Trang's SD3 Random Stuff Thread

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Trang
BuzzBee

Trang's SD3 Random Stuff Thread

Post by Trang »

SO, I created this thread with the objective of bringing random SD3 stuff up (as you surely read on the subject). This main post (maybe) will be updated as new stuff comes out (if I don't give up on it).

AND REMEMBER: SEIKEN DENSETSU 3 FOREVER!

To be posted (will be added as new stuff pops in my mind):
> SD3 Savestates [SvSt] --- RELEASED AND UPDATED AGAIN
> Where-to-level-up Guide [WtLU] --- RELEASED
> Small Tricks and Tips Guide I [SttGI] --- RELEASED
> Small Tricks and Tips Guide II [SttGII] --- RELEASED
> Stats Raising Guide [StR] --- RELEASED
> Party Combination Guide

To look for something, hit Ctrl + F and put the abbreviation in (e.g. [SvSt])... I know, that's really not necessary for now but I just like to keep it organized!

===========================================================

[SvSt] ||| SD3 Savestates |||
This was done in my free time of boredom.
Share and use this freely but be decent and please don’t claim this as your own.

I don't know if you want to test the classes or impress your little brother, just keep SD3 alive and I'm ok with it.

There are a total of 12 games, covering every class possibility for every character (and MORE). Note that sometimes the party members have some skills in common (like sabers in two characters) but those were the best matches I could think of (though the last ones kinda are the remaining ones without possibility of choice).
Every party (but the last one, check below) has at least one healer but as there are only 6 possibilities of multi-target Heal Light, two of them use it single-targeted. On the other hand, those games have high destruction power so that enemies are done fast.

NEW CONTENT: I updated my files, now there's a new game. I wanted to make a boys-only party, and so I did. Hardcore-no-healer party! It was SO damn fun. And this was the fastest game of mine. The only healing device is the Moon Saber skill. Also, this is the first game after all classes were used, so I was able to pick whichever I desired (the strongest ones, by the way).

NEW CONTENT: I did 3 more games: one with all healers (!), one with all girls (again) and one with no healer and not based on Str (it has Angela and Wanderer Hawk). It was very fun, really...

Now for each character we have every possible final class and also two more (one Light and one Dark class) repeat.

Every character was leveled to 60 so that he/she can have maximum stats. The parties are:

Hawk (Nightblade) / Duran (Swordmaster) / Carlie (Necromancer)
Angela (Gran Divina) / Lise (Star Lancer) / Kevin (Warrior Monk)
Kevin (Death Hand) / Hawk (Wanderer) / Carlie (Bishop)

Duran (Lord) / Angela (Rune Master) / Hawk (Rogue)
Carlie (Evil Shaman) / Lise (Dragon Master) / Angela (Magus)
Lise (Fenrir Knight) / Kevin (Dervish) / Duran (Paladin)

Hawk (Ninja Master) / Kevin (God Hand) / Lise (Vanadis)
Duran (Duelist) / Carlie (Sage) / Angela (Archmage)
Kevin (Dervish) / Duran (Duelist) / Hawk (Nightblade)

Angela (Archmage) / Carlie (Necromancer) / Lise (Star Lancer)
Carlie (Bishop) / Kevin (God Hand) / Duran (Paladin)
Lise (Fenrir Knight) / Hawk (Wanderer) / Angela (Rune Master)

The link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F5U26TT7
PS.: download it at your own risk as it may contain one of my destructive viruses! O_O
PS2.: I know you feel insecure now but believe me, I'm good. :heart:

[WtLU] ||| Where-to-level-up Guide |||
This guide is based on my own experience throughout the game. This is not the fastest way to go, but a balanced speed/power path.
Note that this is not a walkthrough, so if you're having problems to find the way, I'd recommend you Seikens site official one. Also, if you're having trouble to beat bosses with the level in posting here, feel absolutely free to level-up a bit more.
One more thing... When I say, for example:
"Level-up to 14 inside Rolante Castle (near the Gold Statue near the boss) before fighting Genova and Bill & Ben. Then just go through and beat Gorva (now you have Shade)."
If following the guide, you should be at level 12. Go through the enemies until you find the Gold Statue, THEN level-up inside the castle. Then just rush through like mad (not killing most enemies until you beat Gorva)!

