Secret of Mana to iPhone?

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Kimiko
Tropicallo

Re: Secret of Mana to iPhone?

Post by Kimiko »

It's already December 21 over in Japan. Maybe that's what they meant?

Anyway, happy Birfday! Image
nick912012
Pebbler

Post by nick912012 »

Thanks! And oh no, they mixed up the bios for Purim and Popoi on the main website!

http://dlgames.square-enix.com/som/en/

:o
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Oh wow I thought it was just a port until I saw the video. They actually touched up some things.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Also interesting is that, at least with the intro text, they've made some alterations (taking advantage of the variable width font and what not). Things getting curiouser and curiouser.

I might have to see if I can't get an iPod Touch or something to play this. Yes, I'm that bad...
Marini
Zombie

Post by Marini »

I happened to have just enough left to buy this. Now, I hadn't played SoM in years but I was happily amazed how everything came back to me :)

While I can't speak to any technical improvements or mishaps, I have to say SoM looks quite beautiful and familiar on my iPod Touch. One odd thing was the virtual joystick was a pain for me at first as I found myself lining Randi up to make sure I got the hits in. I'm usually okay with virtual joysticks but for some reason, I was getting hit a lot more than I expected to :* Perhaps I just need to get use to it. In any case, the nostalgia was awesome enough for me to get Randi to Potos and the Mantis Ant! :-D

I'm actually more excited that the soundtrack was released alongside the game.
nick912012 wrote:Thanks! And oh no, they mixed up the bios for Purim and Popoi on the main website!

http://dlgames.square-enix.com/som/en/

:o
You know - I kinda feel like contacting SE about that....
nick912012
Pebbler

Post by nick912012 »

You know - I kinda feel like contacting SE about that....

Hehe! I already did! I told them over facebook, and they fixed it! They even responded to me! I have made a difference! This is the greatest birthday ever! (well, it was yesterday, but I'll still count today's accomplishment to it!)

http://www.facebook.com/#!/permalink.ph ... hare_reply

Oh, and some gameplay vid my friend sent me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNCEK_Ok ... r_embedded

I'm really excited about this, for some reason, despite not being able to play it!
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

No multiplayer?? What?
What is Secret of Mana without the multiplayer part?
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Late happy birthday nick!

I'm really interested in any changes they've made in this... also it's interesting to see Purim is actually Primm, I just went through all my Japanese guides I have and they never once write her name in English, so maybe it was supposed to be that all along.

I kinda dislike how some of the graphics fit together, but I'd really love to see them all.
Need to get this somehow XD
bastian
Weepy Eye

Post by bastian »

Happy Late B-Day, Nick!

Yeah, I'm seriously thinking about getting an iPhone just for this. Besides, three buttons on my ancient Razor just stopped working (making texting impossible) so... that's good enough reason, right? I NEEEEED to play this.

But Sheexy is right, some of the graphics I don't quite approve of. The rock walls (on either side of the river) color change is UGLY. Why they changed it from orange to brown I don't understand. Looked so much better before.
Ailise
Site Admin

Post by Ailise »

Okay, this is the first time I actually play a Mana game =D
But I bought this on the iPhone... and so far it's okay.
The only complain I got is the normal, touch-screen is not really made for gaming, so tapping on the action button does not always comply how I want and the D-pad is annoying, you wanna move left but it goes up... this is because there is no actual buttons and you get no feedback so you lose the orientation to where the D-pad and Attack button is.
nick912012
Pebbler

Post by nick912012 »

Woohoo! My friend is givin' me his iPod Touch! Only down side is that is has a semi cracked screen...!
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Nick, where do you get these friends, and how soon can they be relocated? ;) J/K, good on ya.
bastian
Weepy Eye

Post by bastian »

Nick! No fair. :P I was pricing used iPod Touchs on eBay and they weren't exactly cheap. Grrr. I might have to go all the way and just splurge for an iPhone.

I wish SE would just release this for the DS! Or even for the 3DS for the 3D effect and local wifi playability. Grr.
nick912012
Pebbler

Post by nick912012 »

Well, I'm sorry guys! :P

I haven't gotten the iPod Touch yet, but he said he should be able to get it by Tuesday! And I'm pretty happy I kept pestering my friends about how this game was being released. If I didn't, I might of not been able to get this connection.

I'm sure the iPod Touch is in pretty bad condition, but as long as the touch screen works fine, I think I can get over the cracked screen.
bastian
Weepy Eye

Post by bastian »

A question that just occured to me: did they take out the music and sound effects? Or is that something you can turn on and off? If they are still present, how do they sound?