What's your place like?

A place where you can chat about whatever.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

What's your place like?

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

I thought this would be kinda fun. Even if no one else adds pictures y'all can at least laugh at how nerdy my room is.

Here is a picture from one side of my room at my parent's place. I'm living here for a bit until I go away for grad school (not sure where yet..)
room.jpg
room.jpg (228.69 KiB) Viewed 13304 times
As you can see my room is super nerdy and hilarious.
The Mario Bros. movie was absolutely terrible, but having Bob Hoskins and John Leguizamo salute you and give you a thumbs up in your room is pretty awesome. Right? ... right? ..... right?

Up on top of my Mana display there are some glass vases my mom got me, and a teddy bear from when I was a baby sitting inside of a cup I got and decorated at a camp I went to a long time ago. I kinda tend to decorate my room with stuff from different times in my life.

Above those is a weird cubby hole thing my dad built into the room, got a dragon statue thing I painted in highschool as well as a Futurama President Nixon I made for a history project back in highschool.

On the right side of the Mana collection I've got an official Texas historical marker that they use to mark important places around the state. For some reason that one was sitting broken at my grandma's house (I guess she was on the town committee for that stuff) and she said I could have it. Below that is a hubcap from my car. For some reason I had an extra one, and this one was the only one painted blue so I thought it'd be a neat decoration.

Up above my closet I've got the other part of the Mario cut out, and also the Sheexy pixel that Kassidy made for me.

Under that is a few more things from the Mana collection, the LoM picture frame, trading cards and a shellblast pencil holder I made.

I love how the Mana display looks like it belongs in a museum or something. The collection itself has the guidebooks and collectible things up top along with the SoM art that Shuu sent me. In the middle are the games, boxes, manuals and some comic books for the series. The bottom shelf contains misc. stuff like CDs, artbooks, Nintendo Powers and some other random stuff.

But yeah, that's one wall of my hilarious room. The other walls aren't worth showing right now; I need to hang some posters up and get rid of my ancient TV that died. Also one of my "windows" is actually a giant black tarp stuffed with insulation because my dad is still working on building this house. XD

So what's your place like?
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Re: What's your place like?

Post by Duran »

Yo Mario, don't confuse me with John Leguizamo.
He didn't have a mustache, but at least the homie was a bro. (Like in 'To Wong Foo'.)
I like 'The Pest', and I really really liked the Clown from 'Spawn'.
But when they cast him as Luigi, baby, that was just wrong. (Yeah that was just wrong. Wrong.)

Oh, here's mah roomz
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Is this nerd stuff or whole room?
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Can be whatever, I only showed that wall of my room though cause my other walls are much less interesting. XD
Tomoji
Evil Sword

Post by Tomoji »

oh how fun xD

I'll have to take of my room soon..it's a bit messy right now
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

I took a picture and noticed that you can see a check stub with my name and address on it clear as day. I guess I need to clean up a little too.
Ailise
Site Admin

Post by Ailise »

My room sucks... i have nothing on there, but a big bed and a small tv >.<
no stuff on the wall...
Kimiko
Tropicallo

Post by Kimiko »

Which room of the house should I take a picture of? The computer room or the living room? I think I'll do both.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

I'm in the boat of "requires cleaning prior to photo". Will do when poss.
Anise
Metal Crawler

Post by Anise »

Nyuuu! I'll have to post a pic once I move houses. >w> *is moving in like...1-2 monthes*
MemberBlue
Rabite

Post by MemberBlue »

Sheexy your seiken densetsu collection is mighty and incurs jealousy from my depths..but moreso does the mario bros on your wall :P

My room is very plane these days, but I'll take a photo soon. Since I'm living at my gramma's, the whole house sans my room has the homey-feel going for it..except for my movie collection in the living room full of violent b-movies :party:

This was a wall of my most previous room, with stolen blue light from my roommate's job, and acquired bruce lee drawing by an unkown artist...

Last edited by MemberBlue on Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

I get the rest when I decide to actually clean.
Tomoji
Evil Sword

Post by Tomoji »

finally had time to clean my room C:

artbooks, manga and slowly growing mana pile ;v; I need to get a display case soon...

my cat was sleeping while I was taking pictures xD
MemberBlue
Rabite

Post by MemberBlue »

Tomijo- what a beautiful peice of cat-shaped furniture :P

Here's my room, uncut and durty (loljkjk its pg).

bed corner, gramma-made pillow cases, fan painted on in a day of rage long ago, dream/random thought notebook.

my 'media' area in the corner of my room, with an snes and vcr that work when they want to :( also some ff9 figures, a beheaded rose (legend of dragoon) figure that needs to be fixed...and other random crap.

my gigantic closet! Extra futon fits perfectly if someone needs to stay there, tons of crap sitting around..

my 'collection' under my computer, a few sd3 doujins, sound tracks, other game stuff...very unorganized and unloved these days :(
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

I'm game. Pics are from a couple of months ago, but everything is unchanged with the exception of getting a new computer in that amount of time: