Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Quemaqua
Silktail

Post by Quemaqua »

I'd love to. I have all the others.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Quemaqua wrote:I'd love to. I have all the others.
You seem interested in this. We should talk on skype...

I'm still doing Bowser's Inside Story and Metroid Prime Trilogy. When ever I finish one I'm going to do FFVI now that I have a working copy on my PSP.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

iPod Touch gaming! This time Blades of Fury which I strongly recommend if you like fighting games and have an iPod Touch of iPhone. The game is incredibly good and I don't mean "incredibly good for an iPod Touch game" but I really mean it's incredibly good! It's a very solid and sophisticated game with a terrific control scheme that is really intuitive and actually works. In some ways I prefer it to fighting games with actual buttons which I know sounds ridiculous!

Oh, and today Square-Enix launched Sliding Heroes which is kind of fun. I had to buy it because I'm a sucker. What can I say? I went back to Blades of Fury but I'd still recommend Sliding Heroes.
Lucemia
Fierce Head

Post by Lucemia »

I'm playing two-player on Tales of Vesperia with my brother.
Abdul_Moti
Specter

Post by Abdul_Moti »

at last, Front Mission 3 finished, just seeing the other way to reach the end.

now, along with my li'l brother I'm playing World's Most Scariest Police Chases.
Lucemia
Fierce Head

Post by Lucemia »

Just started .hack//G.U. Rebirth right after finishing Roots. Man I haven't been this enticed in a story in quite a while. I just can't wait to see what happens next!
DarthDude
BuzzBee

Post by DarthDude »

Link to the Past, trying to get to the "Chris Houlihan room."
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

DarthDude wrote:Link to the Past, trying to get to the "Chris Houlihan room."
As many times as I have played through and 100% that game I have never found that room. I think the videos you see are ROM hacks. I shouldn't say that because I never actually went out of my way to look for it.

I've picked up Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days. I'm one the fence with this one. It seems like questing in World of Warcraft to me and it's really boring. You talk to a guy at the castle, do a mission (usually kill something), and return back to the castle. I was hoping that after the 7 day tutorial the game would pick up but much to my chagrin it hasn't. Does the game get any better?
DarthDude
BuzzBee

Post by DarthDude »

DeadWolf wrote:
DarthDude wrote:Link to the Past, trying to get to the "Chris Houlihan room."
As many times as I have played through and 100% that game I have never found that room. I think the videos you see are ROM hacks. I shouldn't say that because I never actually went out of my way to look for it.
The room is real, I just got to it yesterday. It took me like 50 tries though. Man, I wish I had pics becuase I bet it's a one-time-thing only.
Last edited by DarthDude on Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lucemia
Fierce Head

Post by Lucemia »

Hmm. I was thinking about getting 358/2 Days but I might hold off on it because that doesn't sound like incredible fun. That's ok though because I have more than enough to attend to. Hell there's nearly an infinite number of things to do on Dissidia alone.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

DarthDude wrote:The room is real, I just got to it yesterday. It took me like 50 tries though. Man, I wish I had pics becuase I bet it's a one-time-thing only.
Nah, it can happen any number of times. The room is just where the game sends you when it messes up loading the data for a dungeon or a room from the game. That's why Deadwolf suggested the videos were rom hacks, cause people could hack the rom's memory while it's playing in order to make the room show up 100% of the time, cause otherwise it's super rare as you've found out. XD

I've never been able to get to it myself.

Apparently in the GBA remake of the game they took Chris Houlihan's name off the plaque in the room, guess the contest to get his name into the game didn't apply to remakes.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Sheexy wrote:
DarthDude wrote:The room is real, I just got to it yesterday. It took me like 50 tries though. Man, I wish I had pics becuase I bet it's a one-time-thing only.
Nah, it can happen any number of times. The room is just where the game sends you when it messes up loading the data for a dungeon or a room from the game. That's why Deadwolf suggested the videos were rom hacks, cause people could hack the rom's memory while it's playing in order to make the room show up 100% of the time, cause otherwise it's super rare as you've found out. XD
Speaking of ROM hacks I wonder if the room, or something similar, appears in Parallel Worlds? I'm afraid to try because I know I would spend like 4 hours to get there only for it to be an insta-death room.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

What do you mean Parallel worlds? Do you mean the dark world, or was it some kind of fan game or something?

Also I'm really itching for a game to play lately. Thinking about getting Fallout 3 but I'm not so sure.

Played me some Mario Bros. 2, really fun game, I used to hate it when I was younger but now I find it pretty entertaining.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

I've been rocking the Virtual Boy lately. Man! That system is WAY underrated! Almost every game released for the system is quality. Poor Nintendo is just finally acknowledging its existence. . . . :D
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Sheexy wrote:What do you mean Parallel worlds? Do you mean the dark world, or was it some kind of fan game or something?

Also I'm really itching for a game to play lately. Thinking about getting Fallout 3 but I'm not so sure.

Played me some Mario Bros. 2, really fun game, I used to hate it when I was younger but now I find it pretty entertaining.
It's a ROM hack of A Link to the Past. It's pretty much a fan Zelda game that is really hard. It had updated graphics, a unique story, and a massive new map. It's its own game. Google it or Skype me if you are interested in playing.

If you want to see the game in action...
http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/PW/