Upcoming DS Release - Heroes of Mana

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

We need to bug Square more about it.
racx_00
Eye Spy

Post by racx_00 »

Sheexy wrote:A remake of SoM would be wonderful, they have the technology now-a-days to do what they had originally planned to do with the game, they could bring back all of the things they cut out!

Man, we can dream eh? =(
I was thinking of a SD3 remake because we'd never had it. But now that you mention being able to add everything back that they cut from SoM, I'd much rather have that. It would be a dream come true! :-D
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Lotus
Grave Bat

Post by Lotus »

So there is the Boreal Hound in the first page, and the Spikey Tiger in the second.
Also, I have a crazy idea that they plan to include SD3 in Heroes of Mana.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

As far as I've been able to tell, those images are reference to the fact that HoM takes place 19 years before SD3, and there are certain plot connections, nothing more. However, if it were the unlikely case that SD3 were included, I would be very pleasantly surprised.
Lotus
Grave Bat

Post by Lotus »

What we need is a translator to translate all the stuff so we know what is going on. Then I would be satisfied.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

http://www.br2.co.jp/cgi-bin/hom_illu_list_dev.cgi?

Hey look people, Brownie Brown put up their Heroes of Mana page and they have some little drawings that are pretty cool here.

Looks like they're gonna keep adding new stuff! :D

Look at this flippin' creepy Rabite.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Bump bump.
I'm checking in from a friend's computer. Just wanted to point something out.

The name of the guy on the left is Richard and the name of the lady on the right is Valda.

Names sound familiar?
Demiforce
Chobin Hood

Post by Demiforce »

Sheexy - and did you checked the name of the lady at far right? She is Queen Altena...

Can't wait to play this game... my DS is just waiting for North America release...
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Well we finally get an extra piece to the puzzle that is SD3, and about bloody time too. Continuity, I thought I'd never see the day (though maybe I'm crying victory too soon, I dunno).
The J Person
Grave Bat

Post by The J Person »

Snazzy. So, the King of Forcena and the Queen of Altena both make returns here. Judging from the simple fact that there IS concept art of them, I'd say it's not too early to subscribe to the idea that they're going to get into (at least slightly) meaty history of SD3 - which fits with my idea that they're revisiting all the games in the series in reverse order.

A remake, though? I don't see it happening unless it's flat-out demanded.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

In anticipation of the almost imminent release of Heroes of Mana, another bulk of scans, screenshots and artwork has been released. You can find them at the following links:

http://dendenstyle.com/wflno/33/seiken- ... ew-images/

http://www.jeux-france.com/news19465_he ... mitsu.html

This game is shaping up to be one of the most anticipated releases for DS, and from the looks of it rightly so. I'm getting very impacient to get my hands on this puppy.

Of particular interest is this tidbi here:

Danny

Post by Danny »

Oh man, that skeleton of Boosakoo is very morbid! What happened to him?! I don't think that he can swim anymore! The SD3 re-makes may have better grapics and all that, but it can never compare to the original version of the game. I'm not even sure that the prople who are working on the re-makes will even release them after they are done. Not too many people still know about the mana games.
The J Person
Grave Bat

Post by The J Person »

Whoa... uhh...

I honestly don't know what to say to that.

So... what happened? Did he take too long to get away from Bucca?
Lotus
Grave Bat

Post by Lotus »

He got Zombieified, that's pretty sweet.