Show me your damn browser!

Everything from Apple to Zerglings

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Quemaqua
Silktail

Post by Quemaqua »

Wow, people actually shut their computers down? I'll sleep my laptop, but it never turns off usually even if I take it somewhere, and my PC only shuts off if the power goes out. Something of a problem given the fact that the lead to the power switch is screwed up....
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Quemaqua wrote:Wow, people actually shut their computers down? I'll sleep my laptop, but it never turns off usually even if I take it somewhere, and my PC only shuts off if the power goes out. Something of a problem given the fact that the lead to the power switch is screwed up....
I fried the PSU on my old PC and I believe it was because I would never turn it off. One day it turned itself off and that was it. Now with my laptop I'll turn it off if I know I'm not going to be home for a day or two. If I'm home it stays on. If I'm out with it I will keep it off to save battery life.
DarthDude
BuzzBee

Post by DarthDude »

Quemaqua wrote:Wow, people actually shut their computers down?
I only shut mine down if mine is frozen. But there are some people I know that might think what you said is silly. Infact, my whole family shuts thier computers down all the time.
Last edited by DarthDude on Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lucemia
Fierce Head

Post by Lucemia »

Yeah I turn my laptop on and off once or twice a day. But then again thats because I don't really have constant internet access with it. The only time I have internet with it is if I'm at my dad's or at the library. I usually just use it to listen to music.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

I've just found it's safer to shut my computers down. Not to mention it saves on the electric bill. If I'm not at it, why have it on? As far as my Mac is concerned, it may take an extra ten seconds to start than it would to resume from hibernating.