Playing Seiken Densetsu Mobile on an European Mobile?

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Shadowdim
Rabite

Post by Shadowdim »

Hi!
I heard about Seiken Densetsu Mobile, and since SD on Gameboy is my favorite SD game, I think I NEED to play it.
But I can't find it -__- Guess it can be played on a Japanese mobile only, right?
Isn't there a way to play it on a french phone? or even on my computer?
Last edited by Shadowdim on Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

No one has ever found an emulated version of it.

You can only get it in Japan through the phone service over there. When I went to Japan and bought Heroes of Mana there were tons of inserts in the box about what site to go to, and it said you've gotta have certain Japanese mobile plans to get it.

There has to be an emulated version though, or else this site could have never been made: http://www5f.biglobe.ne.jp/~burabo-/index.htm

Dig through the links there and maybe something will surface, I've never found anything through it though.

If you find it let us know! FFA is my favorite game of all time!
Shadowdim
Rabite

Post by Shadowdim »

Yay, thanks, I'll try to find something there :q
I think it's one of my favorite game ever, too.
I played it yesterday night. I was missing the Jadd music (Lester <3)

:hof: Naaah. No Rom or such things on this website. But still, they've got soundtracks, complete maps, lots of screenshot, and a japanese BBS which I can't use >.<"
There's a link (in japanese :/) to the World of Mana Website, on the FFA Mobile page, so I think he's saying "follow this link if you want to buy the game, blah blah blah".
How did he get these sprites and screenshots, this is another story.
Maybe he downloaded the game, put it on his computer and used a Japense Cell Phone emulator? ???
Last edited by Shadowdim on Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

I've looked for an emulation of it myself. I came up with nothing though.
bastian
Weepy Eye

Re: Playing Seiken Densetsu Mobile on an European Mobile?

Post by bastian »

Wow! There is a wealth of info and sprites there! It almost makes me want to use those sprites to recreate the game. Haha. Or "Final Fantasy Adventure 2" or something. :P

I SE would port it to the US and EU. Grrr. Or at least some fan hackers would dump the US GB version script into it and make that available. Argh.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Aw man, went back to the site hoping there would be more sprites done three years later... no dice.
You've made me sad now bastian. :P
bastian
Weepy Eye

Post by bastian »

sooooorry. I was just so excited that there was ANYTHING from that remake. Does anyone know how to disect an animated gif into it's various frames?
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Load it in GIMP. It'll give you a layer per frame.
bastian
Weepy Eye

Post by bastian »

Thanks so much, Kassidy! I'll give GIMP a shot. I'm really curious about experimenting with these sprites/tiles and maybe making a game with them (I've run into too many issues with my Dawn of Mana remake and put that on the back burner).
bastian
Weepy Eye

Post by bastian »

Oh jeeze, I didn't realize back then that the site in question had shrunk the tiles and sprites down so small. They would be practically useless in that size. Has any come across full size tiles/sprites from the mobile remake? I'm seriously thinking about creating a fan game. :D
Tyler
Mushboom

Post by Tyler »

I threw a sprite and map in Graphics Gale, I don't think they shrunk it down. The sprites are actually double in size, each "pixel" is actually composed of 4 pixels (2x2) and the maps are the correct size all on a 16x16 pixel per tile system. It looks like you have everything you need graphics wise if you just shrink the sprites down to 16x16.

We'll it doesn't look like it has all the maps though, so you might have to create some.
bastian
Weepy Eye

Post by bastian »

Whoops, I never came back here to update. Yeah, I realized later that the size was just fine, but that they were missing quite a large chunk of stuff (Mana Tree and whatnot). Ah well.