I'm BAAAAAAACK! (well as best as I can be...)

Introduce yourself here! Farewells and returns find their home here also. Post counts do not increase here, so feel free to prolong your warm welcomes!
rrfish
Kimono Bird
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:27 am
Location: Sasebo, Japan
Contact:

Post by rrfish » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:18 pm

I'm back! Well as back as I can be. The ship I am attached to is very busy and sees a lot of water, so I will check in as much as I can. Just wanted to write and let you all know that I have made it safely to Japan. :)

BTW- The site looks so different...so...good!!

Danny

Post by Danny » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:46 am

Whoa, your finally back RRFish! We were asking where and how you've been doing. It's nice to have you back. How was Japan? Anyways, welcome back I hope to see your SoM jornal again, it was awesome!^_^

User avatar
Kassidy
Site Admin
Posts: 2975
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 9:59 am
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Post by Kassidy » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:15 am

Hey Rev! Glad to see back round here, was wondering when you'd be back. Stay in touch, mate.

rrfish
Kimono Bird
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:27 am
Location: Sasebo, Japan
Contact:

Post by rrfish » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:30 pm

Danny- Japan is nice so far. Very beautiful. I am now stationed out of the little rural town of Sasebo. It is absolutely gorgeous so far. My wife and I got here just recently (arrived on the 4th) and we have three more years to go. It still hasn't quite hit us that we are living in Japan.

Kassidy- It is great to be back. I will stay in touch as much as possible. As I have learned the ship is very very busy, so I will be seeing a lot of sea time.

User avatar
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin
Posts: 3847
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 8:49 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by Dr. Sheexy » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:09 am

rrfish wrote:It still hasn't quite hit us that we are living in Japan.
Man, it doesn't hit you for the longest time. It didn't really hit me until a couple of days before I returned. Just got back yesterday, that flight is killer. Did you take the boat over?

Had any crazy Japan adventures yet?

Good to see you back around man!

User avatar
Kassidy
Site Admin
Posts: 2975
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 9:59 am
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Post by Kassidy » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:42 am

Welcome back to Sheexy too then. ;)

User avatar
manaman
Spikey Tiger
Posts: 1649
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:06 pm
Contact:

Post by manaman » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:02 am

Yay,

Welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, welcome, WELCOME!

Welcome,

manaman

rrfish
Kimono Bird
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:27 am
Location: Sasebo, Japan
Contact:

Post by rrfish » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:25 am

Sheexy wrote:
rrfish wrote:It still hasn't quite hit us that we are living in Japan.
Man, it doesn't hit you for the longest time. It didn't really hit me until a couple of days before I returned. Just got back yesterday, that flight is killer. Did you take the boat over?

Had any crazy Japan adventures yet?

Good to see you back around man!
Nope, we flew. That is one crazy flight, but I stayed up the 36+ hours it took and beat the jet lag. :)

We haven't had any crazy adventures yet, but I am moving out in town so I am certain I will have plenty of crazy adventures in that alone. Also my wife and I are strongly considering adopting a child while we are here.

Again, good to be back. :-D

Danny

Post by Danny » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:59 am

Adopting a child is something you have you be have to be very carful about. Different cultures might be that you may not get along with him or her so well. I also think that having your own child from your own flesh and blood is better. The whole point of having children in to speard your DNA.

You can't do that if you adopt one, but it's your choice. I'm just quoting the laws of nature off the web and T.V. It was a very interesting show that opened my eyes. The best mate gives the best child, true enough! They said that not only should you get along good with them, but your DNA must also be compatible. Another reason I'm agaist interacial coupling. Most people aren't really careful enough for that.

rrfish
Kimono Bird
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:27 am
Location: Sasebo, Japan
Contact:

Post by rrfish » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:40 am

But Danny, I have a child of my own. And I plan to have more. Beyond the naturalism of having child -the science of it all- what about the humanity? How much more does it mean if I can take in a child who has nothing and give them everything that I have? Show them love that their parents -in one way or another- were unable to give? For me there is much honor to be found in this approach. :-)

Danny

Post by Danny » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:21 am

Well thing of it this way. Instead of raising more children of your own flesh and blood (DNA), your raising some one elses. If you really want to help them you can donate some money to their shelter.

An orphan has not always had their parents dead. A lot of them were either abonded or sold in 3rd world countries. They have a lot of children and can't take care of them or don't want them so they either sell or give them away. It's also proven that 3rd world children can't learn as well as 1st world children and therefore are less intelligent.

