Secret of Mana to iPhone?

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Ailise
Site Admin

Secret of Mana to iPhone?

Post by Ailise »

Some text:
"Last week when Square Enix release Voice Fantasy, members of our forum and commenters on our review were left wondering where in the world Square's other titles that they've already announced were. Courtesy of our friends over at AppBank, we have our answer. They recently scored a hands on of Secret of Mana, and were even able to shoot the following gameplay video.

Secret of Mana is a top-down action RPG which features a three character party wandering about the land, with each member having specific strengths and weaknesses. The Super Nintendo version of the game (As well as the Wii Virtual Console) supports up to three players playing at once, each controlling one of the characters. It isn't really clear if this will be the case in the iPhone game or not, but this could potentially be an excellent opportunity for Square to really knock it out of the park with some Game Center-powered coop online play. Sure, it seems unlikely, but it would be awesome.

Either way, according to AppBank, Secret of Mana will be available later this year. The good news is, there isn't much time left in 2010. With the iTunes Connect shutdown that happens every year around Christmas, it doesn't seem like much of a stretch to expect a Secret of Mana release in the next few weeks."

If it's real of not... I guess we have to wait and find out.

:love:
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Re: Secret of Mana to iPhone?

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Front paged this.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

They've done a good job porting the ring menu to touch screen, and the graphics look nicely touched up. I'm not entirely sure on the using the touchscreen for the pad controls, but not much other option. I can see it working really well on the DS (Square, take the bloody hint!!!).

This could move me away from getting an Andriod phone and getting an iPhone instead. Will see...
invisibleham
BuzzBee

Post by invisibleham »

I love the reflection of the sky in the water!

Still, I've tried playing action games on my iphone, it's tricky. I don't know how well this one's controls will be.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Sweet potato casserole! DO WANT!!!

...but I has no iPhone. =(
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

How much do these Iphones cost? And can I use one without an expensive subscription?
Ailise
Site Admin

Post by Ailise »

Kimiko wrote:How much do these Iphones cost? And can I use one without an expensive subscription?
Actually the game will also be available on iPod Touch... which is an iPhone without the phone part.
A new iPod Touch with 8GB storage cost 229 USD and actually in Europe (check apple.com and pick your country) it usually cost 229 EUR.
There is a up to 64GB storage for 399 EUR.

An iPod Touch is pretty much the same as iPhone except no phone-network, and you connect to internet with Wi-Fi instead. Other stuff that is different from iPhone is that Touch don't have GPS or Gyroscope... but it's nothing you will miss :P

But an iPod Touch if you order from Apples web store you can engrave the back with your name or some sentence, free to choose. iPhone can't do that :P

:love:

edit: you don't have gps but still can access the maps, only that you don't get your current location, that is all :P
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

As cool as that looks I think I'll stick to the SNES. No sense buying an overpriced Apple product for one game that I already own.
bastian
Weepy Eye

Post by bastian »

If this comes to the US, I WILL be buying the iPod Touch. I will have to. I have zero interest in an iPhone, but an iPod touch would be a nice upgrade from my ancient first generation iPod Video. :/

The trees are AMAZING. The original SNES version of those trees was almost 8-bit looking. This is definitely 32. And the sky reflection on the water? Yummy!

Need in English NOW!
nick912012
Pebbler

Post by nick912012 »

The touch screen controls seems to be a bit awkward, but it looks really great. I feel like this NEEDS to be ported over to the DS, and it wouldn't take much money at all to do so. I'm going to be really upset with Square if they don't do it.
invisibleham
BuzzBee

Post by invisibleham »

They may be using this just to test the waters to see if there is enough consumer interest in the SD series or just SoM before they start porting it anywhere else.
racx_00
Eye Spy

Post by racx_00 »

If they were to release it on DS I'd love to see the SNES CD content that was removed...
Marini
Zombie

Post by Marini »

Interesting update - Apparently this is going to be released this month.... ...or slated to be
Last edited by Marini on Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nick912012
Pebbler

Post by nick912012 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3P5bca1 ... r_embedded

Apparently it is out today (or tomorrow). They keep saying that it's out right now, but they also say that its release date is December 21th. Fuuuun stuff!

Anyways, I hope it is today because it's my birthday, so I can keep thinking that Square Enix cares about me. Wait, if they really did, they'd port it to the DS.

:(
Marini
Zombie

Post by Marini »

Happy B-day!!

As I understand - it released today but it will be out in the US App store around 11pm tonight

'Secret of Mana' Hits The NZ App Store, Releasing in US Tonight