Seiken Densetsu 3 Retrospect + Operation Manafall

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

rpgfanatic
Rabite

Seiken Densetsu 3 Retrospect + Operation Manafall

Post by rpgfanatic »

Hello, my name is Carey Martell and I host a Youtube Partner channel called The RPG Fanatic Show. We revamped the website to be waaay more Web 2.0 friendly, allowing people to submit their own videos and create a better, more accurate encyclopedia of RPG games than what Wikipedia offers.

Now that the site is setup like this, I felt that movements like Operation Rainfall would really be benefited by our site's design because a publisher can go to one location to see all the videos people are uploading about a title. So I started thinking about what game has not gotten the love it deserves and the first that came to mind is Seiken Densetsu 3.

So I have made a video about it to help educate those unaware of the title and launched a Facebook community called Operation Manafall to further empower people to use Facebook to spread the message.

http://rpgfanatic.net/advanced_game_wik ... Densetsu+3

I was going to submit this to the site but your form seems down due to "spam", so I registered and account and hope you'll see the value in what we're doing. The FB group was announced a few hours earlier today and already we've got 21 likes on the FB page for Operation Manafall.

PS : This Operation will also try to convince Square to develop new titles in the series, since they seemed to have put it on the back burner because it's not "mainstream" enough.
Zergrinch
Kid Goblin

Re: Seiken Densetsu 3 Retrospect + Operation Manafall

Post by Zergrinch »

I wish you the best of luck, although i feel that the massive failure that was the World of Mana series probably convinced Square this series is no longer viable.

A minor nitpick, but I cringed every time you mangled a Japanese name (poor Hiroku Kikuto!) Also, Seiken is pronounced as "Say ken", not "Sigh ken"...
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

I really hope we can convince Squeenix that a Seiken Densetsu 3 rerelease/remake is very much wanted, RPGFanatic. I don't use FaceBook though. How can I help? Is there a website or something?
Zergrinch wrote:I cringed every time you mangled a Japanese name (poor Hiroku Kikuto!)
..said he, misspelling 'Hiroki' himself.. ^-^;
rpgfanatic
Rabite

Post by rpgfanatic »

I don't pretend to be a native speaker of Japanese, but I tried. ><

We are going to setup a website for Operation Manafall on my gaming site http://www.rpgfanatic.net
I already have the domain name http://www.operationmanafall.com reserved for a direct link to the Operation Manafall page when it is completed, which will use our database to list all the Mana series games and feeds related to what people have submitted for them, and list of contacts at Square-Enix to Twitter / Email / FB and such. The page will look something like the Rpgfanatic.net front page but geared for the Mana series.

In the meantime we have the FB group, where I've got polls going to try to figure out the platforms and new features we should request the re-release have. I think if we do this kind of thing we can convince Square-Enix there is a market for the game and we can tell them exactly what features we want to see, and if the re-release has those features that gives the game the best chance of succeeding in the market.

I really think this can happen because Square-Enix has re-released many other titles, and this is one they have never done before.

If you don't have a Facebook you should at least consider making one to support this project. Facebook is one of the most powerful social network tools at our disposal and the number of people in this group will send a clear and powerful message to Square-Enix of how much demand exists for the title. I'm not the biggest journalist out there but I do receive advance copies directly from Square-Enix and I have met some of their people, so they know who I am and will pay attention when I email them about this. I believe this can work.

The FB group is here https://www.facebook.com/OperationManafall
nick912012
Pebbler

Post by nick912012 »

I saw your post on GameFAQs, and I joined your facebook group immediately. Even though our voices probably won't be heard, I'm glad someone is showing initiative. I'll do whatever I can to help out. :)
moichispa
Mushboom

Post by moichispa »

It is really great that somebody wants to help giving ideas for something like this. :D

Most if us know that possibilities aren't very high but we can't know for sure id we don't try right?

I don't have a facebook to help but tell us when you get news :-)
Zergrinch
Kid Goblin

Post by Zergrinch »

Kimiko wrote:
Zergrinch wrote:I cringed every time you mangled a Japanese name (poor Hiroku Kikuto!)
..said he, misspelling 'Hiroki' himself.. ^-^;
Come now, that was completely intentional. I know Hiroki Kikuta enough to know when his given name and surname was being mangled. :)