Secret of Mana - The Race

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Danny

Post by Danny » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:38 am

Ah, ok I'll try again Sheexy, but each time I look it doesn't really say anything about it's version. Do you have any tips for me as to where to look in properties or do you want me to send you the rom to look at? It's easier that way.

Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:42 am

When you load it up in ZSNES, it will tell you if it is PAL or NTSC at the bottom of the screen.

If it is in English and is NTSC, it is the US version.
If it is in English and is PAL, it is the EU version.
If it's in any other language, it's the country corresponding to that language.

This is the US version's info on boot up.

Also, if it is in Spanish, Catalán, or Variable Width Font English, it is the US version.

Danny

Post by Danny » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:48 am

I know that I've seen that before, but I got some newer version of snes which dosen't show me that. It just loads the game fast and automaticly.

Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:59 am

OK, what emulator are you using so we can figure this one out... Else, what is the exact ROM filename, and can you open it in any other emulator?

Or in the emulator, is there an option under say the File menu called ROM Information? If there is, copy the CRC32 or Checksum from there.

Danny

Post by Danny » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:04 am

Well if yo really want to know, I'll try to get that info to you, but I already sent my SoM rom to Sheexy to send to Dekky. My snes version is ZSNESWin 1.11, but as I said, I already sent the rom to Sheexy so Dekky will tell us. My snes's options has only stuff about the emulator, but not the roms. It's a strange one.
Last edited by Danny on Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:08 am

I've got the stuff and got it all figured out.

Everyone was level 55 when he beat it.
Turns out I've got an emulator after all.

Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:16 am

OK, I'll let them deal with it. I was following up on Deques' query as to what version it was (I'm guessing to check the SRM against) to answer his question.

Edit: Which Sheexy has now done, so I can get back to my mad little world here.

Danny

Post by Danny » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:43 am

Thanks again Sheexy. I'm glad that you found your emulator again and solved this rom case. Now we can all get back to our mad little world here like Kassidy said. Level 55 is pretty good right? I got the names from several manga including Flames of Recca and some others. 5 is also my favorite number. ^_^

racx_00
Eye Spy

Post by racx_00 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:41 pm

Well I finally have time to actually sit down and play it, the course I was doing is over. Ah well, maybe next time I'll have better luck. XD

Seriously though, congratulations Kassidy! You did a really good job again. :D

BuCUE
Ma Goblin

Post by BuCUE » Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:04 am

Damn it. I was planning to go for the lowest levels since I didn't feel like rushing through the game. But something huge (Sheexy knows about it) came up yesterday and I have to completely drop out.

Sorry to everyone involved. Something I didn't expect happened and it's rather unsafe for me to sit and play games right now.

Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:44 am

Bleh, this run was kinda a failure...
I am still playing the game, but I dont have much time or wanna play the game....

mana
Lullabud

Post by mana » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:07 pm

i am just wondering as i am new to the site and wasnt here for the last race :( .... will there be another one in the future ????

Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:19 pm

Oi, I am willing to bet we will have some more races in the future... but probably not for a while.

I am still hurting from getting through in twelve hours... that is tough stuff, hahaha.

mana
Lullabud

Post by mana » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:33 pm

well thats good to hear .... i only finished the game last about 4 weeks ago and i have ff12 to start soon so sometime in the future is great :) and yeah that is tough stuff :P