Final Fantasy Gaiden

Everything from Apple to Zerglings

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

bastian
Weepy Eye

Post by bastian »

Yup, that was the name of the first Seiken Densetsu . . . but it's also the name of a new DS Final Fantasy game. I can't wait for it, it looks awesome!

Here is the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Uw5lBx9S-U
Last edited by bastian on Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

The Trailer just shows a guy walking around. Is it an action rpg or turn based?
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Wow!

bastian, I think we have very similar tastes. This looks beyond unbelievable! I can't wait! I don't care what type of game it is--the graphics environment will make me buy it. It's a work of art!

Peace,

manaman
Shuu
Green Drop

Post by Shuu »

I laughed at these comments Kotaku made on countdown S-E made for this game. XD

"Hey look, it's some Square-Enix countdown clock..."
"Hey look, now, there is a dragon."
"And now there is a boy..."
"And now there is a girl..."

Thanks for the link! Now I'm looking forward to this even more. Definitely will make time to play this. :heart: I love the style of these games. Looks like a storybook or...like Crystal Chronicles. XD

And it's a traditional turn-based rpg, says Kotaku.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Shuu wrote:And it's a traditional turn-based rpg, says Kotaku.
The trailer did show any actual gameplay so I couldn't tell. I looks good from the trailer and Turn Based is awesome when it's done right.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Wasnt that the first SaGa game?
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

DeadWolf wrote:The trailer did show any actual gameplay so I couldn't tell.
DeadWolf,

I suppose you meant that there were no battles in the trailer, as everything else was clearly gameplay and not the usual CGI we get with Square-Enix trailers.

Peace,

manaman
Quemaqua
Silktail

Post by Quemaqua »

Holy crap, you weren't kidding. That looks fantastic. I wish I was more a fan of turn-based stuff. Actually, I can totally deal with turn-based RPGs... what I hate are random battles. Oh ye gods how I hate them.

I may get this as a surprise for my wife, though. It's really gorgeous.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

The only thing that would have made this game better would be if it was an action RPG. Still, with an environment like this, I'll take whatever they give and I'll likely enjoy it!
IrishLuiz
Wizard Eye

Post by IrishLuiz »

whoa looks incredibly beautiful! I wish it was an action rpg, although i´m pretty sure it´s gonna be turn based, what turns me off
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Quemaqua wrote:Holy crap, you weren't kidding. That looks fantastic. I wish I was more a fan of turn-based stuff. Actually, I can totally deal with turn-based RPGs... what I hate are random battles. Oh ye gods how I hate them.

I may get this as a surprise for my wife, though. It's really gorgeous.
Turn based is alright if it is done like Chrono Trigger or Mario and Luigi.

As long as it's not that half-assed real time but also turn based like in FFXII then it's cool.
manaman wrote:DeadWolf,

I suppose you meant that there were no battles in the trailer, as everything else was clearly gameplay and not the usual CGI we get with Square-Enix trailers.

Peace,

manaman
The trailer would be great mixed with a bunch of other games if one were to sell a DS.

There are many questions I ask before purchasing a game.

What's the story and what kind of game is it? Neither are shown in the trailer. Now I won't buy the game because I have no fliping clue what it's about or how it plays. Two key elements in video games if you ask me.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Key, but sometimes just the environment is enough to hook you--that what happened with me and this game.
Quemaqua
Silktail

Post by Quemaqua »

DeadWolf wrote:As long as it's not that half-assed real time but also turn based like in FFXII then it's cool.
Haha, you're talking to wrong guy. FFXII is one of my favorite games of all time, though I'm generally not that big a fan of the franchise in general.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Quemaqua wrote:
DeadWolf wrote:As long as it's not that half-assed real time but also turn based like in FFXII then it's cool.
Haha, you're talking to wrong guy. FFXII is one of my favorite games of all time, though I'm generally not that big a fan of the franchise in general.
I have XII but I've never actually did anything with it. I really don't have the time to get into it. From what I've heard is that the game is really long and some boss fights are longer than most Metroid games. I like what I have played from it but that isn't much. As far as the franchise I like 4 and 5 is the best. The rest of them I don't care much for (Well 3 is okay but hard). VIII is a joke. VII is good but not the best RPG ever like most people claim (Best ever would be Chrono Trigger or Secret of Mana). IX is pretty fun even though you play as a monkey who is a rapist. X is more of a movie than a game. I've found Crisis Core to be quite enjoyable.
Lucemia
Fierce Head

Post by Lucemia »

The environment does look pretty on there and I enjoy the old fashioned turn-based system, but if its pretty much like FF3 or 4 on the DS then I don't think I'll need to play it. Unless it has pretty cool summons in it, then maybe.