly don't do it as hard as I can.
(this means I support you from here. Best of luck, sitcon or situation and condition upon you, comrade.)

Concern not the result, for your potence can be hardly seen by doing so.
NightshadeTea
Tomato Man

Post by NightshadeTea »

So remember who I said I'd be back now? Yeah. I am a filthy liar. I am working an event this weekend and will not even have access to a computer until Monday evening... so on top of being extremely scattered and doing very little posting despite being done with school, I will be gone again wee! 8D kekeke
Faalstar
Site Admin

Post by Faalstar »

k bai NST