Looking back at SD3

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

bastian
Weepy Eye

Looking back at SD3

Post by bastian »

http://www.gamespite.net/toastywiki/ind ... nDensetsu3

Good read, but strangely doesn't mention the fan translation nor the prequel of sorts Heroes of Mana.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Re: Looking back at SD3

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Thanks for the read. The intro reminded me that back when I was in first or second grade a friend showed me a gaming magazine that mentioned Secret of Mana 2 and talked about the Mana Crystals and stuff. I just couldn't believe they were going to put crystals in the game and I couldn't understand why they wouldn't use Mana Seeds instead. Really bummed me out haha. Maybe that's why I've never been able to like SD3 as much as SoM. Haha.

The whole part talking about playing it in Japanese is kinda weird yeah.

Nice little read.
nick912012
Pebbler

Post by nick912012 »

I think I was in 4th grade when I first played SD3. My first party was Kevin, Duran, and Hawk. Of course, I didn't choose any girls :O. I ended up getting to Pedan on my first play through, but I think I stopped there. I remember I couldn't find the Mirage Palace, and I sort of got burned out. A couple years later, I did end up beating it, but of all the Mana games, SD3 is tied for the least amount of completions with Heroes of Mana with two.

Playing on an emulator just isn't as fun for me, so I'm going to attribute it to that. SD3 is a beautiful game, and I really wish it would come over to the states. I'll definitely give it another run through if it ever gets rereleased, but it seems like our Mana series is pretty much dead.

I also remember telling one of my buddies about it back then, and he thought the next day, he told me he beat the game. He got to the opening credits after you first get on the ship. Haha.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

nick912012 wrote:I also remember telling one of my buddies about it back then, and he thought the next day, he told me he beat the game. He got to the opening credits after you first get on the ship. Haha.
Haha, nice. I remember getting to that point when I played and I was just young enough to be really confused for a minute.
nick912012
Pebbler

Post by nick912012 »

I can't really remember how I reacted during that part in my first time playing SD3. I don't think I was phased too much since I turbo'd through it.