Sink holes... And other disaster stories

A place where you can chat about whatever.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Anise
Metal Crawler

Post by Anise »

Yah all sorts of fun, Darlings.

I was walking home from school with a friend, and a schoolbus drives by. Instead of getting runover I dash to the side- pushing my friend into the nearby muddy patch. She quickly squeked and jumped back on the road and started yelling at me.

Of coaures I was being stupid.

I jump onto the muddy patch and say, "LJ Darling, look its just mud.... Its not going to hurt you."

Boy was I wrong. It sank up past my ankles in a second. WADEING THROUGH SINKING SAND IS NOT FUN!

Anyways. That is why you do not laugh at people for being..... Well... Smarter than you.....

Feel free to laugh. I am right now... Man Im an idiot.

-Anise

Got any stories like that? Im sure we would all like to hear.
Last edited by Anise on Thu May 07, 2009 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leme Inthrigil
Blat

Post by Leme Inthrigil »

Nice. For future reference: Do not jump into strange mudholes unless you want to wake up in a strange new world with mystical powers and have big adventures with mutant squirrels.
ytwars
Chess Knight

Post by ytwars »

So jumping in the mudholes sounds like a good idea then, mutant squirrels are usually fun!!!!!
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Holy cow!

Where are sinkholes? Where are you from, Anise? You don't have to answer that if you don't want to, but WOW! And I have to mention since you're alright that your story reminds me of the scene in the latest Indiana Jones movie. I hope your friend isn't afraid of snakes, too! ;)

Peace,

manaman
Anise
Metal Crawler

Post by Anise »

Find sheexy and go orth a couple hundred miles...... Im somewhere up there.

The sinkhole was reated by.....
They dug p the sand, and made a really deep hole. Then they put the sand back in, and it rained- makeing really losesan- QUICKSAND! So it wasnt really a sinkhole but I couldnt thinnk of the correct word yesterday.
ytwars
Chess Knight

Post by ytwars »

You live somewhat near Sheexy, that must be scary...
Anise
Metal Crawler

Post by Anise »

You have no idea. Im always afraid that hes going to randomly pop up somewhere a nd talk to me. And then remember. Ohyah! He dosent kow what I look like!
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

ytwars wrote:You live somewhat near Sheexy, that must be scary...
What're you implying here. :-P

It's kinda inline with both Anise's story and manaman's reference to Indiana Jones, but a lot of times around here I'll talk about how there isn't anything bad under something, be it a rock or a piece of furniture, and then pick it up and find a nice nest of yellow jackets or a scorpion or something.

Really should be more careful with that stuff. ^-^;

But I'm pretty lucky when it comes to wasps and scorpions, I think I'm immune to their poison or something because I've been stung countless times and it never hurts or swells up or gets red or anything.

It's kinda weird because my mom is almost deathly allergic to yellow jackets but I'm pretty much immune. So I always have to take care of them if any pop up. :P
Anise
Metal Crawler

Post by Anise »

ANise tried to mow the lawn. You know the little flap that makes all projectiles fly downward. yah, well it was missing. and all projectiles flew to wards anise. One nearly took out her eye. She feels very hurt that Lawnmower would betry her right now. Walkks away.....
ytwars
Chess Knight

Post by ytwars »

Maybe Sheexy sabotaged your lawnmower...
Anise
Metal Crawler

Post by Anise »

Its possiable D: Sheexy do you not like me?
Delvar
Crawler

Post by Delvar »

I've never really encountered anything really dangerous like you have, Sheexy. I usually just get assaulted by giant flying cockroaches... the ones that go right for your face.

I'm also prone to being knocked over by waves, slopping drinks over myself and various other unfortunate things. So don't feel too bad, Anise.
ytwars
Chess Knight

Post by ytwars »

At least no giant radioactive squids have fallen from the sky....
BlueGenomes
Tomato Man

Post by BlueGenomes »

I saw this movie called Population 436 about a dude that got a flat tire over a pot hole, then got stuck in a town where people get lobotomized when they tried to escape. Crazy world..
Anise
Metal Crawler

Post by Anise »

No but radioactive cats with eightarms have been raining like well... rain, over here.