SoM and SD3 probably not coming to virtual console on Wii

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Well bollocks... though in a sense I'm not surprised. "They will pay for their lack of vision" *Sith lightning*
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Saw this one coming from a MILE away...
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

It's one of those things that could prove utterly pointless, but I wonder if it's worth starting a Seikens petition. From past experience with these things, they don't work, but as the saying in Spanish goes "if you don't cry, you don't get milk"(1). And let's face it, in another interview Ishii-san did say that if the fans want it, it is not outside the realm of the possible.

(1) OK, technically, "Quien no llora, no mama" translates as "Those who don't cry don't breastfeed", but somehow that idea conjured up too many wrong ideas...
micron08
Lullabud

Post by micron08 »

Good grief.

Well I'm not getting a Wii.
The J Person
Grave Bat

Post by The J Person »

I'm not disappointed enough to not get a Wii. But that could be because I have a horrible Smash Bros. addiction.

As for "if the fans want it", well... it kinda seems like we're asking, but we're not really getting heard. So... I for one say, yeah, this is good reason to start up a petition - better late than never, right?

Also: Asking if the fans want it is one good way to do risk assessment. Since they've been kinda avoiding it like the plague, we'd better give them accurate data. ;)
Magus_Melchior
Grave Bat

Post by Magus_Melchior »

The thing is, a petition's been done at least a couple of times already (not to say that there's no point, mind you). I don't see why they wouldn't do it and pick up some change, but then again, Japanese game companies tend to be draconian when it comes to this.
Danny

Post by Danny »

They must think poorly of the mana games since there pretty old, but there still the best! They might not compare to the 3D graphics of todays games, but the greapics for there time, music and the story are still great. The mana games still seem to have the best music and story compared to the new games and there graphics are still good.
racx_00
Eye Spy

Post by racx_00 »

I had a feeling they wouldn't make the Wii virtual console. Hopefully we'll get SD3 one day.
rrfish
Kimono Bird

Post by rrfish »

The J Person wrote:I'm not disappointed enough to not get a Wii. But that could be because I have a horrible Smash Bros. addiction.
I am. x( Perhaps a petition wouldn't be a bad idea.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Many have tried...At best, Square-Enix will "take it into consideration," but no more than that...
Extra_Life
Rabite

Post by Extra_Life »

Well, they aren't bringing FFXI to the Wii, but it says nothing about Virtual Console games, plus Mana is not an online game (though the potential is there), and a Virtual Console port of the game would have to be just that, the original game. Its early days yet for the Wii, and I don't think its impossible that SoM won't appear on the VC. There are so many games that haven't yet been announced for the service, it doesn't mean they won't be coming out.

Incidentally, I'm always optimistic when it comes to playing SNES RPGs again...