The 8 spirits:
> Level-up to 4 near Astoria before getting the second character near the Cave of Waterfalls.
> Level-up to 6 in the cave before defeating Full Metal Hugger (the crab boss that holds Wisp).
> Level-up to 9 near Maia/Cleft of Earth before killing the Machine Golems at the bridge and then go to Jewel Eater (the mole that holds Gnome).
> Level-up to 12 near Palo and/or in the Corridor of Wind (close to the Gold Statue) before beating Tzenker (that holds Jinn).
> Level-up to 14 inside Rolante Castle (near the Gold Statue near the boss) before fighting Genova and Bill & Ben. Then just go through and beat Gorva (now you have Shade).
> Level-up to 16 inside Seashore Cave (here's the deal: the enemies are pretty strong, so rush inside until the last Gold Statue and level-up near it).
> Level-up to 18 at Sub-Zero Snowfield (in the end near to the Gold Statue for your own safety) before fighting brand new Machine Golems (and getting Undine). DO NOT FORGET TO CLASS-CHANGE!!
> Level-up to 20 in the Desert of Heat (I'd say near Deen) then go through for Bill & Ben 2.0 (and ta-da... Salamando inside the Valley of Flames!).
> Level-up to 22 in the Moonlight Forest (go back to Mintos to sleep), beat Lugar (and get Luna).
> Level-up to 24 in the Lampflower Forest (near the Gold Statue), beat Gildervine (the last one, Dryad!).

The Mana Holyland:
> Level-up to 27 here. This is a place with easy-to-kill enemies. Just don't forget: if you draw the sword, the rabbits will vanish!

The following part is more like a level-up-a-lot-then-rush-through-some-bosses guide. It really worked ok for me, leaving the more convinient places to level-up. This is the really nice part of the guide since the part before is almost a 2-level-at-a-time guide!
Do not forget: you'll feel some difficulties right before leveling, but this surely works (12 times!)... Just don't forget to buy the best weapons and armors available.

The 8 God-Beasts:
> Beat the Wind-God Dangaard without leveling.
> Beat the Fire-God Xan Bie without leveling.
> Level-Up to 32 (five levels in a row. Tough af first but then it's easy.) near the Gold Statue then beat the Water-God Fiegmund.
> Beat the Moon-God Dolan without leveling.
> Level-up to 36 (lots of experience and relative easiness) near the Gold Statue then beat the Wood-God Mispolm.
> Beat the Earth-God Land Umber without leveling (run through like mad or you'll be severely injuried).
> Beat the Light-God Lightgazer without leveling (run through like mad or you'll die permanently - savestates won't work anymore! - just kidding, but the enemies here hurt!).
> Level-up to 38 in Pedan while finding the necessary ??? Seeds. GO BACK TO THE HOLYLAND AND... CLASS-CHANGE THERE!
> Level-up to 41 before fighting the Dark-God Zable-Fahr (the place here differs according to your main hero).

Now you have to beat two bosses and then head to final boss in the Holyland. I strongly recommend to DON'T level-up in the Holyland!
I'd say a final level of 60 because this way you can max every stat of your party.
Getting the final gear (Weapon/Armor seed) before facing this will make it much easier.

The (really long) final part:
> Level-up to 45 before beating the first boss (Deathjester/Jagan/Darkshine Knight) in the strongest enemies you can find.
> Level-up to 50 before beating the second boss (Heath/Bigieu/Koren) in the strongest enemies you can find (the place changes so I won't bother detailing).
> Level-up to 60 before facing your final boss challenge (Dark Lich/Archedemon/Dragon Emperor) in the same place you leveled to 50. Trust me, Holyland sucks!

