The numbers of SD games - 1000th post in this forum

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

Currently there are now eight Seiken Densetsu games, excluding the mobile games.

* Final Fantasy Adventure
* Secret of Mana
* Seiken Densetsu 3
* Dawn of Mana

* Legend of Mana
* Sword of Mana
* Children of Mana
* Heroes of Mana

Four of them are in the series, they are counted as SD, SD2, SD3 and SD4. The rest of games are unnumbered games.
To my question, what do we call these unnumbered games? They are not exactly spinoffs. Well at least one of them is a spinoff.

So what do we or should we call these games? Sidestories?

Thousandth post!!! Woo
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

They are like story fillers. They tie the games together and add to the great story that is Mana.
Tomnet
Chess Knight

Post by Tomnet »

Some of these are "the prequel" or "the future" of the main history of Mana (Which is for me Secret Of Mana)
There are much a "moment" in the long long history of Mana. But i think there is more sidestories this last times, better a real SD5 ? or SD6 ?
micron08
Lullabud

Post by micron08 »

I call them "I'm Brownie Brown, I'm gonna shill out boring game and attach "Mana" to the title" games.

Haha, ok... I'm bitter. It's funny, when you separate them, it really feels that way. The ones in the series (except SD4, which I haven't played) are all the good ones. The others are the lame attempts at good games.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Maybe they were not made to be an original part of the mana series, just some add-ons. I guess we can number them by the time that they were made and released in the closest order possible. Way to go, you got the 1000th post Deques!
rrfish
Kimono Bird

Post by rrfish »

Sidestories or Peripheals really.

They don't flow with the main story (i.e. sd, sd2, sd3, sd4) but they are a part of it and/or contribute to enhancing the environment, setting, and history of the Mana Series.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

so the main games should be called Main Stories and the rest Side Stories?
Danny

Post by Danny »

Hmm, that is indeed a good question. Let me see... I think that they should be called side stories since they don't have a number like the other mana games, but I'm not really sure. Maybe someone else will have a different opinon?
racx_00
Eye Spy

Post by racx_00 »

Well LoM seems to be set not long after SoM, when going by what Sheexy said about LoM. CoM is set after DoM and HoM is set before SD3.

So they are basically extensions to the main stories.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Swom is not really a side story seeing as it's a remake of FFA.