State of the series address

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Seriously guys, not enough people know about this game series.

It saddens me deeply.

Just today I went to an anime convention cosplaying as Randi, and no one recognized me.
On top of being dressed like Randi, I was carrying a Rabite Plushie, and I had another Rabite Plushie perched on my shoulder the entire time.

No one knew what Rabites even were!

Granted, it was a small convention... but still! You would think at least one person would recognize a Rabite!
A RABITE!

I am deely saddened by this occurance, and I probably won't get cosplay pictures of myself up very soon because I am too overcome with grief.

This series is seriously way too overlooked, I mean, the SD series is seriously the perfect mix of Zelda and Final Fantasy. It's just great.
Or at least it used to be, the newer games don't seem to have that awesome factor the old ones had.

I am deeply saddened.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

That is very sad indeed. I think gamers are forgetting the roots all too easily. But you see, it's no wonder Square aren't remaking SD2 or 3, if that Con is anything to go by. We're a dying breed... :(
Tallon
Kimono Bird

Post by Tallon »

which convention? The one in Austin? That is a very small convention, that hardely anyone has heard of. That might be the main reason. I am sure that if you went to a big convention like A-con, people would know who you were.

ps. - post pictures please!
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

I second that notion on the pic.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

This is another reason for me to hate final fantasy. I seriously think that people overlook the mana series because of final fantasy. I also believe that people who hate final fantasy will judge the mana series based on their opinions of final fantasy because it has the same developer.

I hate final fantasy and it's a good thing I didn't let that stop me from enjoying the mana series.
Danny

Post by Danny »

It's too bad that most gamers these days just either don't know or don't like the games in the mana series anymore. They had great graphics for there time the music is great and the story is still the best even today! It's pretty sad that most people care or know about the seikens anymore. We're a dying breed indeed...
The J Person
Grave Bat

Post by The J Person »

Cheer up, don't look so glum! :o

The Seikens shall return. You will see...
*disappears into darkness*
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

Keep in mind, cons nowadays are full of what I like to call "mainstreamers," or rather people who only like the popular and mainstream material (Final Fantasy 7, Naruto, Bleach, Inuyasha, etc.). Only the really BIG otaku know who you are...

I've actually brightened the day of cosplayers who are always ignored. It makes me feel good knowing that theyre not alone.
Danny

Post by Danny »

The J Person wrote:Cheer up, don't look so glum! :o
Ah, thanks guys, I can't belive that I almost gave up hope! We're together at this fourm! I hope that more people like us will still like the mana games and other classic Japanese games, manga and anime in the years to come.
Hero of Spirits
Ma Goblin

Post by Hero of Spirits »

Yahoo!!!! NEVER LET THE MANA DIE!!!!!! MAY THIS SITE LAST A THOUSAND YEARS!!
Danny

Post by Danny »

Ha, you're right! May the seikens live forver! It looks like we already started our own little seikens cult. You gotta love those mana games! ^_^
Marini
Zombie

Post by Marini »

I'm so glad you guys have kept this site going -- too often I've passed by sites which used to be flooded with activity and are now abandoned. Then some long lost fan asks, “What happened to the site?” Forget those who don't remember; at least we do. And I hope we can keep it alive for as long as possible. Who knows -- S-E may one day see the error of its ways *crosses fingers*
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Marini! I JUST got Nintendo Power #63 in the mail (Like seriously, I JUST got it five seconds ago) and I was flipping through the Secret of Mana section and I totally saw your avatar in there!
I had no idea it came from there, that is awesome!

Off topic for the win!

Or rather, on topic! On topic because Marini is obviously aware of that the series goes by largely unnoticed, just as I did not recognize her avatar!
Or something, I dunno.
Anyways, I think it is awesome you're using such an obscure image for your avatar.
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

I miss that Mr. Moti cosplayer... -.-
Marini
Zombie

Post by Marini »

Sheexy wrote:Marini! I JUST got Nintendo Power #63 in the mail (Like seriously, I JUST got it five seconds ago) and I was flipping through the Secret of Mana section and I totally saw your avatar in there!
I had no idea it came from there, that is awesome!

Off topic for the win!

Or rather, on topic! On topic because Marini is obviously aware of that the series goes by largely unnoticed, just as I did not recognize her avatar!
Or something, I dunno.
Anyways, I think it is awesome you're using such an obscure image for your avatar.
Thanks :) Hooray for obscure avatar images うはwwwwww. I believe its Luka, and I always thought she was pretty cool for a two hundred-year-old sage! Plus, she's friends with Undine!:D

I have almost all the Mana related scans from that issue (Don't know if any are missing because I don't own it) as well as #54, #62 and #64. However, I got them from: http://secretofmana.planets.gamespy.com/
This use to be one of my favs for Mana info alas it has not been (visibly) updated since August '06. Still the site is up which is fantabulous :cool: