Tiny bit of Seiken Densetsu 3 non-news

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Kimiko
Tropicallo

Tiny bit of Seiken Densetsu 3 non-news

Post by Kimiko »

Posted on Andriasang:
Final Fantasy V and VI Have 'Technical Issues' on DS wrote:Someone asked Hashimoto for an update on possible DS ports of Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy VI. Hashimoto's response was "For FF5 and 6, there are technical issues as well, so at present these are also undecided."

He said "also" because a previous poster had asked about possible download release for Super Famicom's Seiken Densetsu 3. Hashimoto's response here was, "This is also at preset undecided."
(emphasis mine)

Original Twitter post by Shinji Hashimoto here (in Japanese).
Marini
Zombie

Re: Tiny bit of Seiken Densetsu 3 non-news

Post by Marini »

That would be fantastic if SD3 was ported and localized. I wonder what the "technical issues" could be?
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

The technical issues are with FFs 5 and 6. Maybe they're having trouble with making them 3D?
Fates
Lullabud

Post by Fates »

Tech issues are probably cramming the games on a DS card. FF4 just about ate up the whole unit.

Also, it seems pretty specific about "download release" for Seiken Densetsu 3, so even if it does happen, it'll probably be on phones or Virtual Console, and neither of those methods will likely see a translation.
Trang
BuzzBee

Post by Trang »

How I'd love a remake for SD3. Translation and maybe even some new content or little 3D rendering.