Secret of Mana to iPhone?

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Re: Secret of Mana to iPhone?

Post by DeadWolf »

nick912012 wrote:I recently bought an iPod Touch from a crack head in East STL for $30. That's the best part about living in this area! :P
Just because they guy is black doesn't mean he is a crack head.

Back on topic.

I'm kind of glad I haven't invested too much time in the IP version. I keep hearing about all of these bugs. I don't want to lose because I was to eager to play it before a patch.
RevRFish
Pumpkin Bomb

Post by RevRFish »

Personally I think $queenix is @#$*in' with us. I mean there is little doubt that the game would do well if they were to just straight port it to a portable gaming system. The IP version of this game, though nice with its updated graphics, is buggy; even with the recent patches. Hits are not falling properly, command response is sketchy, etc.

I paid the $9 for this game the day it released, and I would gladly pay upwards of $40 for a straight port to the DS or (God forbid) the PSP. Still I think they are toying with us by offering the crowning jewel of this series in sub-par formats while releasing crap knowing we'll buy in hopes that they'll give us THE release we've been longing for all these years.

With all of that...still no release or talk of releasing SD3 to us in any form. Bastards.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Maybe with the cheap IP and Wiiware versions they will expand their fanbase to warrant a US release of SD3.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Yeah I'm really confused as to why they're putting the stuff on cellphones instead of like the DS or anything.
They did the same thing with a version of FFA that had all the graphics redone and everything, it's only in Japan though, pretty lucky we at least got SoM on iPhone/Pad/Pod I guess.
bastian
Weepy Eye

Post by bastian »

There's a huge market for mobile phone games in Japan. The sequel to Final Fantasy IV was originally released as a mobile phone only game (it was later ported to WiiWare and now the PSP). That same team made another mobile phone game called Final Fantasy Legends. I guess the Japanese like playing games on cell phones.
RevRFish
Pumpkin Bomb

Post by RevRFish »

bastian wrote:There's a huge market for mobile phone games in Japan. The sequel to Final Fantasy IV was originally released as a mobile phone only game (it was later ported to WiiWare and now the PSP). That same team made another mobile phone game called Final Fantasy Legends. I guess the Japanese like playing games on cell phones.
Believe me, they do. The obsession with their phones is at best pretty creepy.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Hey everybody, if you haven't gotten this yet the price is over 50% off right now until March 31st. You can pick it up for 3.99.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/secret-o ... 49800?mt=8
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

I finally bought it. Ah, this is bringing memories back :D
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

I've really enjoyed bringing this up on my iPad. Unfortunately, I don't have the long morning commute I once had so I haven't played through this as much as I had planned. Especially since I'm playing through Heroes of Mana on my DS Lite. I was really impressed with the controls for this game, though. They did a fine job for touch interface. That and I enjoy the graphics upgrade since it's not too much but enough to make it feel a little fresher.

Oh, and um, hi everyone. . . . Been a while, hmm?
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

You don't have problems with the controls?
Then is it only me? Because I am getting a menu popping out of nowhere for no apparent reason. Even when both my thumbs are not even touching the screen.

I noticed that the Iffish is different. It's like they got beard
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Badguys like Iffish got replaced with their sprites from SwoM which were based on LoM ones. Pretty much all the updated enemy sprites come from SwoM, which based all their designs on the LoM and SD3 enemies.
I really miss the old looking Buzz Bees, they were supposed to be different than the assassin bugs, they got their design from an FFA monster.

But yeah, I really hate the SwoM Iffish. It worked in LoM due to the way everything looked, but since it got adapted to the other games it just doesn't feel right to me.

Also, hey manaman! How've you been?
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Yeah, I'm not having any difficulty with the controls. Actually, I think they are pretty good. They aren't the best of iOS gaming, but they certainly aren't the worst. And I haven't had the menu problem you've been describing. Sorry to hear that!

And hey Sheexy. I've been doing pretty well. Tons of things going on and I'm swamped by them. I haven't really done much outside of work and setting up our new home (we bought!) so that's why I haven't been around. Been thinking of you, though!