:party: ** CONGRATULATIONS IF YOU CAN BEAT THE GAME AFTER ALL THIS!! ** :party:

[SttGI] ||| Small Tricks and Tips Guide I |||
This will cover some minor things that might go unnoticed as you play.
If you think this is too obvious, I'm sorry. I'm just trying to put up stuff you don't see around very often.

1- Getting ??? Seeds
When you arrive in Pedan, you may notice these lovely seeds that will allow you to class-change.
To get them VERY fast, do this:
> Change to nighttime
> Save through savestate before and then enter the jungle
> Keep loading until a Boulder (the blue eyeball) appears (if you save before entering, the enemies may change if you load and enter again)
> Kill whoever comes along with the Boulder first
> Save again before killing the Boulder
> Keep loading until the Boulder drops a chest
> Boulder chests are always ??? Seeds (or 99,99%, as I never got something different)

2- Getting Weapon/Armor Seeds
Before (or right after) fighting the Dark-God Zable-Fahr, you should already have equipped the entire set for your heroes.
Curious on how to do it fast? Just like you did for ??? Seeds, here it goes:
> Go to Glass Desert/Dark Cave/Jungle of Illusion based on your main hero
> Save through savestate before entering the next screen (do this after every Victory! before moving on)
> Keep loading until a X-Mob (read below) appears
> Kill whatever comes with the X-Mob
> Save before killing X-Mob
> Keep loading until it drops a chest
> X-Mobs will always drop a Weapon/Armor Seed chest

X-Mob consideration: it means Wolf Devil if you're in the Jungle of Illusion (that is, Carlie or Kevin are your main hero) or Night-blade (Glass Desert/Dark Cave) for every other main.
These guys will always drop the Seed, but watch out as they are the deadliest guys around (and you'll kill them last, giving them time for destructive techs).
Note that they'll not appear everywhere, so look for a place where they often do (e.g. Wolf Devils are easy to find nearby the Gold Statue in the Jungle).
Remember to save often.

3- Getting Dreamsee Herbs
This nice item may not be much necessary if you don’t have Kevin in your party, but it surely helps if he is (Wolf form receives nice damage bonus).
Here’s how to have some of them in stock.
> Change to nighttime and head to Palo
> After the entrance to the Corridor of Wind, cross the bridge and enter a small cave
> Save through savestate and exit in the upper patch (you’ll be in a place with two enemies, the same place Lise kills her first enemy)
> Keep loading until a Armor Knight appears
> Kill the other guy first and save
> Keep loading until the Armor Knight drops a chest
> His chests have decent chance to be a Dreamsee Herb (not 100%)

Yet another strange, innovator and maybe useless (for progamers) guide! Enjoy. :P

[SttGII] ||| Small Tricks and Tips Guide II |||
Again, just some random thoughts that might help.

1- Class Changing Time
When class changing the character statuses will all raise for the new classes' minimum. And then you'll start raising the stats again. What I mean is: if you make the first class change on level 18 or on level 24, your character statuses will be the SAME.
Maybe some didn't notice this, so make sure to class change first thing.

> Level 18
> Level 38 (start looking for ??? Seeds in Pedan around level 36)

2- Byzel's Black Market
Buy Scales, elemental Claws and Poto Oils here, they WILL make your life so much easier.
I know depending on your party you can cast those stats-Up, Saber or Heal skills but that will be later on or some parties might not have those.

