SD2 Spinoff/Sequel/Remake Imminent?

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Dusk Requiem
Mushboom

Post by Dusk Requiem »

I was simply going over the list of Mana games the other day when something hit me-
every Mana game apart from SD2 has a spinoff/sequel/prequel/remake.
Think about it-
SD1 has Sword of Mana, and the mobile version.
SD3 has Heroes of Mana.
SD4 has Children of Mana.
Legend of Mana has Friends of Mana.

After seeing this pattern I came to the conclusion- what if Square Enix is saving the best till last? After seeing this pattern, you can certainly see how it would be logical for them to work on something for SD2. I'm aware of Secret Of Evermore, but that was hardly a Mana Title...
Discuss here.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Secret of Evermore wasn't a Seiken Densetsu title, it was made by the Square people over here in the states, they just stole the ring menu and such.

That would be really awesome if they had something in store for Secret of Mana... I really hope they do!

Oddly enough though, Secret of Mana seems to be the odd one out when it comes to the games. All the other games are pretty well connected through place names (though LoM only gets that in the item names), but SoM just has a bunch of oddball places.

Anyways, if they did an SoM thing I would most like to see maybe just a remake, but not a dumpy one like SwoM (but they wouldn't be able to screw up Willy dying, so they couldn't screw up too bad).
That or maybe something that shows what happened before the SoM story, something with the original creation of the Mana Fortress and such.
Dusk Requiem
Mushboom

Post by Dusk Requiem »

Well, Lorimar IS mentioned, I believe, via the Veedio things. So I presume Secret of Mana is far into the timeline- possibly after the wars in SD3, or Sword of Mana...
But Secret is generally the most famous Mana title out there, so... I certainly hope that they DO have something in store for us!
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Assuming they don't get utterly turned off by bad reception of the current WoM titles, it's always possible. At the end of the day it will come down to how much we bug Ishii.
Dusk Requiem
Mushboom

Post by Dusk Requiem »

Yeah, I heard that during an interview someone said something along the lines of-
"If there's enough fan response, we'll do it."
Lets wait and hope...
Hope that it isn't as bad as DoM.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Yeah, that was an Ishii line from an interview with a Square site (I can't recall which, I think I mentioned it in another post somewhere).

However, other people at Square have also said that it is not planned to happen.
Dusk Requiem
Mushboom

Post by Dusk Requiem »

Bleh, maybe not a remake then. Perhaps a novel or something? If its a novel- we have about 0.00001% chance of it appearing in the west. *Sigh*
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

Maybe it would be a remake of Secret of Mana, and call it Secret of Mana+. All those removed stuff from the original would be put back. The dialogues would be better and some enhanced graphics, such as the newest remake of Final Fantasy I and II.
It probably would be a portable remake since the portables the best for 2D games, at least 2.5D games

Making a sequel to SoM would only ruin the original story. So far I dont like new stories to games that ended well. See what they did to FFX
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Deques wrote:Maybe it would be a remake of Secret of Mana, and call it Secret of Mana+.
And it was 49 minutes and 26 seconds long...

:D:D:D
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

Maybe longer than that >.<
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Talking about the CD, hahaha.
Dusk Requiem
Mushboom

Post by Dusk Requiem »

I think a remake is most likely, bringing back all the old **** they missed, bumping up the graphics and explaining what the heck happened to all the old cities.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

Like I said, bring back those ditched materials that was probably more than 60% of the original game, and enhance the music, graphics and dialogues and voila you get the true Secret of Mana that we all want :D
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Condition on the music: Kikuta in charge.
Dusk Requiem
Mushboom

Post by Dusk Requiem »

-I'd like to see some sort of merging of the music Rising Sun and the main SoM theme, Fear of the Heavens.