They may be a tad stronger (raw strengh), but without any martial arts or strategies they cannot even win in a fight without and skills... I guess adopting isn't all that bad if you know how to pick.

I once saw on T.V and read on the web about an Austrlian guy who adopted a Korean girl and took good care of her and for some reason she stabed him in the back and ran away. I don't know if she was ever found.

That example was with a child from a 1st world country, but there's already so many examples of children from 3rd world countries that kill their foster parents (mostly in Africa). Yet they still do it...

All I can say is that you choose and think wisly about this. Don't just adopt anyone, you have to relate to them at least a bit anyways. Be careful. I guess that having your own and adopting is acceptable, but you should still take care.
Last edited by Danny on Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
manaman
Spikey Tiger
Posts: 1649
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:06 pm
Contact:

Post by manaman » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:17 pm

Danny,

I believe that you are wrong in your views on adoption. I don't mean to instigate an argument, but I do encourage you to at least study more on the topic before reaching some of the unyielding conclusions you have.

Personally, I believe that adoption is one of the best ways for infertile couples to love, nurture and raise children. I believe that giving one's child up for adoption is a far better solution than abortion or a baby thrown in a dumpster. I believe that adoption is a wonderful way to help provide stability for a child when his or her parents are afraid they simply can't. It's quite often that parents are very reluctant to give up their children but they realize that their surroundings and their resources are dangerous and scarce.

While I do desire children of my spouse's and my flesh and blood, I do not find any fault in adoption.

One last thing I would like to state is that you said:
Danny wrote:It's also proven that 3rd world children can't learn as well as 1st world children and therefore are less intelligent.
Some food for thought: could it be that children from developing countries "can't learn as well" because they are lacking the resources that leading nations have? Could it be our duty to help provide those children access to the technological resources you and I have had access to? Isn't adoption one of many ways of doing just that? I highly doubt there is anything genetic limiting learning and intelligence related to how prosperous the country of your birth is.

Peace,

manaman

Danny

Post by Danny » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:33 pm

Adoption is good for infertile couples, but those who can have children should always have them and never adopt any. I don't agree with a lot of things that people are doing and yes, I've indeed studyed a lot or I wouldn't be talking...

If you have children and adopt, you make them feel bad and unworthy of your love and attention. That and most likly they won't get along since they would be fighting for their 'parents' love.

The whole purpose of life is to have children and most importantly to continue your blood line (DNA) which means they should be your's not someone else's. Your name and DNA can't live through children that aren't your's therefore your whole life was/is without any meaning.

This is said in both most religions and science. I belive in science only not religion that says what I should do, but also because science can be learned and applied to the real world. Praying to god? Where is he/she/it? Theirs no proof of that, but science is everywhere and can be learned and shown.

Not that it really matters so much as to fight about it. If people wish to be blind then so be it. The weak and ignorant shall perish and the strong and intelligent shall live on through their blood line. It's always been like that since the cave man times. Science verus religion in history... Science won, remember?

If you wish to be very kind to other kids, help start a school-home for then in an orphanariam but do not put your blood line and own children at risk. I face my own opinons and truth. There's no use fighting about it as nothing will chance here in this video gaming fourm. Which is now a half political debate fourm, kidding!

Sorry, I didn't mean to insult anyone or sound harsh but others start the war which I finish. Gemini's, Europeans and Asians don't give up anything and also to finish with the last word but we usally don't start it. It's in our blood and in my Romanian and Gemini blood line.

Drug dealers and other people in my high school always talk about god and bad mouth science so I'm very mad about that. Their also from 3rd world countries only which just adds gas to the fire. A very calm person like me always snaps really bad when they had enough insults.

Well anyways, I just that I'll try and take it easy a little bit and get some sleep. People can post crazy things when their sleepy and angered about something elsewhere. Its kind of like being drunk even though your not. Sorry, once again... I still stand by when I said though, but I should have been more milder about it.

Its not like I'm saying religion is all bad. It helps keep the family name that identifies the blood line and it teaches people to be good most of the time but it doesn't have any logic of so to speak of. In science theirs so many things that can be said and proven, the big bang, energy, matter, molecules, forms, etc. and in religion its all god did it, no when, where, why, if or but...?

Think about it, all people of science and logic are very intelligent and the if everyone was like that the government would be over thrown since all their tax hikes and other things would be found out that's why they want to keep everyone happy and ignorant. Of course they also teach science in school that also says religion is true to confuse and breed future generations of intelligent 'slaves' that work like pawns and get paid little and treated like garbade to unitelligent sinner bosses.