> Poto's multitarget Heal is always good as the faster you can get that skill is level 19 (any class Carlie) or 39 (Warrior Monk Kevin or Lord Duran), just remember to cast it with the highest Spirit/Pie character.
> You'll get Stats-Up with Lise's Light classes but they'll be singletarget (making it useless as casting delay would make her cast for the entire fight) so the only class that makes Scales useless is the Star Lancer (so after level 38), the only with multitarget Stats-Up
> Elemental Sabers will be learned after level 18 (Gladiator Duran or Priestess Carlie) so go find each boss weakness to make the Claws very useful

I know this one is small but there goes some (hopefully) precious information. ^-^;

[StR] ||| Stats Raising Guide |||
You might have noticed that Agility and Luck are not that useful as Strength or Vitality. You're right.
So here's how to make each character more efficient focusing on damage and survival.
Overall this is easy and repetitive, as the basic pattern will be the same for many fighter classes.

Str = Strength / Agi = Agility / Vit = Vitality / Int = Intelligence / Pie = Spirit / Luc = Luck

Attack: raises whenever you give Str points
Defense: raises whenever you give Vit points
Evade Rate: raises whenever you give Agi points
Magic Def.: raises whenever you give Int points

1- Angela
This one is very easy... You should focus only on her magical damage and life. That's for every class.
DO NOT give her Str... I know you want but don't.

BASIC
> Intelligence whenever possible (massive magical damage)
> Vitality as the second option (yes, only and when the above is not avaiable)
> Spirit if the ones above are not avaiable (Light magic and healing items)

2- Kevin
As a fighter with almost no magic skills, his pattern is also very simple (except if he's the party's healer).

BASIC
> Strength whenever possible
> Vitality as the second option
> Intelligence should not be more than 2-3 points lower than Vit (this is your resistance against elemental magic)

HEALER
> Spirit should be raised as you need it, taking points from the basic build

3- Duran
Another fighter with the healer variation and elemental Saber skills.

BASIC
> Intelligence should not be more than 2-3 points lower than Vit

HEALER
> Spirit should be raised as you need it, taking points from the basic build

SABERS
> All you need is Pie 9 to learn them all (that'd be one point after first class change)
> Back to the basic

4- Lise
The basic fighter, no variations. Her minimum stats in all classes will guarantee that every skill will be learned.

BASIC

5- Carlie
The all-time healer, of course here you'll go with Pie and never Str.

BASIC
> Spirit whenever possible (better healing, learns new skills)

6- Hawk
Maybe the harder class as you'll need to balance stats if you want to learn his skills. I'll explain better here.
Follow the basic fighter pattern with the class variations.

BASIC

RANGER
> Intelligence based skills will be learned following the basic
> Dexterity for the traps only when almost class changing (when the basic stats are all maximum)

WANDERER
> Intelligence and Spirit one point each right away to learn all the skills
> Back to the basic

ROGUE
> Follow the basic (skills will be learned with the minimum stats)

NINJA
> Dexterity of 17 to learn all the Jutsus (so useful)
> Back to the basic

NINJA MASTER
> Follow the basic (skills will be learned with the minimum stats)

NIGHTBLADE
> Dexterity of 19 to learn all the skills
> Back to the basic

Hope you like it, let me know if it's not very clear. 8)
Last edited by Trang on Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:43 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Trang
BuzzBee

Post by Trang »

I'd major updated the main post.
Now it contains a decent level guide to make your way to the Holyland fast and clean.
Any feedback would be appreciated.

I wouldn't like to double post but if I don't the update will go unnoticed (as I rather post everything together) since I got no response for the first one.

Cya,
Trang

PS: not even a single soul downloaded the savestates? No one needs it?
Gurtyel
Lullabud

Post by Gurtyel »

I downloaded them like 5 days ago, couldnt load the savestates in game. I DID followed ur instructions ;)
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Looking very useful, Trang. Just one note, please remove the paragraph on "how to use the savestates", as that's really the only part that would go against our T&Cs. Plus, whoever uses the savestates should know how to already (if they don't, Google is their friend).

