Secret of Mana to iPhone?

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Kassidy
Site Admin

Re: Secret of Mana to iPhone?

Post by Kassidy »

No change to music of sound effects, it would seem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVkpil8j7DM

Some dialogue changes.
And the player appears to not understand the nature of the attack gauge. BUTTON MASH!!! -_-
bastian
Weepy Eye

Post by bastian »

Dialogue changes?! Could this mean we finally have a new, more accurate translation (as even the original translator admitted due to deadline and spacing constraints his version was bare bones)?
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

I suspect it will just be embellished, similar to the VWF patch out there.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Well seeing as Microsoft has a problem with making the Zune work multi-platform i decided to sell it and get an iPod Touch (Device is great. I really missed out with my anti-apple attitude). The first thing I got from the App store was Secret of Mana.

I can get some pictures and the what not if you guys are interested.
gamekrazzy
Iffish

Post by gamekrazzy »

aww man... I wish I had an iphone, this version looks so epic...
And I did notice a few differences here. for instance at the ghost... "...I entrust the sword to you..." was "...Randi...It is I who asked...The Sword..."... the original had me confused at what was being said there.
Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka »

Hey all, i haven't been here a while, but just got that game on my iPhone for two days (and then saw this thread - later).

One thing is sure, it has been re-made and it's not a ROM-2-Iphone thing or something. I've just beaten the Mantis thing in Potos, so i've been playing only for a couple of minutes.
I like it, but nothing beats a bigger screen and a real controller to hold.

EDIT: My iPhone is Jailbroken. So i didn't pay the 8 dollar (6 euro's) for the game. PM me if you are interested 8) , discuss in this thread if you don't want to mention anything about Jailbreaking.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Kyatto wrote:Hey all, i haven't been here a while, but just got that game on my iPhone for two days (and then saw this thread - later).

One thing is sure, it has been re-made and it's not a ROM-2-Iphone thing or something. I've just beaten the Mantis thing in Potos, so i've been playing only for a couple of minutes.
I like it, but nothing beats a bigger screen and a real controller to hold.

EDIT: My iPhone is Jailbroken. So i didn't pay the 8 dollar (6 euro's) for the game. PM me if you are interested 8) , discuss in this thread if you don't want to mention anything about Jailbreaking.
I'm actually interested in jailbreaking. It seems the only way to sync a 4g with ios 4.2.1 with linux is to jailbreak it.

Back on topic I find the controls to be rather decent for a touch only system. It's not ruined like the DS Zelda games. It's pretty much a controller on the screen it self. It's kind of nice to legally play Secret of Mana at work... or anyway for that fact.
gamekrazzy
Iffish

Post by gamekrazzy »

lmao... that would be nice... although I can't even play emulators at work... :D I really wouldn't be able to play period, as I work at Subway, and have to stay busy busy busy... :|
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

gamekrazzy wrote:lmao... that would be nice... although I can't even play emulators at work... :D I really wouldn't be able to play period, as I work at Subway, and have to stay busy busy busy... :|
I don't play it while I'm working. Just over lunch. I've played minecraft while working but everyone was on vacation including my boss so I could get away with it XD.
Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka »

DeadWolf wrote: I don't play it while I'm working. Just over lunch. I've played minecraft while working but everyone was on vacation including my boss so I could get away with it XD.
Sometimes i have Farmville open during work.

In the past i used public transport to get to school or work. Then i'd game for 30 minutes untill i arrived. Nowdays (2.5 years already) i own a company car and really miss the ability to game while travelling. ^_^
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

So, I had some time to play it a little bit and one thing that really threw me off is that you don't get captured by the goblins in the beginning to introduce Purim.

I also have some comparison screenshots (That I'll post when I get around to it). Particularly one of the Potos exit. The potted plant had been moved up. My guess is to stop the glitch of getting back in.
Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka »

Spoiler: show
hhmmm... on the way back from the water palace i got captured by Golbins, went in the cooking pot and met Puurim (dubble u ?).

right now leveling up before entering the Forest to find out i need an axe.
EDIT: ok, started a new game and named Randi "Deadwolf", also as proof that i'm actually playing the game ^_^ , will check on the goblins this afternoon. I'm at work atm and cannot game the whole time ^_^
Attachments
sd2.png
sd2.png (483.03 KiB) Viewed 10115 times
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

IIRC the Goblin village scene will only activate if you talk to the troops in front of the Water Palace and watch them leave. Otherwise it doesn't happen.
Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka »

o_0 interesting! i did talk to the group in my first round,and now runnig as Deadwolf i didn't... will check it within a couple of hours.

EDIT: it does! or actually does not! niiiiiiccceeee :-)
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Purim is also defaulted to Primm.

Anyone know if you can turn off that double tap a direction to run. It screws me up most of the time in the heat of battle.

@Kassidy: I want to say I talked to the troops. I may have blazed passed them with out thinking twice about it.