Dawn of Mana: General Store

Mana not on your side? Ask here and we'll help out!

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

ShardofTruth
Rabite

Dawn of Mana: General Store

Post by ShardofTruth »

So I was in the mood of some Dawn of Mana today and noticed I didn't unlock the following items in the general store yet (despite having a clear file for the normal difficulty): Rare Pet Egg, Crescent Barrier, Blade Maw, Gemini Hammer.

All these items should become available after completing the normal mode and I already bought all music and movie pieces, even all the stuff that also only becomes available after completing normal mode.

Did I something wrong, did my savegame become corrupt or is Bradygames guide just wrong (again)?
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Re: Dawn of Mana: General Store

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

That's really weird. I remember seeing the rare pet eggs for sale after I beat the game, but I don't remember looking for any of the others. Maybe you need a hard mode clear or something?

I'd check, but I haven't seen my copy of the game in a long time since I lent it to a friend.
ShardofTruth
Rabite

Post by ShardofTruth »

I'm working on a hard playthrough now. The bouts that should unlock with completed chapters on hard are unlocking, so maybe this helps, but I still think that there's something wrong with my save.
ShardofTruth
Rabite

Post by ShardofTruth »

Okay, I think I know what the problem was, if I remember correctly I used a savegame from gamefaqs all those years ago to get more money. The hacks/codes used for this savegame prevented me from getting these items, I started a new game and after finishing all was as it should be.