What games are you playing?

Everything from Apple to Zerglings

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

hawklise33
Ma Goblin

Post by hawklise33 »

i've never tried though.
anyhoo, i know what happen in the ending. 8)
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

I've been so busy that I haven't played any games recently. I've been resisting the urge to pick up Chrono Trigger and play it again. Not until after I catch up on some homework.
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

I finished Crystal Chronicles: Echoes Of Time the other day. It was a lot of fun. In some ways it was improved from CC: Ring Of Fates. No more impossible Lilty pot tricks. In fact, you don't really need any extra party members. I played the whole game with just my Selkie. What this game really needs though is a proper Save option. Having a Save Stone only at the end (right before the boss) of the dungeon is soo frustrating in the harder/longer dungeons. If you die, you have to start all over from the beginning. Aside from the main storyline, the only 'quests' are 'do X to all the Y within the time limit' things. Not my style, so I didn't do any of them. It would be more fun if they were real quests, integrated into the world.
Delvar
Crawler

Post by Delvar »

I've recently dug out the DS and it's games and I've been playing Children of Mana. I enjoy it most of the time but it's something I can't play for hours on end like the other games. It gets too repetitive and dying on one of the last floors of a dungeon is so effing frustrating.

Other than that, I've been wanting to finish The World Ends With You, Devil Survivor, and some other titles, I've added a few unfinished ones to Backloggery but the problem with that site is WHERE DOES IT END?!?!?! D: Do I just add absolutely every game I own, have owned, rented, completed etc? AAARGH!!

Been playing WoW in the background also but I'm not as in to it due to guild problems and other drama. I still log on to do daily quests but bleh.

Anyway, later on today I'm gonna dig out my SNES and play some Super Mario World. Wooo!!
DarthDude
BuzzBee

Post by DarthDude »

Super Metroid.
Abdul_Moti
Specter

Post by Abdul_Moti »

it's been raining out here, so here comes the 'mana' season.
I plan to finish HoM, completing SD 3 and CoM and take a trip to Lumina in LoM, I always like the BGM because it sounds like gamelan (traditional Javanese music). But it's after I master Castlevania - Order of Ecclesia in hard mode with maximum level 1 and death ring, which means one hit kill for the foes.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Abdul_Moti wrote:it's been raining out here, so here comes the 'mana' season.
I plan to finish HoM, completing SD 3 and CoM and take a trip to Lumina in LoM, I always like the BGM because it sounds like gamelan (traditional Javanese music). But it's after I master Castlevania - Order of Ecclesia in hard mode with maximum level 1 and death ring, which means one hit kill for the foes.
You have to do Castlevania 64 with Reinhardt... It's more fun like that.
Delvar
Crawler

Post by Delvar »

I've also picked up Killer7 for PS2 as well... man it's a complicated game, but very awesome.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Delvar wrote:I've also picked up Killer7 for PS2 as well... man it's a complicated game, but very awesome.
My cousin liked that game and played it a lot.
Seemed interesting but I'm not sure about a first person shooter on rails. Definitely a fun visual style though.

Once again I've kind of gone out of the loop and haven't played any games in ages. Tried picking up my DS to do something but just couldn't concentrate on it.

Really wish I could get into a netHack kick again cause I've still got that Rogue who is close to beating it, I just don't have time to sink into a game that intense. XD
Abdul_Moti
Specter

Post by Abdul_Moti »

that is a good idea, but I am more capable in controlling female character in most games I have played. I'll try it later after beat the game with Carrie.

DeadWolf, have you played Castlevania - Legacy of Darkness in N64 yet? it occurs in the same castle in Castlevania 64, as I have realized.

.. I have a certain reason for keep playing Castlevania series, as well as SD series. maybe I'll tell you in my thread.
Last edited by Abdul_Moti on Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Delvar wrote:WHERE DOES IT END?!?!?! D: Do I just add absolutely every game I own, have owned, rented, completed etc? AAARGH!!
Yup! :)

Seriously, that is my goal, though right now I'm just adding the games that are here with me. When I bring the others over here or have access to them, I will put them in. I figure keep it to what is accessible to you.

I really don't care if I have a bad rating. I just like knowing where I'm at in a particular game. Sometimes I think I've beaten ones I haven't or vice versa.

PS: Oh, and A Boy and His Blob is AMAZING! I love everything about it except that there aren't save slots. Otherwise, the game is FANTASTIC!
Last edited by manaman on Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

manaman wrote:Oh, and A Boy and His Blob is AMAZING! I love everything about it except that there aren't save slots. Otherwise, the game is FANTASTIC!
Is it a remake of the original or a brand new game?

If it's not obvious from my other thread I'm playing Zelda 2.
Delvar
Crawler

Post by Delvar »

@Manaman - Yeah, I'm trying to add games that I have around me at the moment and then add more when I go home. I'm not even going to try to remember and add all the games I've completed throughout my life, so I'm treating this as my chance to replay everything and record it on Backloggery. I certainly don't have an excuse to be bored :p

I'm gonna give Boy and his Blob a go since you think it's amazing!

@Sheexy - The rail thing is kinda annoying at first since it makes it hard to aim at enemies running right at you at times, but you get used to it after the first few rooms and it comes fairly easily. Although when you stop and start playing again it might take a few mins to get readjusted because it's such a different play style.

I'm totally addicted to Animal Crossing: Wild World. I don't have any friends who play it, so if you do and would like to visit/like me to visit, PM me your friend code! :D
Last edited by Delvar on Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

A Boy and His Blob is a totally unique game. It plays slightly differently from the original games in that you have unlimited jelly beans. It's also pretty easy. But it's gorgeous and simple and fun--things I think many video games have been forgetting to be these days. I love it. I don't know that it will be for everyone.

Oh, and it's made me and my wife say "Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. . . ." a bunch of times so far. :D
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Delvar wrote:I'm totally addicted to Animal Crossing: Wild World. I don't have any friends who play it, so if you do and would like to visit/like me to visit, PM me your friend code! :D
I sold my copy of Animal Crossing: Wild World because the game is pointless and it was wasting my time (I was addicted).

I've gotten to Ganon's Tower in Zelda 2 and I must say that Zelda 2 is one of the hardest games I've played in a while.