Small Bestiary Update

Archived news can be found here. (Read-only)
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

I have added enemy sprites for the LoM monsters into the Bestiary entries. They are not the best quality, but I think they look pretty good.

Looking at the Bestiary I realize that the Sword of Mana entries are very useless in it. I am considering removing the SwoM section from the Bestiary, as well as never creating a section for CoM in it. My reasons for doing this are as follows:

1) Nearly all of the enemy sprites are recycled from other Seiken Densetsu games.
2) The enemies have nothing special about them in SwoM and CoM, they are just there for you to kill. FFA, SoM, SD3, LoM and soon to come out DoM all add new things to the enemies that I can write about. In SwoM and CoM they are just there. Not much to write up.
3) Even if I did write a little about them, there is not nearly enough to merit a whole SwoM or CoM section for it there.

Now, SwoM and CoM would not go unmentioned. I'd simply move their mentionings to the main summary of the enemies, so it is not like we would be losing any information. And if SwoM or CoM provided new enemy sprites (Lullabuds for example got a new sprite in SwoM) then I would find that sprite and place it somewhere on the article.

I would like to know though, what do y'all think about removing the SwoM and CoM sections for the reasons I have listed?
Let me know on the forums!
Hero of Spirits
Ma Goblin

Post by Hero of Spirits »

good, as much fun as gameplay was for those 2, they lacked the spiritual effect the others had, I think that's a great idea.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Thank you for the input Hero!
I'm seriously leaning that direction (if you know, you couldn't tell by my post).

Probably gonna edit it all out and stuff for this Saturday.
racx_00
Eye Spy

Post by racx_00 »

Yeah the SwoM and CoM entries are pretty unnecessary. They are good games but yeah, they add nothing new to the enemies.
rrfish
Kimono Bird

Post by rrfish »

Sheexy,

These Bestiary updates are fantastic. Thank you. I love reading through them and learning more about the various beasties through out the Series. Again, thank you.

-Rev. R. Fish