Like how the pope said that the Catholic religion is the one path to 'heaven'. First of all, when you die, you die and nothing else happens and you don't go anywhere. There's no proof of that at all except in childness, foolishness and when people say there is. And second of all, so many holy wars have happened in history because of god. Would he really allow that to happen? Just like in the Fullmetal Alchemist manga/anime.

Some stories even say that he was killed by the people who built the tower of Babel which was destroyed. Religion vs. religion, religion vs. science. There's no end to it is there? I like buddism that's not really a religion but which has good teachings and no man made god or laws of living your life except in kindness and good health.

My opinons about my beliefs will never chance as a person just defend his culture, country, DNA, people, beliefs, honor and him or herself which I am and always will. It's the law of the knight, samurai and ninja alike.

I'm pretty much done once again if anyone else doen't have anything else to say against when I've said which would require my opinon and response. Thank you for reading and your time.
Last edited by Danny on Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
manaman
Spikey Tiger
Posts: 1649
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:06 pm
Contact:

Post by manaman » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:56 pm

Danny,

I know this isn't really the thread to debate this on--sorry rrfish!--and I don't really feel that this would make a good thread topic for this forum. I am open to PM-ing if you want, but otherwise, I'm ready to lay this subject down after this post. I feel I expressed myself pretty well in my last post and hope to in this one.

I'm not trying to convince you one way or another. I have my convictions and I understand that there are others who may hold dissimilar convictions. All the same, I find that your response may have provided some insight as to why we do not agree on this matter.
Danny wrote:The whole purpose of life is to have children and most importantly to continue your blood line (DNA) which means they should be your's not someone else's. Your name and DNA can't live through children that aren't your's therefore your whole life was/is without any meaning.

This is said in both most religions and science. I belive in science only not religion that says what I should do, but also because science can be learned and applied to the real world. Praying to god? Where is he/she/it? Theirs no proof of that, but science is everywhere and can be learned and shown.
This, to me, was the biggest hang up I had in your argument. First of all, you preclude that you are correct in stating the purpose for life and you base this on the statement that religions and science both say so. There is little support for your hypothesis to stand, then. Ironically, you then launch into an explanation of why you don't trust religion but rather science. I say "ironically" because your thesis on the purpose of life is only supported by you by the preceding line explaining how religions (and, yes, science, too) agree. Still, one of the only two "sources" you "cite" is immediately shot down in your very next sentence. To further add to the irony, it has been my experience that religion, and not science, is the largest proponent of the "go forth and multiply" mentality. Do not forget how long and rich the history of religion is and how early humanity needed to multiply in order to not be stamped out by either other tribes or the very elements and landscape of the world inhabited. Science, if I am not mistaken, deals with that which can be tested. The purpose of life, if I may be so bold, is not something that may be tested.

I will stop here and admit that I consider myself a religious man. Equally so, I consider myself a spiritual man. That is why:
Danny wrote:Not that it really matters so much as to fight about it. If people wish to be blind then so be it. The weak and ignorant shall perish and the strong and intelligent shall live on through their blood line. It's always been like that since the cave man times. Science verus religion in history... Science won, remember?
Is perhaps the most unnerving paragraphs I have found you to write. Without making a rational argument you accuse those who are religious to be blind. You further make a sort of "survival of the fittest" rationale that insinuates those who are of a religious sensibility will naturally be "weeded" out.

I will stop here once again and say that I have not been offended personally. I do not write now in anger and I do not seek an apology. I will, actually, ask for forgiveness on behalf of those who have--as you have indicated--considered themselves on the side of religion and disrespected something you believe in and perhaps even you. I do not myself believe in religion against science. I do know, however, that there are many who take this route. If you really disagree with them, attempt to dialog, but do not set your heart on changing minds.

Though I have said I have not been personally offended, I do want to point out that there have been a few things you've said that have made me hurt for others. There is only one example I'll really pursue now before I wrap this up. You seem to have a real loathe for those in what you call "the third world." On this I can perhaps best see why we do not agree. I believe that our goal in life is to love God, others and ourselves. I believe that to give love is our purpose and that the more love we are able to give, the better. That is why, I believe, a family is no less capable of loving an adopted child than one of their own DNA. Siblings will grow together in a nurturing and loving environment and in the end, if parents have taken the steps to educate and nurture their flesh-and-blood children, there will be no animosity. The same, if the adopted children are nurtured, loved and educated, there should be no animosity on their part.

