Hello! NEWBBBQ

Introduce yourself here! Farewells and returns find their home here also. Post counts do not increase here, so feel free to prolong your warm welcomes!
pallybear
Lullabud

Post by pallybear »

Hello, I'm new to the site but not new to SOM. I was in 5th grade when SOM first came out and was amazed when I first played it. I've played hundreds of games and I have to say that SOM is my favorite game of all time!

I was wondering if the PS2 Mana game was any good... I've read some rather scathing reviews and was not sure if I should pick it up. Any thoughts?
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Hey, welcome to the site!

As far as Dawn of Mana, the PS2 Mana game, goes... well, it's pretty much NOTHING like Secret of Mana. Or any of the other Mana games really. It's... odd, I dunno what to tell you about it really. Kind of just a run around and hit stuff game.

If you want a game similar to Secret of Mana your best bet is Seiken Densetsu 3. Second best bet would be Sword of Mana but that is quite a stretch.

Definitely check out the first four games though, they're the best.
Shuu
Green Drop

Post by Shuu »

Hello pallybear, welcome to Seikens! : D

PS2 Mana game was what got me into the series, it's more graphics/music with a few frustrations depending on the games you prefer. I personally thought that the reviews were a -little- too harsh. :'D
pallybear
Lullabud

Post by pallybear »

Cool thanks guys! I've played final fantasy adventure, sword of mana, and Seiken Densetsu 3 as well as SOM, but that's it. Seiken Densetsu 3 is really awesome from the 1/2 hour I played, but I just wish I could play it on a console/TV and not an emulator/computer... it's just not the same experience :-/ Still a great game though! I hope and wish they will either port SD3 on a hand held or make an anthology... wouldn't that be something :-)
Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka »

welcome to the board!

I have only played the older NES/SNES versions of SoM.

enjoy your stay on the board!
Tekka
Emberman

Post by Tekka »

Ho there.
Abdul_Moti
Specter

Post by Abdul_Moti »

Welcome aboard on board, pallybear. I am known as Abdul Moti. Make yourself at home. :D
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

Hi PallyBear! :D Welcome to Seikens!
Quemaqua
Silktail

Post by Quemaqua »

Hajimemashite! Welcome aboard.

Don't believe everything you read about Dawn of Mana. It's very different from the other games, but that doesn't make it bad. Personally I think it's great and that the reviews were unjustified.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

You're supposed to play Dawn of Mana when you're depressed.

Welcome.

Edit: I'm retarded so ignore me.
Last edited by DeadWolf on Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lucemia
Fierce Head

Post by Lucemia »

Sup homey.
ytwars
Chess Knight

Post by ytwars »

Welcome!!!!!!!
Delvar
Crawler

Post by Delvar »

Greetings Pallybear, I thought I'd greeted you already but apparently I did not. Welcome! Make sure you post often and have fun!
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Hi there pallybear,

Welcome to the site. You'll find that most people on here love the older games the most. I happen to really enjoy the newer ones as well--but I have to admit that that was before I started playing more modern games and had something to compare them to. Now I have a slightly more educated opinion. I still happen to enjoy DoM, though. The only two criticisms I have is that I think the game should have been released on the Wii and used the Wii Remote for lassoing and whipping things around since the controls for doing that on the PS2 aren't always perfect and I think that there are some areas of levels that are utterly confusing to navigate. There are two levels that I still only get through with luck and determination.

Oh, and Kyatto, what are you talking about an NES version of SoM?

Peace,

manaman