SD2 Spinoff/Sequel/Remake Imminent?

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

NO! Dear God no! As much as my favourite version of Rising Sun is a version that was mixed together with Angel's Fear done by a fan in MIDI format, I don't think I could bear an official game meddling with what is already a timeless classic.

If they did that, I would have to take the game to Square myself and express my utter disgust.
The J Person
Grave Bat

Post by The J Person »

I'm inclined to agree, despite my own plans for a remix. I don't love Rising Sun *that* much.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Yeah, I would also agree with that. I didn't really like Rising Sun that much either and remixing it with Angel's Fear and the mana games would be pretty strange. Heh, it's so easy to see how SwoM was made after FFA. The FF series seems to repeat itself a it with he Chobocos and stuff.

The remakes of these timeless classics like SoM and SD3 is just confusing. The 3D grapics move the image in random directions so fast you don't even know what's happening and half the time it's super zoomed in on your character's back with doesn't yet you see what your doing.

It's like that Der Langrisser game (a strategy/rpg type game like Fire Emblem and Shining Force, but different) that got remade so much. I like the orignal's better. It's mostly about story not grapics. Don't get me wrong, good grapics are important in a game especially rpgs, but people shouldn't lose track of good stories for good grapics like today's games are.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

I vote nay for 3D remake of SoM. 3D might be bad, look at DoM.
As I said before, it should be same direction as FFI and FFII
Magus_Melchior
Grave Bat

Post by Magus_Melchior »

3D for 3D's sake (e.g. FF3 DS) isn't always a good thing. I would rather they make a new 3D game from the ground up than use 2D controls in a 3D game.

Now story, that's another matter altogether. If the game mechanics and storytelling were to take full advantage of the 3D environment, you would have a real winner. But there's this thing that game devs have to deal with called a budget...
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

A budget which will probably not see the light of day due to recent WoM sales...