2 cool sd fan games

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

bastian
Weepy Eye

Re: 2 cool sd fan games

Post by bastian »

@ Hawk: I'd also sent him several emails and had never gotten a response. So my recent one (yesterday) letting him know I was translating the second game and would like to do the same with the first . . . I didn't really expect a response. However, he did. :) He explained that he'd had problems with his old email but that his new email was working just fine.

Also, I thought you guys would be interested in knowing that I'm now halfway done! At this rate, I think I will be done within two weeks. (!)
Hawk
Blat

Post by Hawk »

bastian wrote:@ Hawk: I'd also sent him several emails and had never gotten a response. So my recent one (yesterday) letting him know I was translating the second game and would like to do the same with the first . . . I didn't really expect a response. However, he did. :) He explained that he'd had problems with his old email but that his new email was working just fine.

Also, I thought you guys would be interested in knowing that I'm now halfway done! At this rate, I think I will be done within two weeks. (!)
Cool,Ill try sending him a message-
And...The message you sent him was in english right?
bastian
Weepy Eye

Post by bastian »

@ Hawk: Actually, yes and no. I wasn't sure whether he spoke English or not (his entire site and everything is in Portuguese) so I wrote it in English and let Google Translate give me a Portuguese version and I included both versions.

Update: I hadn't taken into consideration things like item/weapon/spell/armor names and descriptions when giving my progress reports: I was only thinking of the actual dialogue in-game. So with that in mind, I'm still only about half way done, maybe a little less.
bastian
Weepy Eye

Post by bastian »

The deed is done!
http://www.mediafire.com/?x5but2zgzq0peej

I know I said it would take weeks or whatever, but just call me Scotty.

Actually, it's not 100% done. I can't find the Item/Weapons/Armor/Skills descriptions ANYWHERE in the programming to translate. Not that they really matter (I'm sure everyone knows what a Round Drop does, yes?) so I've contacted MogHunter to point out where to find that stuff, because they're not in the usual place (nor the ten other stranger places I looked) so . . . I hope you don't mind that too much. If he gets back to me so I can fix those, you can upgrade to that newer version and simply keep your same save file and all will be well.

I haven't played it through yet. I'm working on translating Memories of Mana 1 right now. So I'd really, REALLY appreciate it if someone could play through pretty quickly and send me screenshots of any weird typos or anything. It's even totally possible that I could have missed entire lines of dialogue due to how RPG Maker XP games are set up. So don't be surprised if you come across a Portuguese line or two, just please take a screen shot of it and send it to me. :D

Hope you all have fun!
Last edited by bastian on Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

Is it supposed to be an EXE file? I thought it would be in Flash or Java or something.
bastian
Weepy Eye

Post by bastian »

Yup, it's an exe.

The program it was created in does not use java or flash.

EDIT:
I heard back from MogHunter and was able to find and translate the last bits that I couldn't find in the game (he hid them in a very strange way to avoid cheating, ha!) so I have a new version for you all:
http://www.mediafire.com/?x5but2zgzq0peej

I've also started on translating the first game and am about a third done. If you want to hold off on playing Memories of Mana 2 until after Memories of Mana 1, you won't have long to wait. Probably two weeks at the most, but really probably only about a week.

:D
Trang
BuzzBee

Post by Trang »

I'm Brazilian (thus my mother language is Portuguese) so I could help if you get stuck in any part of it.

I'm sorry I can't help with the whole thing, I'm just too busy.
bastian
Weepy Eye

Post by bastian »

Just a heads up:
I expect to have Memories of Mana 1 translated by tomorrow or the next day. Plan your schedules accordingly. :P

I put in a 12 hour day on it yesterday because. . . I don't know why. Some form of OCD, I think. :P
bastian
Weepy Eye

Post by bastian »

Both Memories of Mana games are now translated into English for your enjoyment!

Memories of Mana 1:
http://www.mediafire.com/?wwvlcopx8i73pd7

Memories of Mana 2:
http://www.mediafire.com/?o31dpgvt83jou4w

EDIT:
Updated urls for both games, as I redid some textual graphic stuff, nothing major.

EDIT AGAIN:
A player found some parts in MoM1 that I missed, so I've translated those and updated the link.

EDIT YET AGAIN:
A player found some more Portuguese I had missed in MoM1. I translated them and updated the link.
coqui
Polter Chair

Post by coqui »

Dude, I made this account just to let you know what a great job you did with the translations. I was making my own a while back, but yours a superb. Keep the good work. By the way, you should post them in RPG MAKER forums so others can play them.