SoM video review by yours truly

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

bastian
Weepy Eye

SoM video review by yours truly

Post by bastian »

So I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned this or not, but I'm the Editor over at Zelda Universe and besides my usual editing responsibilities, I also do a lot of stuff for their YouTube channel, but I found I wanted to talk about some of my favorite non-Zelda games, so I started a series called "Games Like Zelda" and I finally got to Secret of Mana. I hope I did you proud. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEW5E3oGzII

I'm gonna be doing Final Fantasy Adventure next, I think. :D
nick912012
Pebbler

Re: SoM video review by yours truly

Post by nick912012 »

That was pretty cool. I noticed you did your first episode on Lagoon though. Me and that game have a bad history together :P....

Good job though on the video review.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Hey man, nice videos. I watched both the SoM and FFA ones.

I really enjoyed listening to them, but I think in FFA you should have talked about the story a bit more. Maybe I am just biased though cause I really love that story, haha.

I really liked where you went into the music discussion for Secret of Mana. It's awesome to hear someone who knows that they're talking about analyze the music XD. I was actually listening to Secret of Mana + the other day and realizing I don't know enough about music to really analyze what is going on. I knew you had this "games like zelda" thing going, and I had a little idea I wanted to mention to you, I dunno if it'd work out or anything though.
Anyway, I think it would be cool to see someone commentate different tracks from games and talk about them. I have no idea what could be said, but not knowing much about music I wish I knew more about why certain things just sound awesome. XD

Some constructive criticism:
Editing cuts off your words just baarely sometimes. It's not terribly noticeable but it's there.
At the beginning of the SoM video there were a lot of uhms and such, but as you got into the video that disappeared. I think that will go away as you start doing more videos though, and I think you have good scripts laid out for these.

So, have you ever seen a more adorable cactus? :P
lilcactus.jpg
lilcactus.jpg (253.06 KiB) Viewed 5982 times
coqui
Polter Chair

Post by coqui »

Good series. Do you know Chronicles of Radia War? Its like nes Zelda, but with multiple characters at once.

More rpg elements, but if you did Ys this should be fine.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Wow I've never heard of that game, but those screnshots have me really interested. Gonna have to look into that.

EDIT: and since the move destroyed the picture I uploaded:
Have you ever seen a more adorable cactus?
Have you ever seen a more adorable cactus?
lilcactus.jpg (253.06 KiB) Viewed 5966 times
bastian
Weepy Eye

Post by bastian »

Awwwwwwww, your Lil' Cactus! So cute!

Thanks for the kind words and constructive criticism. It's funny that you mention I don't talk about the story... I noticed that myself recently. I basically never talk about the stories of the games, which is weird, because that's a huge part of a game. Odd.

I'll look into that game... but is it only in Japanese? Is there no fan or official translation? I don't play non-English games. :P

Sheexy, that's an interesting idea about reviewing specific songs. I'll think about that one.