Instant Messangers

A place where you can chat about whatever.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Danny

Post by Danny »

Yeah, I agree with J that I much prefer text over speech online. The IRC sounds like a good idea, but then again I'm so lazy sometimes that just logging in at the fourm seems hard. Thank the Mana Goddess for the quick to use shoutbox.

We should look more into this, but the fourm and shoutbox will always remain my top two choices for the seikens.
elfquenvik
Lullabud

Post by elfquenvik »

I use trillian, so that way I can have yahoo, aim, and msn up at the same time becuse I wuse all of them.
Marini
Zombie

Post by Marini »

I use meebo (for aim, yahoo, and msn) and, although, nobody's mentioned it, google chat :) I've never used IRC before...*Clicks on Kassidy's link*
Magus_Melchior
Grave Bat

Post by Magus_Melchior »

Trillian here, mainly because there's always someone on a different protocol...
The J Person
Grave Bat

Post by The J Person »

Trillian supports IRC chat too, doesn't it? I have a friend who's got it and she says it does, but she hasn't much idea of how to use it.
Mirron
Mystic Book

Post by Mirron »

I have AIM, it's QanirX if anyone wants to contact me. I use it more rarely than I used to though.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

Got way too many IM installed. Using WLM mostly since everybody got it. Using Gtalk when chatting with sheexy, although he also has WLM
Magus_Melchior
Grave Bat

Post by Magus_Melchior »

The J Person wrote:Trillian supports IRC chat too, doesn't it? I have a friend who's got it and she says it does, but she hasn't much idea of how to use it.
It's a bit wonky to use (they can't focus on it nearly as much as the mIRC crew does), but it's serviceable. I think you have to create a connection "account" for every IRC server in the same way you make an account for IMs.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Well, I've created an IRC channel if ever we want to use it.
#seikens
on irc.esper.net

Standard Nickserv with e-mail authentication.
Faalstar
Site Admin

Post by Faalstar »

No one's in the IRC...

Jeid
Lullabud

Post by Jeid »

I use WLM/MSN most of the time as well as IRC. I've got Yahoo and AIM accounts but they really on see use if I feel like running Trillian.