Love. That is where I put emphasis. How we deal with others. To what extent we share ourselves. I do not believe our whole purpose is just to live, reproduce so that we can have a stronger race and then die. Really, what a bleak life that would seem.

Peace,

manaman

Danny

Post by Danny » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:13 pm

Your right about one thing that I should have reprased a lot of that as I was speaking dead tired and in blinding rage about some stuff. Equal peace between both types of beliefs is best for all.

Having a strong and intelligent race would mean that we would live on and not dies that's my whole point. The strong and intelligent races were the ones that survied during the cavemen times and through histroy and always will.

There are far to many people from 3rd world countires that multiply too fast and that require our support or they would die. Does that mean the purpose of 1st world countires is to support 3rd world ones that somehow come here and take over our jobs, country and life style?

We were developing faster in the past without supporting anyone and now we've slowed down again. I'm not trying to chance minds, but rather open eyes to all points of views and not just the most popular ones. Also I didn't say religious people are unitelligent, but rather the ones that are blindly loyal without any reason or common sense are. Although a logical scientific mind is far more advance then a relious one by far since he/she studies a great deal rather then beliving in something fake which does not exist without any scientific proof. To simply say it does without proof is not enough. Think if it this way: Who created god? No one right, just as the universe was not created by anyone it has always been there and always will. It exapans then contracts and expands again (Big Bang). It happens every billions upon billions of years. This is the truth, either face it or live in a fairy tall, your choice but I prefer the truth overall.

Haha, adoption?! Imagine this, your parents decided to adopt a child instead of having you. It may sound a tad harsh, but the truth is harsher that you wouldn't have existed. Why should you or anyone else raise that brats of some other people rather then give life to your children? Did you ever stop to think or at least even remotly consider that? What an ironic twist of events we have here don't we? You would have not exist, but some starge back street kid would have in your place. I don't think you would have wanted that would you, so why do it to your potental childern?

Your parents gave you life and so must you to your children and so on so forth forever unless you really want your blood line, family name and anscestor's hard work keeping it alive so far to mean nothing. You choice, choose wisly and think of all these things and if it's really worth it because I think not. The naturals laws of the past (breed only thy own flesh and blood) still lives on today, but that was broken by jealously of a child's natural talent that far exceeds that of his or her's parents which made them adopt inferior children so they feel better about themselfs. The old ways should and will be restored and I'll see that myself too. Can you tell your potental child in his or her face that you would not want them because adopting is better or nice?

Most people don't know the real truth behind most things in life so when they learn and find about they find it hard to accept and don't understand, but it's the correct one. The day will come when all will know it and the world will be changed for the better. To few really know and aren't allowed to really talk about it in fear that others will most likly not eccept it and the positive chance and shift of correct power it will bring to the entire world. All the pieces of the puzzle/riddle is there, but few can read or even accept it (the Gaia series).

You also have to look out for the true evil people in this world aren't those who yell and smash tables, but those who are hidden and perverse that scheme to destroy and plot death of people and other misdeed such as that.

Kind of like in the Matrix and the 300 Spartans (original version), but not quite that extreme. The meaning was essetionally correct though. Their both very good movies and there's a lot more like them which have hidden meanings and which also require a great deal of attention to learn and understand completly. Too bad Koren and Lumi aren't here, they would have had interesting things to say about this. They would have agreed with me in a flash as they also read a lot of history, myths, legends, lore, etc. and have culture in their blood as I do inspired by logical science. Of course they must have gotten bored of people who argue pointlessly...

I can't blame them for that as most people already know their sad fate that will befall and elimate them, but refuse to chance. Oh well, the strong and intelligent will also live on time and time again as time flows like a river and history repeats it's self - SoM. Truely if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind. - Edward D. Morrison (ToP). Yes, all true inspired by stories and better explain. Although its most of mankind that has evil not all. A small part of it is positve, but indeed most of it is negative. Sad state of affairs.

I think we should stop here too before this goes way off topic more so then it already has. Most points of views are acceptable as long as the best part of each is taked into account and understood with full meaning. That would be best for eveyone. Belive not just in the popular beliefs, but also those you seek out yourself like I've been doing for years and always do so. Oh and sorry for turning this into a debate again. Some of us have a way of doing that a lot here, but I think both just about done here for good I hope. I guess the proper thing for me to do to end this is too also say: Take care and peace - Danny.
Last edited by Danny on Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply