Brownie Brown is no longer.

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

coqui
Polter Chair

Brownie Brown is no longer.

Post by coqui »

Due to their recent co-development efforts, Nintendo subsidiary Brownie Brown will undergo a name change and also adjustments to its internal structure.

With Nintendo’s next generation truly underway it’s no surprise alterations are being made throughout the company.

From this point onwards, the developer Brownie Brown will be known as 1-UP Studio.

A message on the Brownie Brown website explains how the studio is being restructured to better focus on upcoming projects with Nintendo.

As part of the change, the Brownie Brown website will be taken down on the 31st of March.
source

So I guess now most of the Mana team works for Nintendo, since Koichi Ishii's company Grezzo Games is kind of Nintendo subsidiary too.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Re: Brownie Brown is no longer.

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Oh yeah I read this recently, shoulda posted it here.

Really interesting, I honestly had no idea Brownie Brown and Nintendo were as close as they were. Here is a picture of their mailbox from when I paid them a visit, guess they'll be changing this, haha.
browniebrown.jpg
browniebrown.jpg (544.38 KiB) Viewed 3618 times
I didn't get to go in, but I got some Lil' Cactus stickers and a Heroes of Mana book signed by Shinichi Kameoka.