Anon's Weapon Sprites

Show off your mad skills and exchange creative tips.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Anon
Kimono Bird

Post by Anon »

Whelp. I was bored. So I'm making some weapon sprites. I've had a knack for designing swords. And other such weapons.

The Atlas Blade from my fanfiction, which I apologise on not updating. Its the larvel form of the Mana Sword. It holds the power of creation. I'll do the Brave Blade (Paladin Duran's Ultimate Weapon) next
Last edited by Anon on Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
The J Person
Grave Bat

Post by The J Person »

Oooooooh! Weapon designs! You, sir, have caught my eye. :-P

I'm a little curious about the design of this one, because it looks very familliar...

At any rate, if you don't mind, I'd like to try my hand at helping out somehow. A little, if you'd like. Now that my computer being a bugger won't be a problem, I should actually be able to do that sort of thing in short order.
Anon
Kimono Bird

Post by Anon »

Its supposed to look like it was originally designed to be double edged. It does look vaugely familiar, but then again, its a sword. There isn't much room for changes, its either single ended or double edged, or one of those absolutely bizzare swords.

Help? Hmmm, how so? Like help coloring or something?
The J Person
Grave Bat

Post by The J Person »

Yeah, or smoothing the end result out. It really depends. I need to improve, so if not help, it's at least good for practice. ^-^;
Lotus
Grave Bat

Post by Lotus »

It looks like that big sword the guy in FF7 had. I have no idea what the name is.
Danny

Post by Danny »

I don't know if it's just me, but it kind of reminds me of the Ice Coffin sword from ToP. Well, I think that's what it was called. It's strangely familar... Anyways, nice work on your sword Anon. I would also be willing to help you with your weapons idea like J.

I'm quite good at drawing katana swords. I used to draw them all the time when I was small and I still use them a lot in my manga drawings.
The J Person
Grave Bat

Post by The J Person »

Lotus wrote:It looks like that big sword the guy in FF7 had. I have no idea what the name is.
You're thinking of Cloud's Buster Sword. And actually... well, except for the blade itself, it doesn't resemble that so closely. The hiltguard on that thing was flat, not shaped like wings or whatever.

What Anon's was reminding me of more was a 3D construction that one of my favorite artists made... which was partly based on the Buster Sword to begin with. That artist... you didn't like his 2D art, Lotus, but I think you'd have probably liked his 3D stuff. His site's down though.

Anyhow, I'm anxiously awaiting more. :-P
Danny

Post by Danny »

It also kind of reminds me of the great sword from Shining Force 2. I'll try to get a few pics of them of their sites, but so far I'm not finding anything. Heck, I'll just get a screen shot of them then if I can't find it on the web.
Anon
Kimono Bird

Post by Anon »

Lotus wrote:It looks like that big sword the guy in FF7 had. I have no idea what the name is.
((Requesting this thread beith moved to Creative, as I will not be doing all them SD weapons))

I'm so sick of people saying that every moderately large, single edged sword looks like the Buster Sword. I used to like Final Fantasy VII, until its oversized fandom smacked me in the face. Its too popular for its own good.

And Danny, you need to scan some of your stuff and put it on. I want to see it. ;P

Anywho

This is the Eclipse. Sorta random.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Anon wrote:And Danny, you need to scan some of your stuff and put it on. I want to see it. ;P
That I will do. I've drawn some awesome katana swords. I'll whip up a great looking one for you to see! All right, let me start some sketches. Which reminds me that I still have to join a site to post images and do my enemy/boss sketch for my manga drawings topic.^-^;

Well, it's summer and after the exams are done I can start working on my drawings again. And I'll get some time to hopefully join a picture posting site when I get high speed internet back on my xp. I don't have a lot of time to use my older sister's xp after she comes home.
The J Person
Grave Bat

Post by The J Person »

Anon wrote:
((Requesting this thread beith moved to Creative, as I will not be doing all them SD weapons))

I'm so sick of people saying that every moderately large, single edged sword looks like the Buster Sword. I used to like Final Fantasy VII, until its oversized fandom smacked me in the face. Its too popular for its own good.
It's more than just too popular. Have you seen Bleach? The "really big sword" trend seemed to have started with FF7, and just went nuts from that.

I myself am up for a design that is just as bulky, but has more function to it than just being a huge-ass blade that has a very long cutting aparratus and not much else in the way of usefulness (except maybe as a shield). At any rate, Bleach made a good point - using big swords indoors is stupid, if not impossible.

I need to do more weapon designs myself. And not just swords.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Moved. I suspected this would need to go in Creativity. ;) The sword is a nice start, btw. There are some similarities to some of Cloud's swords from Advent Children, but as said, swords are effectively all similar (barring those in FFTA artwork, haven't worked out how on earth they cane up with those yet).

Keep up the good work.
Danny

Post by Danny »

The J Person wrote:
Anon wrote:

It's more than just too popular. Have you seen Bleach? The "really big sword" trend seemed to have started with FF7, and just went nuts from that.

I myself am up for a design that is just as bulky, but has more function to it than just being a huge-ass blade that has a very long cutting aparratus and not much else in the way of usefulness (except maybe as a shield). At any rate, Bleach made a good point - using big swords indoors is stupid, if not impossible.

I need to do more weapon designs myself. And not just swords.
I don't really like those huge bulky swords. Their kind of fake and impossible to use. They would not be accurate and you would have to be really huge, tall and strong to use them. Unlike most guys that do in animes, mangas and games which are not at all like that. I think that its done just for shock effect and to give characters an extra boost of power which they would not normaly and like in Bleach and Inuyasha.

That's why I prefer the Japanese samurai and ninja long katana swords. Their curved and very sharp which is good and used a lot in 'one shot kills' and in various other types of attacks. The standard European knight sword is also very good, but since it's straight, you can't kill in one shot by withdrawing it out and slashing your opponents like with the katana sword.
Anon
Kimono Bird

Post by Anon »

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance...I found those designs very creative, and cool. The sort of fanatsic thing I love to see.

And just to clarify, the Atlas Blade is not huge like Buster Sword. Its a two handed sword. 3-foot blade, maybe 1 foot grip. Basically about the same size as the Mana-Sword, seeing as how it is...the mana sword in my fanfic.

I think the sword from Bleach, the Zangetsu, has an interesting design. Nobody mentioned Cloud's huge ass sword in VII, but many questioned Ichigo's in Bleach. And his ultimate sword is suprisingly small. Only about the size of a standard katana. I don't really mind Bleach's swords and such.
Danny

Post by Danny »

This may already be well know, but this is the best site I found for The Gaia series games and some others: http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/snes/sb/

It has some good sword and armor to draw for just basic designs. If you press on RPGsclassic main you can look for other games to so I won't bother posting tons of links for the same site.

This one is also from RPGclassics and it's pics of CT:

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/chrono/ct/ctart.html

It has some swords in it, but their not as good as the ones here at the seikens.
Last edited by Danny on Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.