Best Controller

Everything from Apple to Zerglings

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

I never had any problems with it. Kinda the same way with the PS/PS2/PS3 controller. Just plain good, not my favorite, but nothing really to complain about.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Yeah,

I can agree with that. I think I like the GameCube controller just a little better than the PlayStations' controllers, though because the directional pad is a little more comfortable for me on the former.

Speaking of directional pads, I'm also a fan of the one on this controller which is my favorite third-party, all-purpose PC controller (mostly because of the directional pad, though also because it fits in with current gaming button configurations . . . I guess since this overall layout has become pretty popular):

Logitech Dual Action Gamepad

Peace,

manaman
Last edited by manaman on Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

Heh, directional pad looks almost identical, in design, to the 360 D-Pad. I'm assuming it at least operates better though.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

It is really smooth,

It works almost as well as the Sega Genesis controller directional pad. It has a very nice feel, is responsive and contoured nicely and doesn't require a lot of effort to press. If you're looking for something to play Flash games or PC games with, I'd recommend this one or classic controller adapters that allow you to plug standard console controllers into your USB slot by way of an adapter. Check them out here: :hof: RetroZone. Just get the adapters, please. I cringe thinking that fewer and fewer working controllers are in the world when they make the conversion to USB. . . . =(

Peace,

manaman
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

manaman wrote:... or classic controller adapters that allow you to plug standard console controllers into your USB slot by way of an adapter. Check them out here: :hof: RetroZone. Just get the adapters, please. I cringe thinking that fewer and fewer working controllers are in the world when they make the conversion to USB. . . . =(
I have one for my PS2 control It was less than $5 on Ebay. It's my primary gamepad for the most part. I use to bluetooth a remote and use the classic controller (Which I prefer over the PS2 controller) but it drains battery to do that (I have recharables but it's just a hassle... Not to mention the batteries dying in mid-game. Emulators don't pause and tell you that the battery has died like most modern systems do today).
Sheexy wrote:In Metroid Prime it's Missiles and Map, stuff that gets used enough but not too much. Though I usually use my index finger to jam the missiles if I need to.
I think the controls for Metroid Prime were flawless. Using Y for Missiles made it easy to abuse missile canceling in the first one.
Sheexy wrote:In Zelda it's got your items so that's not used quickdraw style, so it's not to bad.
I prefer the Wii Version of Twilight Princess over the Gamecube version because the controls are more fluent (And the fact that you don't have to charge for a spin attack).
Sheexy wrote:Honestly I've never played many Gamecube games that needed me to use X and Y extensively. I don't think the layout would be very good for it.
I think developers designed around that.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

DeadWolf wrote:
Sheexy wrote:In Zelda it's got your items so that's not used quickdraw style, so it's not to bad.
I prefer the Wii Version of Twilight Princess over the Gamecube version because the controls are more fluent (And the fact that you don't have to charge for a spin attack).
Oh I was just talking about the non sword items, like the boomerang etc.
I gotta agree the controls for Twilight Princess' sword fighting was pretty nice, I really liked the counter stuff Wind Waker had going though.

And yeah you and manaman are probably right, developers probably thought about that. XD
Really lucky they did, cause in some games I can't decide what people were thinking about for the controls *cough*DawnofManawhattheheck*cough*
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Sheexy wrote:. . . in some games I can't decide what people were thinking about for the controls *cough*DawnofManawhattheheck*cough*
Ha ha!

In that game more than button assignments it's a matter of wondering why they couldn't make the whip a little more intuitive considering how much you use it throughout the game.

But yeah,

manaman
Anise
Metal Crawler

Post by Anise »

SNES I loves the feel of the snes. Ive been playing it since I was three and it feels like a third limb or something. Like that mutation you get when you abosrbyour twin.........Okay forget that.creepy comment.

I also love the Gamecube contoller. Its comfortable, easy to reach with my unnaturally short thumbs and is overall smooth and comfortable to hold.
Abdul_Moti
Specter

Post by Abdul_Moti »

seeing this post reminds me for the special controller for Gran Turismo 4.

specially built for that game, that controller includes seat, gearbox and everything that's actually seen in the car. I still can feel its... um.. hard to explain. However the true downside of this controller is its compatibility in other games, such as Colin Mc Rae.

Only play with that controller once in a gaming expo. The price will choke you to death.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

That's a good point, Moti, there are some great single-purpose controllers out there.
DarthDude
BuzzBee

Post by DarthDude »

For some reason, I like the Snes ones.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

DarthDude wrote:For some reason
Could it be because it's an awesome controller? Oh, and nostalgia is a great thing, too.
Abdul_Moti
Specter

Post by Abdul_Moti »

it befriends our childhood, that's for sure. childhood memories can hardly faded away.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

What a beautiful way to express nostalgia, Moti!
DarthDude
BuzzBee

Post by DarthDude »

manaman wrote:
DarthDude wrote:For some reason
Could it be because it's an awesome controller?
Correct. I loved playing the SNES so I like the controller too.