Thanks, and keep up the good work.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

If you dont mind we could put you level up guide in the site. This looks promising and very unique
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

+1
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Wow, quite the amount of work had to go into that. Kudos! ^_^
Trang
BuzzBee

Post by Trang »

I downloaded them like 5 days ago, couldnt load the savestates in game. I DID followed ur instructions
I'm sorry but I don't know what to say. Did you check if the names were exactly the same?
Kassidy wrote:Looking very useful, Trang. Just one note, please remove the paragraph on "how to use the savestates", as that's really the only part that would go against our T&Cs. Plus, whoever uses the savestates should know how to already (if they don't, Google is their friend).

Thanks, and keep up the good work.
Ok, it's removed. Thank you.
Deques wrote:If you dont mind we could put you level up guide in the site. This looks promising and very unique
Sure if you're staff... I mean, you probably are since you want to put it on the site...
I think you should have something like different color on the nickname or so.
The only think I ask before you do (if you really want to) put it on the site is for someone to try it... Maybe this guide is not as good as I may think.

Thank you everyone who gave feedbacks.
I'll post more soon (you may check what in the beginning of my main post), just not so soon or I'll dry out of random postable goodies.
Last edited by Trang on Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Thanks for removing the reference. :)
Re putting it on the site, no worries, we'll do that as part of our quality control, and of course we would do so once you also felt that it is in a ready position.

Staff-wise: http://www.seikens.com/about.html :)
Trang
BuzzBee

Post by Trang »

Updated with a guide on how to easily acquire some goodies through the game. Give me some feedback please.
Magus_Melchior
Grave Bat

Post by Magus_Melchior »

Wow. Impressive guide, Trang!

I always boosted stats through tough levels like the Earth-God canyon or Illusion Jungle, so I tended to be fairly high level throughout those 8 fights and in seed hunts-- I hate running past a battle, because the monsters generally get a bunch of hits on me as I shuffle through. Mainly I offloaded the task of using scales, ninjutsu, or Riesz's spells to other players while I hacked away with my primary. Excellent way to neutralize Rust Hurricane and the like.
Trang
BuzzBee

Post by Trang »

Yo guys...
Played SD3 again this weekend. Result: a hardcore non-healer allowed game with the 3 boys...
Was very nice and very destructive, almost didn't have to use life items.
So, the main post is updated, now containing this last game. See if you guys like.
Koeia
BuzzBee

Post by Koeia »

i just played another round of SD3 after a break for like 2 years. Using Hawk,Carlie,Angela. (All dark-dark)
i thought the second class change was for level 32, so i went and beat all 8 godbeasts before level 31, managed with scales. kinda dissapointed when i found out that i had to level up six levels before i could class change. :(

as for weapon/armour seeds, they can be gotten pretty easily from great rabites (the green ones) outside pedan. i got like 22 before class changing, and still couldnt get a full set of equip for carlie and angela.
any idea what decides the weapon/armour you get from the seeds?
Trang
BuzzBee

Post by Trang »

Nope, that still makes me doubtful...
Anyway, a better way to find Weapon/Armor Seeds is near the Dark-God... Those Nightblades (bad and deadly ninjas) chests are 100% of them. So all you have to do is kill him last and hope for the chest (savestates help here).

Saving the game and reseting makes the seed items to change, though.
RaneofSoTN
Rabite

Post by RaneofSoTN »

Trang; just something you should know. Stat ups are determined randomly as for when they can be upgraded.

if you need proof; i'm doing an SD3 speed run. My Kevin at lvl 8 has 9 strength (1 off his cap). Which by any standards of this game shouldn't be possible. He actually almost ties my duran's attack power normally. Makes the game unbelievably easier.

This is just for people who feel like they are getting cheaped out on stats. If you want to try again just reload your save and re-level. There is a decent chance you can raise a stat again. Hell I got Strength on Kevin on levels multiple levels in a row.

Anyway; you recommend leveling TOO much. Also by the way, the games difficulty changes based on your class #. If your base class its easiest (but not really); first class is so so; and second class really hurts. If you need proof check some things out. Its really interesting in that fact. They try to balance the damage done based by class change to try to make the game interesting. This is why in some places, you feel you either get owned really hard; or its just too easy.